1,493
Size Name: 11 D(M) US MenColor Name: Khaki/KhakiChange
Price:$49.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 5, 2009
Crocs Mens Santa Cruz - Black

I liked the casual look of canvas topped loafers and previously owned a pair of Sanuks, which are pretty much a canvas topped flip flop sole. Comfortable until you realize that it has no arch support, after about 3 days of constant wear my feet rebelled. The sole also began to separate at the layers. I was very disappointed because I liked the look.

Then I found the Crocs Santa Cruz. After finding my proper size, I ordered a pair. My feet have never been happier. They have the same casual canvas top as the Sanuk, but with a much thicker sole, a removable insole (although I've never removed it except to knock out sand), and arch support that is unsurpassed by any other footwear I own. My only regret is that since I have such wide feet it is not very comfortable to wear these with socks, but I suspect that is a personal problem.

Normally I would balk at spending $50 on a pair of casual shoes, but the endurance and comfort of these shoes makes them well worth it. After at least 6 months of near constant use I have not worn out the treads on the bottom.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 8, 2009
My girlfriend and I were at a party and a friend of ours had these on. He said they were "the most comfortable shoes he ever owned..." How many times have we all heard that line. Anyway I really liked the style and had some other crocs already so I figured I would give them a try. I usually wear a size 14 in tennis shoes, so I was kind of bummed when I found out that they only went up to a size 13 even on [...]. I really wanted to get a pair so I called and the lady I spoke with said that their "13" runs like a normal "14," so I figured what the heck, I can always send them back. They fit perfect! I was so excited when I tried them on and they slid right on and I had plenty of room. Mind you, this was without socks, but who is going to wear socks with these anyway? Long story short, I am now the person declaring these as "the most comfortable shoes ever..." So much so that we got my girlfriend's father a pair for father's day! They have all of the comfort of the standard crocs with the style of a nice loafer, the perfect loafer!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 27, 2009
Size Name: 9 D(M) USColor Name: Khaki/Khaki
I have searched high and low, east and west for the most comfortable pair of shoes. I have spent hundreds of dollars on shoes and no shoe has ever come to the level of comfort this shoe provides. I dont know whether people will think this is a 'stylish' pair but who cares.

For me style comes from being simply 'you', and one can only achieve this by being comfortable and relaxed. This pair will just do that.

For customers who have not seen this in person there are a few things to know which may help before the purchase:

1. The edges of the seems give way the canvas thread and you will have a few coming off with use. You can always snip them off with a pair of scissors. They also add to the 'comfy look' and are not a nuisance.

2. These are washable, and I recommend that you wash them with your hands with the aid of a soft-medium brush and light detergent.

3. These are not waterproof, They are ideal for summer or in my case 'Monsoon-less Weather'.

4. If you are a casual dresser at work and at parties etc, this is "The Pair' to wear.

5. Ideal for people who have wider toes, The design is so nice that no one will notice that you have frogfeet.

I bought mine in Singapore and have never ever regreted buying it. I am grateful for the designers at CROCS. I have already added a new pair to my wish list.
on June 14, 2011
In the last year, I have accumulated FOUR pairs of these shoes, and I love them all.

As many commenters have already stated, there are some issues with the sizing. Depending on the type of shoe, my normal size is 11-12. The very first pair I bought I tried on while wearing socks, and it was a true size 11. However, I've taken to not wearing them with socks, so it leaves them a little roomy at size 11. But I don't mind the occasional 'flip-flop' sound they make, since they really are a flip-flop disguised as a shoe.

The main reason I bought them is that I wanted to find a good-looking, comfortable and durable summer slip-on shoe. And Santa Cruz Crocs fit all of those criteria. I have them in Khaki, Espresso, Chocolate and Black because these colors seem to go well with most things that I usually wear. Maybe sometime soon I'll even try wearing them with socks and pants so that I can compare them to normal shoes which I wear everyday.

Before last year, I never even blinked when I would see Crocs Shoes at a store. In my mind, when I would think of Crocs, I would think of the standard rubber shoes with the holes on top. But as I did more research, there are so many more types of shoes with the same sort of comfort technology that Crocs offers. And this is what turned me into a Crocs fan, and I can proudly say that I'm a guy who likes Crocs!

