4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful comfortable shoe - but runs small.
Published on October 5, 2009 by ms. tree

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small
I recently bought these for my husband, he has a pair of the unlined Crocs that fit wonderful, we were very disappointed that the fit, of the Blitzen Polar Fleece Clog by Crocs, is too small. However, we are returning the too small size and I just placed an order for the next larger size, sure hope they fit because my husband really likes them!
Published on October 31, 2009 by Janet F. Mcdonald

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful comfortable shoe - but runs small., October 5, 2009
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Fleece Clog (Apparel)
Although the polar fleece is a wonderful step-up from the regular fleece lining of the Mammoth clogs, I was surprised to discover that the Blitzens were a good half-size smaller than both pairs of my Mammoths - making them just a little too small to be comfortable. I am going to try the next size up when they are back in stock - but I suspect those will be too big. To be continued...

February 23, 2009:

It took a while for me to finally find the size I needed, but when I finally did near the end of November, I was very happy that the extra effort paid off and larger size was just right. Although I still love my Mammoths, the Blitzens have the great winter/wet weather advantage of having a solid upper (except for a few decorative "Crocs" holes near the opening). This makes them much more practical for mild to moderate winter weather use.

The polar fleece is absolutely worth the extra few dollars for the comfort and "snuggliness", but I'm a little skeptical about the durability. Only time will tell.

My personal Crocs sizing solutions:

Crocs sizes tend to be somewhat off from other shoes - some run big, some run small. This is what I find generally works for me if you are not able to try them on before buying.

1. Determine your normal shoe size for a running/walking shoe or similar (not heels or hiking boots since most will vary more).

2. If you are buying a traditional Crocs clog-type shoe, usually you will wear the same size Crocs. If your size is a half-size like mine, you will have to make a choice since Crocs don't run in half sizes (that I am aware of). I usually go down to the next even size. They have always fit well, and the material does have some "give" so I've never had a problem with pinching or blisters, and they will stretch out a little over time.

3. If you are choosing a sandal style Crocs, I always go to the next even size up, since they seem to run a little tighter, but I also have wide feet.

4. For the Mammoth - you will probably need to buy one full size larger than your normal shoe or Crocs clog because the company does not re-number the shoe sizes, they just add the liner and that takes up space.

5. For the Blitzen - you will probably need to buy two full sizes larger than your normal shoe or Crocs clog. Part of the reason is, I believe the same at with the Mammoths - the liner takes up room. The other reason is that the shoe itself, compared sole to sole to the same sized Mammoth is at least on half size smaller. If I ever find out why I will be sure to let you all know.

To summarize my sizing suggestions:

Crocs clogs - your normal casual shoe size or closest whole size smaller.
Crocs sandals - your normal casual shoe size or one size larger for wide feet.
Crocs Mammoths - one size larger than your normal casual shoe size.
Crocs Blitzens - two sizes larger than your normal casual shoe size.

I hope that is helpful. Since everyone's feet and everyone's comfort preferences are different, I make no guarantees, but I own about a dozen different pairs of Crocs and these suggestions are what have worked for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel great on the feet, but get 2 sizes bigger, November 14, 2009
Simbolina (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Fleece Clog (Apparel)
I love how these feel on my feet, but they run 1.5 - 2 sizes small. I bought one Biltzen Polar Fleece in Black and one in Chocolate Brown, and the black ran smaller than the brown by a small amount. I am usually a size 9 to 9.5, and bought a size 10 because I saw in earlier reviews that they run small. I'm actually returning them and buying a size 11 (yikes!) The fleece is super soft, and the crocs provide good support.
I first tried a pair of Birkenstocks because I heard they were really good for my feet (despite being scary to look at). I never got used to the feel, and actually found I was more tired and my back was sore -- even though I wore them around for weeks (I'd heard this was a temporary thing that eventually got better, but it didn't work for me).
I bought a pair for inside the house and one for outside, so I'm not constantly bringing mud into the house, but I have good support when I'm inside, so my legs don't get tired when I'm carrying my kid from room to room :-) I definitely recommend them, just buy BIG (it's more than just the difference of the fleece - they're just really small).

