4.0 out of 5 stars Design is nice, quality is average, price is high.
Published on July 3, 2012 by cullybug 10

1.0 out of 5 stars No help for faulty parts
I bought a new Croozer for 2 kids and it came with a visibly crooked front tire for the jogging adaptation. Their website offers no help. No phone number or online chat, just a form for them to contact you but I was not contacted after several requests. When they finally did return my email (the only way to contact them), they told me I could buy a new tire and gave me...
Published 21 months ago by Jen

4.0 out of 5 stars Design is nice, quality is average, price is high., July 3, 2012
cullybug 10 (Wabasha, MN United States) - See all my reviews
We spent a long time looking for a convertible jogger/bike trailer for our twins. "Stroller" mode was not important. We wanted something that was well-built, with REAL pneumatic tires, ball bearings, a well-balanced design, an easy bike hookup, that seated two toddlers comfortably, and that was quick and easy to convert. Overall, this is exactly what we wanted and we're satisfied.

It was hard to justify the price. I can't comment on the cheaper alternatives, and I don't automatically assume that more expensive means better. But in general, you get what you pay for. This has what we want and looks like it will last as long as we need it, so I guess the price is right.

PROS:
-BIG pneumatic tires. The bigger, the easier to roll, and the better over bumps and obstacles.
-Storage compartment in the rear is BIG, and convenient.
-The 5 point harnesses are easy to operate, and padded. The seats are comfortable (for a stroller), and the divider between the seats is GREAT. Most other models have one seat, and two kids end up fighting because they slide to the middle on top of each other.
-The bike attachment places it centered behind the bike. Be careful: some don't. It pulls decent, doesn't fight you.
-Weight is centered over tires, so it's easy to tilt up to steer around corners when in jogger config.
-The spring-loaded dual parking brakes are nice.
-The changeover between modes isn't too bad. The pins and cam-locks are a sturdy and secure way to hold it together.

CONS:
-Throw away the cheesy, tiny, plastic stroller tire, and just use the jogger tire. It doesn't swivel like the little one, but the unit is well balanced enough that you can lean on it and tip it up on 2 wheels. They could have made something a LOT nicer for this purpose. It will probably do the job, but still, for the price we paid metal and rubber would be preferable.
-When behind a bike, it "bucks" over bumps, either giving you a little shove or yank, which makes you have to pedal harder. Although this is normal for a bike trailer, don't be surprised when you get a real workout pulling it. That's what your bike is for in the first place.
-Don't expect this to just fold up quick and pack easily into your trunk while on-the-go. It is a bit of work, and still takes up a lot of space.
-A rig this big, with two kids' weight in it should have a hand brake system, for jogging down hills. It's a lot to hold back.
-The construction is still like just about every other one out there: steel pipes, plastic brackets, canvas and Velcro. It is not any better built or better strength that our Baby Trend 4-wheel jogger stroller.
-There's a Velcro strip that holds the floor canvas to a pipe for support. It comes apart when the kids step on it. A reinforced plastic floor pan would have been smarter (or metal, but that would add to the weight of an already heavy unit).

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and versatile mid-budget choice, September 20, 2011
I got this instead of a Chariot. The price with run, city and bike options included was actually less than the options alone for the Chariot! I half-expected to be disappointed and sell it on, but that was not the case.

The build is surpringingly light and the carrier feels solid. Switching configuration is simple and quick. Luggage space is huge. It's wide too and the seats are 'bucket-like' which means the children (3,5 and 1 year) sit comfortably.

It definitely works best as a bicycle trailer, feels stable with a low center of gravity. Second best as a jogging stroller. With the city wheel the ride is a bit bumpy, especially with one kid only - there's less weight on the front wheel.

Some minor gripes: The fabric feels a bit stretched in places, which may affect longevity. The foam on the handle is not so nice when wet or sweaty, some bicycle bar tape would fix this. It's a bit wider than most strollers so check your doorways. I just make it though by removing a wheel. When jogging, I need to adjust the front wheel angle by moving the wheel in the dropouts before tightening the quickrelease or the carrier will turn left. Go for the footmat, because when jogging in pouring rain, eventually water sprayed from the front wheel soaks the floor through. No big deals but still points which could be improved.

