5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes
Published on August 12, 2009 by Kimo

I am a medical professional and am on my feet for many hours of the day. I was looking for a clog that had great ventilation and was comfortable for someone like myself that had flat feet. In the past I had used a clog that had an open heel and did not like the sensation of constant heel "clapping" as I walked.

I decided to try out the Yukon. At face value...
Published on July 25, 2010 by medi

3.0 out of 5 stars Agree With the Other "Critical Review"- But Problem Could Be Remedied, July 25, 2010
medi (Southern Calif.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)

I decided to try out the Yukon. At face value it had everything that I wanted and in all ways but one, it actually delivered. The ventilation is excellent-feet do not get hot at all. The adjustable heel strap works great and while there is some elevation of the heel when you walk it is hardly noticeable and after a while it feels like a closed heel even though it is not. The style of the clog is a "step-up" from your "run of the mill" clogs.

The only criticism I have for this clog is comfort. The problem is the foot bed consists of a hard rubberized sole that has nubs that project upward that is designed to help circulation and message the foot. Unfortunately all it did for me was make the otherwise perfect clog into a uncomfortable clog.

I absolutely agree with a previous reviewer's (Jared) comments that these clogs "are not bare foot friendly and worn without socks will murder your feet". I will go just a bit further than Jared and say that even worn with socks your feet may not be torn up but it is certainly not as comfortable as other clogs that have a soft cushiony feel. Arch support was also minimal.

Fortunately for me the local sporting goods store ("Dicks") carried these clogs and I was able to try them on with some cheap orthotics that when inserted into the clog not only covered the rubber nubs but also provided the soft cushiony feel I wanted with better arch support. All the problems were solved and now I have the perfect clog!

For those of you who have the same concerns and wish to follow suit with my solution please be aware that the orthotics take up space within the clog ( unlike clogs made by "KlogsUSA" which have a removable sole that can be interchanged with an orthotic). I wear a size 8/12 tennis shoe. With the orthotic in place I bought a size 10 clog. Last bit of advice: if you buy an orthotic to cover the nubs buy a full orthotic that spans the entire clog from toe to heel because the nubs extend the entire length of the foot. Hope this was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, August 12, 2009
Kimo (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
Due to foot problems, I had been wearing Birkenstock sandals for a couple of years then one day my foot doctor turned me on to Crocs. They looked kinda funky but I tried them and quickly fell in love with them --- they are cheaper than the Birkenstocks and they feel better. However, the Birkenstocks last a lot longer --- I never did wear out a pair of Birkenstocks but I have worn out 4 of 5 pairs of Crocs (the tread on the bottom becomes slick and is no longer good for slippery/wet conditions)

5.0 out of 5 stars great style and comfort, May 9, 2008
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
I love my "leather" crocs. The leather covering of the traditional croc is very attractive. I should have sprayed a waterproofing on the leather as I managed to stain them quickly, but they still loook and feel good. Great shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, December 16, 2008
Chrissy Rey (College Park, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
My husband has a pair of these, and he LOVES them. He used to say he'd never get Crocs because he thought they looked ridiculous, but then he tried a pair on while he was waiting for me at a shoe store, and he's been wearing them ever since. He wears them pretty much all the time (including at work!).

5.0 out of 5 stars second pair, July 21, 2012
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
I have never been, okay, seldom have been as impressed with a shoe as I have with these crocs. I have read the other reviews and find it difficult that some people find these shoes uncomfortable or even painful?? Because of the little *dots* on the inside?

Well, enough about other peoples tenderfoot problems. This is my second pair, and I honestly can say I wore the first pair over two years of heavy use. They wear very well, comfortable, and durable. The first pair was worn almost through on the sole, but still used them around the house.

if you are considering buying a knockoff pair you will never know the pleasure and comfort and durability of wearing a genuine pair of crocs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and casual, yet functional, August 14, 2011
Steve Kunitzer "FesterHead" (Haliimaile, HI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
Very comfortable; easy on, easy off. I wear a size 8.5 regular width shoe and find the adjustable strap gives enough room for play to use an 8M croc. After wearing for a period of time the crocs do tend to loosen up a bit.

I like to keep two pairs active; one for work (w/socks) and one for overall daily use (wo/socks) including yard work, going to the beach, fishing, and even climbing trees to pick avocado.

Although I don't have the thickest soles the bumps are not very discernible and definitely not a detraction.

I have never water-proofed the uppers; preferring the natural effects of everyday wear and tear that gives each shoe character.

New crocs are rather slippery on both the inside and outside so be careful.

I have worn both the Mexico and China constructed crocs and have no preference.

Based on my walking pattern the heels get the most wear. I have not worn a shoe through yet though and change my daily pair about every 12 months as they can get quite beat up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, February 8, 2009
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
These Crocks are great. My husband won't wear Birkenstocks but loves the Crocks. They are flexible and comfortable. Specially good for going out in wet weather. They keep your feet dry if you don't get in water or snow that is too deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfort--decent looking shoes., September 4, 2009
Jim (Greensboro, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Shoes)
Had these about a month, and wear them every chance I get. The leather tops make them look good enough for casual clothing. I was surprised how well the straps hold the shoe to my foot when walking. Think I could wear these all day at Disney World, and hope to try it some day. My croc size was the same as my Rockport and New Balance shoes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size was incorrect., January 24, 2013
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
I own two pairs of crocs. This pair was the same size as my others but it was obvious that they were at least one or two sizes too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are the best, July 13, 2012
This review is from: crocs Yukon Unisex Clog (Apparel)
Everyone on the planet has discovered Crocs at this point. And for good reason. These lightweight attractive shoes are great. They breathe with your feet, are adjustable as you feet change during the day with heat and humidity, and look good at the end of the day. I now have three pairs of the shoes and use them interchangabily depending on what I am wearing. This particular model of the shoe has a velcro strap at the end of the shoe that adjusts as you wear them. While they cost a little more than other models, they are worth it for the comfort factor. Hurrah for crocs!

crocs Yukon Unisex Clog