2,172 Reviews
 (1,465)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a CrOc!?
At first I didn't know what to make of this shoe/sandal... it's lightweight, comfortable and "convertible", which is a nice feature that I've never seen in a sandal before. First, I'll break down the benefits, then give the low-points.

"LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE"
Published on June 16, 2008 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent shoe sizes
Published on June 26, 2008 by Helen Murray

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent shoe sizes, June 26, 2008
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Classic Clog (Shoes)
I ordered two pairs of Crocs - one pair of thongs and one pair of cayman crocs. I used the sizing chart provided and ordered both pairs in M5/W7. However, when they arrived, while the Thongs fit perfectly, with room to wiggle, the Caymans were way too small (I'd almost say a full size too small). The Thongs were "made in China" and the Caymans "made in Mexico". I went to my local store and discovered that they receive Croc orders which are often made in multiple countries. It would appear to me that there is no "standard" mold used. So beware - just because you have tried them on in a store and think you have the correct size - you may end up getting a larger or smaller size, depending on where they are manufactured.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a CrOc!?, June 16, 2008

"LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE"
This is probably the most attractive feature of the CROC, because it adds to the comfort and makes you feel like you're walking on air. By far the most comfortable things I've ever worn and I'm a picky shoe person. I have only owned 1 pair of sandals for the past 6 years and have hated every other sandal I've tried on, so these CROCS are definitely special.

"CONVERTIBLE"
You can turn the "sandal" into a "shoe" simply by pushing forward the strap. In "shoe" mode, it's a tighter more snug fit, so you don't have to worry about it coming off your feet. In "sandal" mode, it's easy to slip on and off (although it has a tendency to cling to the bottom of your feet), for that quick trip outside to take out the trash, or pick up your cell phone that you left in the car.

PROBLEM: "SWEATY FEET"
One problem I have with the CROC is that it doesn't ventilate very well. Sure, it's got holes. But the material is such that it traps heat so you're feet end up sweating in warm weather.

PROBLEM: "HOLES ALLOW DEBRIS IN"
Another problem is that the holes allow all sorts of debris into the sandal while you're walking, such as loose rocks, wood chips at the playground, sand and dirt (when you're not at the beach), and rain water (puddles in the parking lot). This means that you're feet get dirty rather quickly and can be uncomfortable at places where there is a lot of debris - eg, playgrounds.

"SIZE & PRICE"
Sizing is a bit weird. I'd recommend going to a store first to try it on and see what size you are. It's hard to find a good selection at a store, so it's best just to dip in for sizing and then purchase the one you want on Amazon. Turned out to be the best thing for me, as I was able to score Army Green Caymans from Amazon, while searching at numerous stores I've only been able to find blue and black Caymans in sizes way too big. For $29.99 I think it's a bit pricey actually, but if you're picky about sandals like me, there's nothing you can do about it.

"STYLE"
One other thing you'll have to get used to is how aesthetically disgusting it is. Let's be frank: it's a damn ugly shoe and there's no way getting around it. It's not the prettiest thing to wear, but it's hands-down the most comfortable. Just be careful where you tread. Definitely not an all-terrain/purpose sandal. Good for beach and casual sidewalk/short trip walking.

"DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BEACH AND CAYMAN STYLES"
None. Except that the sizes for Beach version are "ranges" and are more roomy for your feet. Cayman sizes are exact and are more narrow. Try on before you buy as the versions are not the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing standards need to improve, March 22, 2012
Lisa (Washington) - See all my reviews
I do love my Crocs, don't get me wrong... but it took three tries before I got a "good pair", which it why it gets 2 stars. I bought two pairs on Amazon and was unhappy with them. The size 6 were too small and the size 7 were too large. The 7 was REALLY large. I think the 7 would have been ok but one heel strap was a different length than the other. The cotton candy color looks flat in the picture here and really it's a shiny, almost metallic, color.

