Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: crocs Unisex MODI Flip
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$16.99 - $44.99

on December 29, 2011
My first pair was the best flip flop I ever had. Then I bought a new pair and it caused red marks from rubbing the top of my foot.

I could not figure out why the first pair was so good and the 2nd pair so bad. Turns out they shortened the band between the toe by 1/4 inch. Now the top rubs my foot constantly, removing my skin and irritating it.

I called Crocs and they measured another 12 or so pairs and they were all 1/4 inch shorter in the band so it was not a defective pair that I had received but a change in the way they make them.

So even though there are a ton of 5 star reviews I assume this is for the pair I had originally as I also rated it 5 stars on Crocs Website. Beware on this new cut because it might rub the top of your foot constantly.

I have noticed other Crocs products have had the same issue including their flagship sandal. Reviewers have complained that they loved their original pair and then they bought a 2nd pair that was produced in a different country from the 1st pair and they were not comfortable at all because they were sized differently. It seems Crocs has a quality control problem with their manufacturing.
1313 comments|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 18, 2010
88 comments|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2014
A few years ago, I bought an earlier version of these after trying them on and being amazed at how comfortable they were. As they wore on, they became my backyard flip flops I'd leave on the porch. It took a good 3-4 years of solid service, but they eventually started falling apart. Enter the new pair...

Again, as soon as they were on my feet, it was pure delight. Even with some minor differences from the ones I'd had (the old pair had fabric foot straps), they were just as comfortable as I remembered--more so because they still had all their spring. For the next couple of months, I was quite happy.

Then summer hit. I'm in the South Bay area and, for the most part, it's been a pretty mild summer, with only a couple weeks of really hot temperatures so far. As one does in the summer, I wore my flip flops around and, on a couple of occasions, left them off my feet for a bit where they sat in the sun. Big mistake. Through some kind of inverted, Bose-Einstein thermodynamics, the flip flops shrunk. Like, by a couple of sizes shrunk. Seriously. Look at my pictures.

Mind you, this was not 100+ degree sun and it was probably about ten hours of direct and filtered light spread out over several days. At first, I thought I was either hitting my midlife growth spurt or had some crazy foot edema, but nope: the reason the flip slops went from magical to unusable was because they'd significantly contracted. Now, while I could understand it if a pair of fine Italian loafers lost a little life from excessive solar exposure, one of the main ingredients for summer footwear should probably be the ability to, you know, withstand gentle summers. Perhaps I ask too much.

In any event, Amazon was good enough to send me a replacement pair and they're just as comfortable as they should be. I'll just have to take care with this pair to save them for bobsledding or some other appropriately temperate environment they can handle.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2010
If you like the Crocs Athens, you will love this sandal! It's soft & cushy for the bottom of your feet, with a good arch support, medium width and the straps don't hug as close as in the BAJA (which wasn't around very long, but had a softer footbed & better arch than the Athens). I LOVE the comfort of this sandal & the look of the black/red combo is my favorite. Just remember to go up one size from what you wear in the Athens (also as in the BAJA, gotta go up one size). I wear a 39N in a Birkenstock, a Men's 6/Ladies 8 in a Crocs Athens, BUT I wear a Men's 7/Ladies 9 in the BAJA and in the MODI. The MODI is an absolutely PERFECT fit for me and by far THE MOST COMFORTABLE flip flop sandal I've EVER worn - YOU'LL LOVE IT!
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2010
I've owned a pair of Modi Flip Flops for over a month now, and they are hands-down the best sandals I've ever had. They are very, very comfortable... ....although it took me about half a day to get used to the thong between my toes: no pain, but it just felt "funny" at first; it's been 40 years since I wore this style. The sizing was spot-on (men's size 13). There is very little slipping between your feet and the sandal when they are wet. I'm seeing a little bit of wear, which leaves me to believe I'm going to get about 1½ summers of solid use out of them, but this remains to be seen. Added bonus: no annoying "flip-flop" sound when you walk!
on April 7, 2012
I absolutely LOVE these Crocs! I have wide width & it can be a real issue trying to find Crocs that fit right. I know that these are just flip flops, but they are SUPER comfortable, give great arch support & you can wear them all day & your feet never get tired :) If you have WIDE width these should fit you just fine. I wear a size 8 1/2 Wide in regular shoes- in these i ordered size 9 & they fit great. These are some of my favorite shoes... now if only Crocs would start making shoes that have an actual wide width i would buy nothing but Crocs!! :)
on July 27, 2010
This is my first pair of crocs flip flops. Oh why oh why did I wait so long to buy one? This one has so much squooshy/comfy support at the feet. It feels like I'm walking on gel. However, I always have issues w/ the toe strap w/ all toe strap flip flops/sandles. This wasn't an exception. It's not incredibly uncomfortable but my skin gets a little red. I can still walk in them for a few hours though, which is a big change from my old J.Crew/Old Navy etc flip flops which were unbearable after a few strides. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again.
on October 6, 2013
two years ago, i purchased the same shoe and it fit great! they were comfortable and gave me good support. i'm a teacher, so i'm on my feet all day and these flip flops were great. i purchased another pair because i'd worn the original pair out. i tried them on and they were 1/2 size too small. i even compared it to my original pair, and yep they were about an inch smaller. i returned them and will purchase a size larger. i hope it isn't too large. stay tuned. :/
on July 14, 2015
BLOW OUT at the toe! very little holding it in...

no warranty = cheap
review image
on August 29, 2013
The first pair of these I purchased I swore I would never wear anything else during the summer. When my last par broke I ordered a new pair. It seems that crocs decided to make the toe strap 1/4 inch shorter, doesn't sound like much but I cannot wear them. I would have some very bad blisters if I tried. Why change perfection? Why...