4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with size - and a way to stretch those straps
Published on March 25, 2012 by Cynthia Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for those of us with "chubby" feet
Published on July 17, 2011 by Jennifer Brasseur

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with size - and a way to stretch those straps, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Women's Patricia II Wedge Sandal (Apparel)
I read some reviews and on that basis, bought a size larger than usual. I wish now that I had not. They were longer than needed (of course, being a size larger) but still as tight in the straps. So I did the heat-and-stretch trick (I've written about this before in a review for another Crocs shoe a few years ago. I did not originate this solution, but am happy to publicize it, because it works!)

Put the shoes in the dryer for 3-4 minutes and while you're waiting, put two pairs of thick socks on. Take the shoes out of the dryer and immediately put them on. You can grab the straps (not too roughly) and pull them up over your socks. Leave the shoes on for a good half-hour. They will cool off leaving much more strap room.

Having done this, I now love the shoes. My feet have room to breathe. No blisters. I wish I didn't have the extra 3/4 inch of unnecessary shoe hanging out the heel, but oh well! I'll know to buy my usual size next time, and just stretch them to fit!

I probably should give the shoes 5 stars now, but I did have to do a little prepping before these became wearable.

I should also mention, the heat-susceptibility of Crocs is a factor to keep in mind (especially living in the Southwest heat.) Don't leave them in an enclosed car on a sunny day, or out on the patio when it's 110! They will shrink to little kid size! I tried heating them and stretching them out, and that worked to a degree, but they didn't feel or fit quite right afterward.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for those of us with "chubby" feet, July 17, 2011
I had previously bought the original Patricia Crocs, and was interested in another pair. I thought this design was neat, and decided to try them. I love the look of the shoe, very cute and stylish. My problem is that the straps are just a bit too tight, even ordering a half size up from what I usually wear (a size 9 instead of 8 1/2) and especially after my feet swell from walking and standing. Unfortunately, I wore them a couple of times before I noticed exactly how tight they were, and can no longer return them due to wear. It's too bad, because I wanted to love them, but they are not made for those of us with "chubby" feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Bride-to-Be, July 22, 2011
I purchased this size 9, Patricia IV Wedge Sandal in Oyster/Iguana for my best friend who is getting married on August 6th. She was worried about comfort and wanted a sandal she could wear with her wedding dress, through the ceremony and reception at an outdoor wedding; I immediately thought "CROC SANDAL"!! Bride-to-be was relieved and overjoyed that she'd be in comfort the entire day, and stylishly so. She said it fits perfectly and is the most comfortable sandal! "No one will know these are Crocs, especially my mom!" (who forbid her to wear Crocs for this occasion). Can't wait till she learns her daughter had a Croc wedding :)

PS...Wide feet here; I tried the size 9 on, normally taking an 8--it was a no go. If you have really wide feet, these shoes aren't for you. Try another style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and fits better than the Patricia I, August 1, 2011
TW (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Women's Patricia II Wedge Sandal (Apparel)
I previously owned the Crocs Patricia I sandal which is very comfortable, but the strap closest to the ankle was a bit loose which wasn't as flattering. The new Patricia sandal has slightly different straps which I find to be more flattering. It takes a few wearings to break in the wedge to get more arch support and for the straps to loosen, but I find they are incredibly comfortable and look better on. I wear a 6.5 and bought a size 6 which is my normal crocs size and they molded to my feet perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes I've ever worn - really!, December 24, 2011
This review is from: Crocs Women's Patricia II Wedge Sandal (Apparel)
I bought these shoes six months ago and have hardly taken them off. I am lucky to live in a climate that allows me to wear them almost all year. Not only are they the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn, but they give really decent support. I wear orthotics in most of my shoes, but I don't even need them with the Crocks. Also... and this is the biggest plus for me as I have a problem with this... my feet don't sweat in them! Therefore - they never smell. (Neither my feet nor the shoes.) I have never experienced this with any other shoe or sandal. I wear them everywhere, everyday - from rugged terrain, to the theater! They are stylish enough that I wore them with a formal long dress once. They have worn extremely well and at this rate I figure they will last at least a few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Companion, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Women's Patricia II Wedge Sandal (Apparel)
I was thinking I was going to have to stretch this out per one of the other reviewer's instructions, b/c I have wide feet, but they fit wonderfully. For me I usually wear 8.5 - 9 and my perfect Crocs length is 8. I have the Patricia I in a wide and, as others here have said, the strap closest to the ankle is just too loose. I thought for sure these would be tight since they were not available in wide, but they are perfect for me. The sole is so comfortable--I have had the Patricia I for a couple years and when I hold them up to these the sole has pushed down shorter b/c I've worn them so much! They didn't seem as comfortable to me anymore, my knees would hurt if I walked in them too much, and now I realize why, I've just worn the dickens out of them.

Why I've used the dickens out of them:
I never have like the gelly shoe look, anything injection molded I always thought no way, but these are so much nicer looking than most such shoes, so comfy, and so convenient for travel. You can wear them in the shower to avoid catching foot diseases, they don't take much room in a suitcase, and they double nicely when you want to wear something nice to dinner instead of your hiking boots! They also look fine with socks if you want to avoid them rubbing on your feet or slipping off and you want to do a little more walking around on a warmer day, when closed shoes just sound too hot. And they're are also great for slipping on to step out in the yard or garden, since they rinse off and dry fast. All around go-to footwear.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, March 23, 2012
Julia (madison, nj) - See all my reviews
Upon good reviews and knowing crocs in others styles are known for their comfort, I bought these and started wearing them immediately. I wore them today for the first time for a few hours. They are very uncomfortable and are ready to give me blisters along the area of the strap closest to the ankles. Not only that, but since they are made of plastic, nothing breathes and my feel get very hot and sweaty. I guess it works with other Crocs since they are not as form fitting? I should have worn them around the house a bit before I wore them outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy shoes, I'm now a Crocs advocate, May 5, 2013
5 stars for what I wanted. Comfy & long lasting wear - I can go for hours in these. Love these shoes for casual, and wear them around the house all the time now. A small wedge like this is better for your feet, per a podiatrist, than any other flat type of shoe, nor should anyone be doing housework in heels, so this is the answer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Croc Patricia II, June 2, 2012
For some reason Croc is making the shoe smaller than two years ago. I have several pair purchased several years ago that still fit fine. These are too tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect summer shoe for work!, December 7, 2013
Megan D. Blair (Montrose, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
I have plantar fasciitis and really struggle with shoes I can wear at my retail job. These shoes were a little snug on my foot, but I took some previous reviewers suggestion and put them in the dryer for a minute and put them on with some big socks until they cooled down. Then they fit perfect. They are super cushy and great to wear.

Crocs Women's Patricia II Wedge Sandal