The Croozer Designs dog bicycle trailer is a eco-conscious, human-powered hauling alternative that allows users to transport their dog using the pedal power generated by their bicycle. The trailer is two-wheeled, lightweight, and quickly and securely attaches/detaches to and from virtually any bicycle. Additional features include, a secure hitch / drawbar connection to bicycles, easy assembly, tool-free use,* two cockpit entry points, mesh ventilation openings, an eyelet for dog leads, built-in reflectors, and fold away storage.
Get the exercise that you need, and take your dog along for the ride. View larger
The Hauling Solution That Gives Your Pet a Break
Dogs generally love to run, but sometimes they need a break - especially with younger or older pets, or during longer excursions, and hot days. That's where the Croozer dog bicycle trailer comes into play. This special canine transport accessory is a 32" (l) x 31.5" (w) x 36" (h) enclosed space supporting dogs up to 100 lbs, with an eyelet for securing dog leashes and leads. It attaches to the rear axle of any bicycle tire, allowing active owners to get a ride in, while their dog(s) alternate between running along side, and riding in comfort in the trailer. The eyelet also serves as a handy tie-down spot for dogs during stops.
Nearly Tool-Free Assembly and Connection to Bicycles
The Croozer Designs dog bicycle trailer body consists of a single cockpit section composed of rugged aluminum tube framing interwoven within weather-resistent side walls. This in turn is connected to a solid plastic floor. The lengthwise frame tubing sections, with the connected side walls, fold up and down from the floor section. When the side walls are in the up position, additional tubing sections swing out at a 90-degree angle, where they connect to the opposite side wall, and are held in place with included securing pins. The cockpit has front and rear openings, and its sides have built-in mesh ventilation sections. The trailer contacts the road via two 20" spoked wheels. Installation of the wheel axles requires minimal tool use. Once these are installed, the wheels are fitted to the trailer with included clip bolts, which slip through the wheel axle and are fastened in place with a spring section built into the bolt. Bolts are also connected to the trailer with straps, which ensure that they will never be misplaced, even when wheels are removed.
The trailer connects to a towing bicycle by a combination of a hitch type element that attaches to the rear axle of the bicycle wheel, and a single rugged drawbar with a coupling at its end. Both the hitch and the drawbar are left-aligned, attaching to the bike, opposite the rear derailer. This eliminates the possibility of trailer interference with the shifting of bicycle gears. The hitch element is semi-permanently mounted on the rear axle, and is compatible with both axle nut and quick release hub configurations. The coupling at the terminus of the drawbar slides over the hitch and is secured with a spring bolt clip. The bolt is strapped to the drawbar, so it will never be lost when the trailer is removed. The drawbar also has a safety strap connected to it that wraps around the bike frame. This ensures a connection to the trailer in the unlikely event of the drawbar disconnecting from the hitch during use. The drawbar section just below the coupling is flexible, providing smooth pivoting into turns.
Folds Away for Storage and Security
A valuable, non-hauling related feature of the Croozer dog bicycle trailer is its ability to quickly and easily fold flat. This allows for convenient storage before and after use, and as a way to secure the unit during use, but away from a bike. To fold remove the spring clip bolts holding the drawbar in the towing position and swivel the bar under the carrier. Replace the bolt to secure the bar into place. To detach the wheels, remove spring clip bolts securing them. Following the removal of the securing pin at the upper section of the carrier it is possible to fold the basic unit inwards. Components can be lashed together with optional straps (sold separately).
Multiple mesh ventilation panels and front and rear openings for dogs. View larger
Folds down flat for fast, secure storage when you are away from your bike. View larger
- Pedal powered transport for dogs up to 100 lbs
- Bicycle drawbar with axle mounted hitch that is compatible with nut and quick release axle configurations
- Light but rugged aluminum frame with solid plastic floor
- Large entry and exit point with zips at front and rear
- Side mesh windows for visibility and ventilation, while protecting against insects
- Interior eyelet to attach dog harnesses and leads
- Simple folding mechanism allows for easy storage before, after and during use
- Nearly tool-free assembly, and 100% tool-free use
- Wheel and cover reflectors for visibility on the road
- The 100 lbs hauling capacity allows the trailer to double as a general bike trailer
- Without drawbar - 32" (l) x 31.5" (w) x 36" (h) / 81 cm (l) x 80 cm (w) x 91 cm (h)
- Folded without wheels - 32" (l) x 25.5" (w) x 9.5" (h) / 81 cm (l) x 65 cm (w) x 24 cm (h)
- Cargo platform - 31.5" (l) x 21.5" (w) x 25.5" (h) / 80 cm (l) x 55 cm (w) x 62 cm (h)
- Weight - 31 lbs / 14.1 kg
- Weight capacity - Weight capacity: 100 lbs / 45 kg
- Wheels - 20" spoked wheels
What's In the Box
- Trailer frame with side walls fabric assembly and plastic floor
- Two trailer wheels
- Drawbar with hitch element (swiveled back under the trailer)
- Small carry-box with spanners, and 2 axles complete with plain washer, corrugated washer, stop nut and wrench
- All necessary securing pins, spring clip bolts, and security straps
- Assembly instructions and warranty information
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Croozer Designs warrants that the trailer / stroller frames included in their products to be free of defects for the lifetime of the product. The fabric items and hitch are warranted for one year following the date of delivery to the original purchaser. This warranty does not include wheels and tires. This warranty is valid only to the original purchaser and under normal use.
About Croozer Designs
Croozer Designs is a part of the Thule Group of companies. Croozer Designs' products are designed for active users who want to include their young children and pets in all aspects of their active pursuits, whether in daily life, holidays, or while on adventure trips. Although known for producing economical products, Croozer Designs doesn't skimp when it comes to quality. Solid builds, smart designs, and durability characterize Croozer Designs and make their products ideal for active families on a budget.
* Initial setup of the trailer requires use of the supplied wrench for installation of wheel axles, and for coupling connection to bicycles with nut secured axles.