5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite Crocs flip flop
Published 20 months ago by BlackEyedEd

First off I absolutely hate the Crocs shoes with the holes in them. Just the appearance, everyone raves about how comfortable they are. So I would never even slip a pair on my feet because no matter how comfortable they were, I wasn't going to walk around looking like that.

Published 4 months ago by Keith Chulick

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite Crocs flip flop, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Men's 14192 Retro Flip Flop (Apparel)
I buy a new pair of Crocs flip flops each year. These are a bit narrower (in a good way) and a lot thicker (also in a good way) than any flip flop I've seen before from Crocs. The extra cushion in the heel is nice. What I especially like about these flip flops is the bottom sole. It has a 1980's retro tennis sneaker bottom which should give them great traction on wet surfaces. If your are a ˝ size, order down to the next smallest whole size. Best Crocs flip flop ever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard as a rock. Not soft, squishy, and comfortable like they used to be., April 2, 2014
This review is from: Crocs Men's 14192 Retro Flip Flop (Apparel)

Well on vacation in Hawaii several years back a friend had Crocs flip flops and said they were the most comfortable he's ever owned. Since they didn't look stupid I tried them on and agreed- super comfortable.

This brings me to today. My other flip flops blew out the other week (strap broke) so I got on Amazon and ordered a pair of Crocs. I've slipped them on several times when I've seen them at stores (various styles) and they have always been squishy and comfortable when I have in the past. I excitedly pulled these out of the package today, slipped them on my feet, and they are the hardest pair of flip flops I own. They are made in China, not a surprise, don't know if they always have been.

Something definitely changed in the formula from what I tried on before. There is nothing special about these at all, they are about like wearing tire rubber on your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most sturdy and comfortable, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Crocs Men's 14192 Retro Flip Flop (Apparel)
Just ordered my third pair of these Retro Flip Flops in the last year just because I like them so much. And all of them are still solid and being used, lol. I had never really cared for the Croc's line as I had seen it before and never wore them. Then I found these, and love 'em because of the arch support, cushion, durability, and traction. The 80's addidas-style sole provides good grip on wet surfaces. I know because I work in these flip flops full time 5 days a week as a Beach Activities manager, and so I have tried many different designs over the years. I kid you not, if you are looking for a comfortable, waterproof sandal, I would honestly recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as Crocband flip flop, August 10, 2013
I bought these to replace my worn out crocband flip flops. (These were cheaper.) BAD idea. These flip flops rub my big toe and they are not comfortable to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars only flip flop worth owning, January 14, 2014
i tried all of them and these not only are comfortable they dont look dorky like most crocs. they also dont fall of or grab when you turn and cause you to fall all the time,, second pair i have had and i have had one pair for two years and still holding up well, cant say that about most flip flops

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for a great summer flip flop!, July 16, 2014
Supremely pleased with these flip flops -- they have great arch and foot support, slight toe grips for extra walking control, comfortable cushioning throughout, superb style (and color choices) and they are very comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Croc Flip Flops, April 17, 2014
These are the best. I highly recommend these Flip Flops, tho they are more like a sandal. They are substantial

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!, February 14, 2014
It fits nice and comfortable, no slip, easy clean, and stylish. Can be worn as house, yard or beach shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro Flip Flop VS the Modi Flip, February 22, 2014
I bought both the Retro and the Modi in size 9 men's. They are both true to size in terms of the length but the Retro is quite wide and it makes the flip flop sound when you walk and because of the width you foot moves around a lot causing discomfort. The retro is not nearly as comfortable as the Modi which is much more comfortable overall. I think the Retro will go back and I will purchase a second pair of the Modi.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more, February 13, 2013
I was desperately needing comfortable flip flops as the ones I was currently wearing were some thick rubber ones from Gap that were very uncomfortable after wearing them for just a few minutes and would make my feet hurt hours after taking them off. After reading all the good reviews on these I decided this is what I needed.

The fit was okay, they weren't too wide or too narrow - they were just right. The bands that go over your feet were just too tight and started to really dig into foot. I thought maybe I needed a bigger size, but it wasn't the entire band that was tight/snug, it was just one spot that just kept digging in and rubbing me the wrong way (pun intended).

The another big annoyance was the poor tread on the bottom. I stepped in a tiny puddle of water (with just one foot) outside and that foot was then destined to slip. The next day I walked outside on damp ground to get the mail and eventually had to take them off and go barefoot, there was no traction at all.

They are/were much more comfortable than my old Gap flip flops, but that's only because of the contour. They are just as firm and hard as my old ones.

This just wasn't the pair of flip flops for ME. If these problems don't come up for anyone else I'm sure these will be absolutely perfect. I hate returning them because I loved the style/color of them, but function comes first when it comes to around-the-house flip flops for me.

Crocs Men's 14192 Retro Flip Flop