Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Crop Circles: The Greatest Mystery of Modern Times Hardcover – January 15, 2000
Wiley Architecture, Construction, & Design Store
Check out the latest architecture, construction, and design guides from Wiley.Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
At first, the author did a good job explaining some of the theories. For example, one can tell a real crop circle from a fake, using five variables. Real crop circles have unbroken stems, are stretched and bent at the base of the plants, and leave an electromagnetic signature that can be measured with sophisticated instruments. There are three other variables the experts look for to determine a real circle from a hoax. They materialize out of nowhere in a matter of minutes. Some are 1500 feet in diameter. Unfortunately, Ms. Pringle did not tell us which crop circles pictured in her book were real and which were phony. This left us feeling like she wanted to mislead the public. We know that 80% of all crop circles are manmade (fake). The other 20% are unexplained. Ms. Pringle did not help us to learn which ones pictured in the book were not genuine.
For example, there was a photo of the most mysterious crop circle of them all (in our opinion), which is a glyph of ancient Mason Text from the time of Augustus Caesar. I saw this glyph shown on a television show, and some PhD's translated it.Read more ›
There are wonderful accounts of people who witness the spontaneous creation of these crop patterns, very similar to those told by researcher Colin Andrews. Anyone who thinks that crop cirles are merely exotic designs in the field needs to read this book.
Pringle discounts the idea, unfairly in my view, that humans might be involved in making many of these patterns. Nonetheless, the book demonstrates that crop circles are truly weird phenomena, not easily explained away.
(Simeon Hein is the author of Opening Minds: A Journey of Extraordinary Encounters, Crop Circles, and Resonance (Mount Baldy Press, 2002).)
Others over the years have reported seeing mysterious lights associated with cereal crops going down in various parts of the world. The lights rarely have structure and have been an enigma since the Warminster, U. K. flap of the 1970s which also involved crop circles.
Lucy also documents a variety of effects on animals such as dogs and birds, both of which are known to detour from crop formations as if sensing something to avoid not visible to humans.
But if you already know something about crop circles and want to know more, this is not where you will find it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
VERY WELL DONE. NOT OVER MY HEAD…TO COMPREHEND.
THIS MYSTERY IS JUST THAT A MYSTERY…WONDER WHO REALLY
CREATES THESE INTRICATE PATTERN.
The beautiful photographs highlight the inescapable mystery of crop circle geometry. I cant understand the lack of serious scientific investigation into these incredible... Read morePublished on August 20, 2011 by Sahra