In all, I'm very happy with this. It replaces a conventional Duo-stroller. It's great to have the kids inside sheltered from wind and rain on the daily drop-off and pick-up at the day-care center, and it's convenient not having to dress them both up. Toys and pacifiers stay inside when thrown or dropped. Finally; they both love sitting there snuggling under a blanket...

[EDIT]I treated the fabric with a spray-on waterproofer, Imprenex from [...] It works fine and keeps everything dry. Eventually water leaks into the seams on the lower edge of the side windows but the kids stay dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fitness purchase ever., November 15, 2012
My husband and I purchased this before our 2nd child was born after doing a LOT of research. We wanted something that we could take the baby out in right away for our runs and rides, and also that our older child could fit in. We bought the add-on infant sling and used a head support so we could use it immediately for our newborn, and he stayed snug and safe in it. We have used this in as low as 25 degree temps and as high as 100 degrees. It is great b/c it has the plastic cover if it is rainy and/or cold outside, and the plastic can be rolled up if it is too hot out. It condenses well for travel, and is fairly easy and quick to put together. My husband is 6'2 and I am 5'5, and we like that we can change the handle around so that it is a good height for him while running and also for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this !, June 28, 2013
I did a ton of comparison shopping on double joggers before deciding on this. I have a tall 5 year old and a 2 year old. In everything else I looked at my older sons head was hitting the top of the sunshade and he was very uncomfy! But both the boys have plenty of room in this! they love it! when its cold out i can zip them up inside with blanket and they stay nice and warm! They have also brought along a basket of books and snacks for rides and everything stays in the stroller which is nice ;) We used this for a day outing at the zoo recently and the trunk storage is amazing! we had enough room for a cooler with lunches, the diaper bag, and picnic blanket plus room for sweatshirts ect! So far I have actually only used the swivel wheel ( I am only jogging short distances ATM and we have curvy roads and it pushes like a dream! ) But now i am itching to buy a bike to use with this and i am sure i will use the jogging wheel when i move on to longer runs! It does not fit through standard doorways but I purchased a cable bike lock that lives on the croozer for when we want to go inside somewhere the stroller can't go. It's not super easy to transport but totally doable ( I am 5'3" and no body builder ;) ) and it fits (barely) in the back of my small SUV. I also like the option to use it right away with the infant sling when we have another baby! Over all I feel this was a great investment for our active family and I would definitely do it again (sooner !) and I find it quite comparable for WAY less $ to a friends Chariot :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy and the kids love it!, April 10, 2013
I reviewed this trailer excessively prior to purchasing it and one of the main points I kept reading was that if you couldn't justify the price of the chariot, then the croozer is the next best thing.....I totally agree. It's so easy to push with the 2 kids and the back stuffed full of shopping. The kids have a full 180 degree vision. The storage compartment is massive and almost bordering on too big. The hammock style bucket seats are great because the kids are still seated separately and don't slide into each other. They also have a tiny little pocket each to store a toy or hat. Wish it was a little bigger so it held a drink bottle though. It's super easy to change from stroller to jogger to bike trailer and if you wanted to, you can carry all these bits and pieces in the storage compartment. I use the jogger wheel mostly and since the trailer is so low to the ground with the big wheels it makes for a pretty smooth ride for the kids even when running. folds pretty easily too.

Cons: it's big! But what do you expect with the kids side by side. It only fits through some of the disabled entries/exits. And then if you have the jogging wheel on you may fit into the entry, but forget about it if the entry is an L shape. If the sun is beating down, even directly overhead, the kids are fully exposed to it, I've thought about the sunshade but quite frankly, I think it's an expensive piece of material, I'm yet to figure out what to do about that. The little elastic loops that hold the front plastic and net covers open has already lost most of its elasticity and I've always stored it with both covers down (to eliminate dust etc) and in the garage so I'm pretty disappointed with that and I've only had it for 3 months. The stroller wheel is really a silly little thing, makes for a rough and noisy ride but is connected underneath so makes the trailer much smaller than using the jogging wheel.

Overall I am very happy with it and the kids absolutely adore going in it. I recommend that you get it when the kids are little though, because I'm pretty sure they won't fit into it by the time they're 4 or 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with it, May 10, 2013
Two things sold me on the Croozer: it has a good jogging option rather than a 4 inch wheel that sticks so far out in front, and there is an available infant sling. If I were going to buy a bike trailer, I wanted one that I could use for jogging and with an infant so I wouldn't have to have a trailer plus a few strollers. The Croozer was the best, affordable option to do that.

