5.0 out of 5 stars WOW
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:25 Mins
Published on March 18, 2010 by Michael Bigger

1.0 out of 5 stars First Pair 5 Stars, now make my feet red
My first pair was the best flip flop I ever had. Then I bought a new pair and it caused red marks from rubbing the top of my foot.

I could not figure out why the first pair was so good and the 2nd pair so bad. Turns out they shortened the band between the toe by 1/4 inch. Now the top rubs my foot constantly, removing my skin and irritating it.

I...
Published on December 29, 2011 by Amazon Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars First Pair 5 Stars, now make my feet red, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)

I called Crocs and they measured another 12 or so pairs and they were all 1/4 inch shorter in the band so it was not a defective pair that I had received but a change in the way they make them.

So even though there are a ton of 5 star reviews I assume this is for the pair I had originally as I also rated it 5 stars on Crocs Website. Beware on this new cut because it might rub the top of your foot constantly.

I have noticed other Crocs products have had the same issue including their flagship sandal. Reviewers have complained that they loved their original pair and then they bought a 2nd pair that was produced in a different country from the 1st pair and they were not comfortable at all because they were sized differently. It seems Crocs has a quality control problem with their manufacturing.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, March 18, 2010
Michael Bigger (Cold Spring Harbor, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:25 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT REPLACEMENT FOR THE ATHENS & BAJA, May 31, 2010
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
If you like the Crocs Athens, you will love this sandal! It's soft & cushy for the bottom of your feet, with a good arch support, medium width and the straps don't hug as close as in the BAJA (which wasn't around very long, but had a softer footbed & better arch than the Athens). I LOVE the comfort of this sandal & the look of the black/red combo is my favorite. Just remember to go up one size from what you wear in the Athens (also as in the BAJA, gotta go up one size). I wear a 39N in a Birkenstock, a Men's 6/Ladies 8 in a Crocs Athens, BUT I wear a Men's 7/Ladies 9 in the BAJA and in the MODI. The MODI is an absolutely PERFECT fit for me and by far THE MOST COMFORTABLE flip flop sandal I've EVER worn - YOU'LL LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, August 19, 2010
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
I've owned a pair of Modi Flip Flops for over a month now, and they are hands-down the best sandals I've ever had. They are very, very comfortable... ....although it took me about half a day to get used to the thong between my toes: no pain, but it just felt "funny" at first; it's been 40 years since I wore this style. The sizing was spot-on (men's size 13). There is very little slipping between your feet and the sandal when they are wet. I'm seeing a little bit of wear, which leaves me to believe I'm going to get about 1˝ summers of solid use out of them, but this remains to be seen. Added bonus: no annoying "flip-flop" sound when you walk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Squooshy comfort, July 27, 2010
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
This is my first pair of crocs flip flops. Oh why oh why did I wait so long to buy one? This one has so much squooshy/comfy support at the feet. It feels like I'm walking on gel. However, I always have issues w/ the toe strap w/ all toe strap flip flops/sandles. This wasn't an exception. It's not incredibly uncomfortable but my skin gets a little red. I can still walk in them for a few hours though, which is a big change from my old J.Crew/Old Navy etc flip flops which were unbearable after a few strides. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those with leg,/foot/back issues!, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
I found Crocs after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis , Fibromyalgia & Neuralgia. I could not walk more than 5 minutes without crippling pain in my "regular" flip flops because they lack support. Well, I searched high & low for supportive thong style sandals which are my favorite shoe type since I was a little kid. I ordered Crocs Athens never having worn Crocs shoes before, just knowing I noticed all the hospital folks in their clogs. I liked that they were lightweight, waterproof, supportive,and conformed to your foot. I needed comfort and can't drag around heavy shoes with my conditions!
Well, I loved my Athens sandals & when I got online to buy more (my puppy ate one!! Little brat!) I noticed that the Modi has replaced it. I am ordering today and hoping they last as long as the Athens & are as comfy.
You will not believe how great this style Crocs feel compared to the average thong sandal! Last week I managed to walk the State Fair for 4+ hours before being in too much pain. I could even make it through my dogs obedience classes every week with these on, which required light jogging (something I never thought I could do again). People think I'm crazy wearing these things year round...but I simply can't tolerate any other shoe. For me, Crocs sandals have been a life saver.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Comfy Flip Flops Ever, June 5, 2010
Susan Senerchia (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
There is no "getting used" to these flip flops! They are comfy from the word GO! I can see me owning more than one pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally comfortable!, June 1, 2010
G. Clayboss "Woodhobb" (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my first pair of Crocs. I'd heard nothing but good things about Crocs, so I shouldn't have been surprised when these were so comfortable. They have a shaped footbed that supports your feet. The small, soft nibs on the soles give your toes something to grip. Excellent everyday flips!

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!!, April 7, 2012
Amazon Customer (Port Orange, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
I absolutely LOVE these Crocs! I have wide width & it can be a real issue trying to find Crocs that fit right. I know that these are just flip flops, but they are SUPER comfortable, give great arch support & you can wear them all day & your feet never get tired :) If you have WIDE width these should fit you just fine. I wear a size 8 1/2 Wide in regular shoes- in these i ordered size 9 & they fit great. These are some of my favorite shoes... now if only Crocs would start making shoes that have an actual wide width i would buy nothing but Crocs!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Now I understand the Crocs Phenomenon!!!!, July 19, 2010
my 2 cents "my 2 cents" (San Clemente, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop (Apparel)
For years I have watched people on the street, doctors, nurses, etc. clomp around in Crocs clogs and I just didn't get it! WELL I DO NOW! I'M A BELIEVER! I have a heel spur (for those of you who are not familiar, imagine every time you land on your heel it feels like you stepped on a huge shard of glass) and I couldn't seem to find a "slip on & go" shoe that had enough cushion for my heel under $70 + they were all so matronly & blech, just ugly! Anyway, I came across a video review from a gentleman (Michael Bigger...thank you!) on Amazon for these & I thought, "it couldn't hurt". Not only did they arrive a day early & fit as if they were custom made for me..they are the MOST comfortable flip-flops I have EVER worn! I was concerned about the "nubs" but they are teeny-tiny, pretty much unnoticeable. And the cushion when you walk, it's as if you're walking on air! In fact, sometimes I forget I even have them on because they are so lightweight, like air! I LOVE THESE! I WILL purchase more! Also, one reviewer commented that on the black/red the red is more of a red/pink and they are correct, but that's why I chose that color! Thanks reviewers! And THANKS CROCS! You have a life long customer in me!!!!! :)
PS: I forgot to mention that I wore these ALL day right from the box & they NEVER hurt between my toes & the straps NEVER rubbed the top of my feet. I wore them to walk my dogs today. We went about 1 mile and I swear to you, it was like walking on air! None of that "flip flop" noise, just pure cushion & comfort! I'm getting a couple more pair for myself and also for my parents!

Crocs Unisex Modi Flip Flop