I decided to order shoes directly from Crocs web site to see if I got a different result. I ordered two more pairs of shoes. This time, I got a size 7 that was abnormally large with different length heel straps. But I also got another size 7 that fit PERFECTLY. Upon investigation I noticed that the ones that was huge with odd heel straps were manufactured in Mexico. The pair that fit perfectly was manufactured in China. The shoes from Mexico had straps of different length and the nubs on the inside of the shoe were rather flat. The shoes from China were perfectly the same size, had a better texture on the outside of the shoe and the nubs inside were more pronounced. The shoe from China was a much better product and putting them next to each other was like night and day. It's not a problem with the vendor supplying the shoe... it's a problem with maintaining manufacturing standards. I called Crocs and let them know that there is a stark contrast between the shoes from Mexico versus the ones from China.

Regarding sizing: I normally wear a 6.5, occasionally a 7. On Croc's web site they recommend going down a size if you typically wear a 1/2 size. I would say this is not always true. The larger size fit me better. It might be a good idea to fit the shoes at a store before buying online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice surprise!, June 27, 2007
I love these things. My daughter (who's in the medical field)turned me on to these. She, as do I, has a need for arch support because they're so high. She also knew my arches has been falling due to age (I'm in my late forties)and I need inserts in my work shoes. She's been wearing her pair since last fall (2006) and picked me up some of the Croc "glides?" in March.

I liked them so much I ordered these Caymans for myself. Amazing support for "difficult" feet. I wear them whenever I'm not in my work shoes. I may look somewhat foolish (they're marketed at a much lower age bracket than myself), but I'm comfortable so I don't care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in the garden, June 18, 2008
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Classic Clog (Shoes)
Broke down and bought them after my last sliver from my splintery deck.
I went up a half-size because people said they ran small and they weren't in my actual size, and had opposite effect...will buy half-size DOWN in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality & Size Problems, June 7, 2011
Over the years I have fallen in love with my Crocs. I have two pair, one made in China, and the other in Bosnia. The fit great and have served me well. This pair (made in Mexico) does not fit, they are too big. They also feel thinner and even the straps that normally just fold up out of the way are not the same size. If this is the new Crocs then I will find another brand and shame on the company for ruining a good product. If these are counterfeit, then shame on the supplier. As always Amazon's return policy is quick & easy, however I will still be paying $5 shipping. This is the second time I have ordered a clothing product from Amazon suppliers and the quality has been very sub standard. In the future I will purchase such items locally and restrict my Amazon shopping to other categories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these shoes!, May 12, 2007
I bought navy blue size 8 in mens because they didn't have size 10 navy blue womans and they fit perfect. The nice colors are hard to come by especially this time of year. Amazon was handy for that because they do the looking for you. I would definately buy these shoes if your looking for comfort and easy on and off shoes, they're great on uneven terrain. As far as looks, they grown on you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious sizing problems, May 25, 2011
These shoes are at least one size larger than the "normal" size should be. I had to return my order and pay shipping. After reading the other reviews, I found that my problem is obviously not unique. Since there is no way to try out these shoes in local stores and buy the same size at Amazon (sizing inconsistent, depending on origins of manufacturers), I would NOT advise anyone buying them online.

5.0 out of 5 stars beachgoer, June 29, 2008
lefty "lefty" (tybee island, georgia) - See all my reviews
These shoes are very comfortable and well suited for the hot , sticky, sandy climate where we live. It's no problem getting them wet and they're still comfortable. I found out the hard way that if you normally take a half size shoe you need to round your size DOWN with these to get a proper fit. I was able to return the pair that was too large but had to pay the cost of shipping to do so. The description of these shoes should have mentioned to round down for half sizes to save others this inconvenience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Classic Clog (Shoes)
I wear a size 8.5 to 9.0 men's shoe. I read the reviews on here and people said to round down,so I did. I ordered a size 8 croc. The shoe arrived on time,actually early. But! Rounding down one size was incorrect,these shoes are HUGE. My son wears a size 10 and they fit ok on him. I received them today and they are being returned today. Even with socks they are so big they will not stay on my foot. That includes using the strap,they are just to big. I have no idea who measures the size of these things but they really need to learn how to read and measure. They are way off. Now to top it off I am being charged to return these.

Rate and Discover Movies