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, October 31, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet, December 1, 2010
I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now, and I walk about 50 yds from my living space to the bathroom/shower facility. It's starting to get pretty cold at night, and flip flops just don't cut it. I ordered the pink Crocs with the brown fleece inside, and they are just perfect! I can slip them on quickly, and my feet stay warm and toasty. I absolutely love, love, love these shoes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate them, February 18, 2013
Just had surgery on my foot thought because they were wide they would work...Very uncomfortable hard as a rock....sizing off..

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor service from Footsmart-beware returns, December 14, 2012
Jeda (Doylestown PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Fleece Clog (Apparel)
I bought these clogs for my daughter in a size 11 women's, although she wears a 9.5, because reviews here said they ran very large. Well, they were WAY to big for her--so beware those recommendations. I didn't know the Crocs came to me from Footsmart, not Amazon, when I ordered. I requested an exchange for a size 9 be sent to her home in the return package and instead received a refund notice from Amazon in my email account for less than I paid for the Crocs. When I contacted Footsmart through Amazon, they responded that the shipping was charged to my account, so beware that, too. These Crocs come from Footsmart through Amazon. Footsmart may screw up your return order and will definitely charge you a steep shipping fee. Footsmart won't get my business in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shallow toe box, poor liner design., January 27, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Fleece Clog (Apparel)
The only pair of shoes that I have been unable to wear in years. The toe box is very shallow, creating pressure on the top of your toes. Since the EVA material is elastic and returns to original shape, this does not "break in". Also, the liner is made with long, straight fibers, not looped which means that they compress and lose insulating qualities quickly. One of the few products where the original is of lower design quality than the cheap knock-offs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slipper Solution for the Non-Slipper-Liking Person, December 28, 2011
First off, let me state that I am not necessarily a crocs fan. I've always joked that I don't "do" plastic shoes. Second off, I live in Chicago...and what that means is cold piggies if you don't wear slippers in the winter. I've tried the slipper thing, but I've failed miserably. Most of the time they end up being left in various places in my house. I find them more annoying to me then comfortable. And of course the various-place-of-the-day always turns out to be right where my slipper-loving husband will see them. Insert repremand about catching pneumonia here. :) Any truly valiant attempt at keeping the slippers on my feet has resulted in slipper manslaughter: mished-down slipper linings, souls detaching from the slipper, unsupportive shoes... not to mention the slipper itself ends up looking like it's been thru WW5. And all of this in a mere month. Mostly because your average slipper is not made very well.

After being pestered long enough about having icicles for toes, I promised I would try crocs as slippers. Well, so far the crocs win! Especially these fleece lined versions. The croc itself is quite durable. The shoe is supportive (I have back issues... so that is important). I can also verify that it doesn't hurt the foot or the back after 'living' in it for a lazy weekend. :) I also don't feel like I'm going to go ice skating across my kitchen floor in it, like I do with normal slippers. It has an ever-so-slight heel and plasticy-croc-like-treds on the bottom. After a while, the fleece does seem to form to your feet, making toe and heel prints in the material... but because the fleece is built into a croc shoe you don't end up with mished-slipper-syndrome.

I would highly recommend getting 1 size larger than your typical shoe size since the fleece is merely an insert and the shoe is not resized. I wear a woman's 8. A polar blitzen 9 works for me. My husband wear a 10 1/2 and a polar blitzen 11 works for him. Also note that the husband has feet issues... odd bones, bunions, wide feet, you name it. It truly is a project finding comfortable shoes for him. The crocs work great for him and he swears by them.

As for cons... well, if your feet get warm easily, you may want to skip these. They certainly keep your piggies toasty! And while the fleece is 'snapped' to the croc with a button on the side to keep it from removing itself from the shoe... it would have been nice to have a similar snap on the back heel. Occasionally I have to push down the back edge of the insert back over the shoe by the heel. Not a biggie, but I thought I would mention it.

I still won't wear them out of the house (remember my plastic shoes comment?)... but for slippers, these win hands down and feet warm!

5.0 out of 5 stars crocs polar fleece, May 14, 2010
Joan E. Somers (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like these crocs extremely well. They are warm and perfect for putting on and going outside in winter, even in snow. They were and will be used 75% of the time in winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I ordered a size up, March 29, 2010
Love these shoes. Bought them so I woud have something warm to slip on when I have to take the dog out. Keep my feet dry and warm even if the ground is wet. Ordered a size up based on other reviews, and they fit great. I prefer to just wear them around the house, since they make my feet look huge. But there has been the occasional time wear I forgot that I have them on, and I run my errands in them.

Rate and Discover Movies