Overall it's been great, but there are a few nitpicky things that bother me. When my daughter wears a helmet, it pushes her head forward. This might not be a problem for a bigger kid whose head reaches up farther, but she is quite petite. When jogging, it's difficult to get the wheel on so that it rolls straight, especially with one child since she has to sit on one side. The harness is high quality, but each point has a separate buckle, so it takes a little longer to put on than most harnesses. And I don't love the bright green, but that has nothing to do with how it works. There are many great features that outweigh those--adjustable handlebar, tons of storage in the back, well-designed, no tools needed to switch between modes, rolls well, and it's relatively easy to fold down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I expected!, July 6, 2013
After doing A LOT of research, we finally decided on the croozer kid for 2. I highly recommended it. My son loves it since he can see out the sides and watch as we run or bike. It is very roomy inside so he is very comfortable. It is wide, but we only use it for outdoor activities so that hasn't been a problem. Putting it together and switching between running and biking is a breeze. The adjustable height for the handlebar has also been helpful as I am 5'2'' and my husband is 6'3". It seems sturdy and has worn well with daily use for the past 3 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, March 25, 2014
I spent nearly 4 months researching child bike trailers and this is what I came up with, and I'm glad I did. The trailer is extremely well-built (aluminum) and the 3 in 1 attachments to convert the trailer to a: Stroller, Jogging Stroller and a Bike Trailer work great. The attention to detail involving the engineering of the trailer are second to none. The child compartment is roomy and there is a seat separator that allows your child to stay safely in place. The five point harness is better than most and is padded for your child's comfort. It's a bit difficult to adjust, but once you get it right you won't have to mess with it too much. If your child is wearing a helmet (which I suggest) make sure you buy a helmet that doesn't flare out in the back because the mesh screen behind the child's head will push the head forward making it uncomfortable for your kid. So if you buy a helmet that doesn't flare out in the back you should be perfectly fine. The storage in the back is huge and you can easily get a few large grocery bags in there. Your child is protected with a roll cage in the even you get into an accident. Just make sure you don't have items that can hurt your kid in the child's compartment (obvious I know). Because it's wide and low to the ground, there is no worries of ever tipping it over. The weather screens and it's all around weather rated material works well in the wet environment I live in (Ireland). The weight is minimal, much lighter than I had expected. I had this sent to our home in Ireland and I was a bit nervous because of the distance. The packaging was first-class, I was impressed, nothing got damaged. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. Five Stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, February 11, 2014
USMCWIFE (Richlands, NC) - See all my reviews
I read a lot of reviews before I make a big purchase and that was one of the reasons I decided to purchase the Croozer. It had some really good reviews. I am very happy with this bike trailer/stroller. My children are 4 years (42lbs and 41 in tall) and 14 months (25 lbs). Both fit very comfortably even with their helmets on. My 4 year old is a little cramped near her legs, but overall fits good. The storage area is amazing! Very large space. I can fit the diaper bag and two other large bags in it plus it still has more room. I also purchased the croozer caddy to attach to the handle bar for extra storage for cups and such. Very nice to have that.
The ony complaint that I have is that it was a little difficult for me to put together. You may need two people, at least for the part when you need to pull the seat area back and attach the two clips. That was very hard for me to do. I think it was because the fabric is so tight (which is a good thing). But it made it very hard to pull the seat all the way back and fasten the clips properly. Other than that it was very easy to assemble.
Very happy with this purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, two out of three aint bad, January 15, 2014
The stroller is very nicely built and at all times it gives you the feeling that your baby is well protected while inside.

It is advertised as a 3 in 1, stroller, both the jogger and the bicycle trailer get 5 stars from me, it is easy to push, and it is simple to attach it and disconnect it from the bicycle

What made my overall rating 4 stars instead of 5 is the stroller part, the croozer is a bad option as a stroller given that it is so impractical for that purpose because of its width, I did take it once to a shopping center and it will not fit through most doors since it is so wide, In my hotel I would also have to disassemble the stroller because it would not go through the hotel room door.

I am happy with it because I mostly bought it for it being a bicycle trailer, but It would be a mistake to buy it thinking that with this one stroller you can solve all your stroller needs, since you will need an additional one for everyday use.

Croozer Designs Kid for 1 (Blue, Grey, Black)
$475.00 $359.99