I am a regular general Amazon customer, but I've found that ordering the Santa Cruz (or any Croc) directly from the Crocs website is a better deal. You can search for Croc coupon codes online for discounts, as well as coupon codes for free shipping.
on September 20, 2013
Size Name: 10 D(M) USColor Name: Khaki/KhakiVerified Purchase
Purchased three pair of size 10 M.
Black ones came from Mexico and fit great. Super comfortable from day one.
Brown ones came from Vietnam and fit fairly good, but a little tight and get uncomfortable after a couple hours.
Khaki ones came from China and are so small that I can't wear socks with them.
Product consistency is very very poor. It's entirely pot luck as to whether they are going to fit correctly.
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2013
Size Name: 13 D(M) USColor Name: Black/KhakiVerified Purchase
My foot doctor recommended Crocs and said they were recommended by the American Podiatry Association. This was great since they were much cheaper than the birkenstock shoes that I had been wearing. The Crocks are very comfortable and wear very well --- they are very easy to remove and put back on at the airport security check points. I have had 4 or 5 different styles of Crocks and they all were excellent and amazon is the best place I've found to buy them.
on September 12, 2009
Size Name: 11 D(M) USColor Name: Chocolate/ChocolateVerified Purchase
Very comfortable. I have hot feet and these are great because they are super breathable and don't stink.
on October 29, 2014
Size Name: 9 D(M) USColor Name: Black/KhakiVerified Purchase
Generally it is good and Comfortable what is important as I expected.The instep is not high.
But what happened to the thread?Can I cut it?
= = 唉反正是挺舒服的。花了50¥运费还是比国内便宜接近一半的价格,值了!
review image
on October 9, 2012
Size Name: 11 D(M) US MenColor Name: Khaki/KhakiVerified Purchase
I really like these shoes. They are extremely comfortable and look great. I don't like how quickly they get thread worn though. I am hoping it doesn't lead to them falling apart before there time but I would still recommend the shoe.

PAY ATTENTION to the reviews about sizing. I usually take a 9.5 to 10.5 depending on the manufacturer but got a size 11 due to the reviews about these shoes running small. I am glad I did. If I had gone with a 10 the shoes would not fit AT ALL much less with a sock. Take your usual size and +1
on June 28, 2013
Size Name: 10 D(M) USColor Name: Khaki/KhakiVerified Purchase
1/29/2015 UPDATE: You can see my original review below. I seriously love(d) this loafer. So comfy, so light. I am happy too that they became more than just "seasonal." I wear them year-around (I just wear thicker socks in the winter). But I have to say that after only one year of use (summer to summer 2013-2014), they have worn/aged incredibly fast. What little tread was there to begin with is completely gone. They are now SO slippery in wet conditions as there is zero traction. I can deal with that. I understand shoes wear. But the material of these soles wear far more quickly than a regular shoe! Traction aside, what bothers me the most are the holes! After only 6 months of wearing, both shoes developed a hole right where my big toe resides. Yes, I clip my nails. Yes, the shoes fit (they aren't too small), but apparently the constant rubbing in just that location has created 2 holes. On one hand, the holes maintain the rustic/rugged style with the frayed edging. On the other hand, it looks completely ghetto...especially if you wear white socks! So again, while I love this shoe...I expected greater longevity at this price point! :/

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I have owned the Crocs Athens (original) thong sandal for 4 years. I wear them essentially every day of spring, fall, and summer. This past summer, they finally gave up on me as the thong broke (although I successfully glued it back together, it just doesn't have the same strength). The reviews of the Dual Athens were not good, so I was going to get the original Athens again to replace my old ones. However when I came across the reviews of the Santa Cruz, my attention was piqued. Although they cost more than the sandals, I went out on a limb (or so I thought) and purchased a shoe that I had never even tried on. Some notes:

First thing, it fit perfectly. My old Croc sandals were a size 10, so I bought these in size 10. Same, perfect fit! I was very pleased that the sizing didn't change in 4 years.

Secondly, the sole in the Santa Cruz (which is removable) felt like the exact same sole of my old Athen's sandal. Extremely lightweight, and as comfortable as I'll be! It was as though I bought a slip on version of my old thong sandal!

Third, These shoes are lightweight. I can't even begin to describe (without sounding overly-dramatic) how light these are! You don't feel like you are lugging around anything heavy on your feet wearing these. Super lightweight, super comfortable.

Fourth, I was skeptical about their breathability, but pleasantly pleased. While wearing them on a hot summer day in the Midwest, my feet DO sweat....but my feet don't slide around uncontrollably in the shoe. I think this has to do because of the snug, perfect fit for my feet...that there isn't room for my foot to slip and slide around. The nice thing is, while my foot does sweat, it only seems to be on the bottom of my foot where it makes contact with the inner sole. The sweat does not seem to bleed over to the fabric material and is not absorbed by the fabric in any way....which obviously I'm very pleased by.

Some people made negative comments about the fraying...it's intentional. It's the style. It's supposed to be like that. It's not the type of fraying that if you pull the end...your shoe will gradually "unwind." I like the rugged character it adds.

I've worn them every day for a week straight and have yet to find a genuine complaint about these shoes. If they last as long as my other Crocs, I will be a happy man. If something comes up, I'll be sure to update this review...but after a hard weeks wear, my initial review couldn't be any more positive!!