5.0 out of 5 stars She doesn't write fast enough
Published on May 13, 2010 by Kate

1.0 out of 5 stars The TItle Pretty Much Says it All
Cut, Crop and Die is just how I felt about this ponderous, slow moving, more than I EVER wanted to know about Scrapebooking. UGH!!! Crop the story, Cut off my head and just Die.

Published 21 months ago by Joyce J. Ruskuski

5.0 out of 5 stars She doesn't write fast enough, May 13, 2010
Kate (TULLAHOMA, Tunisia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cut, Crop & Die (A Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mystery) (Kindle Edition)
I am a scrapbooker and mystery lover, so this book seemed right down my alley. I read her first book so fast my Kindle was panting from the exertion. The second book is even better, and the entire spa experience was so hilarious, it nearly killed two people (I was reading the segment aloud to my friend Sandie, who was driving at the time, and we both got to laughing so hard the car joined in!) So- here it is, mid-May 2010, and WHERE IS BOOK THREE?!! Someone needs to be lighting a fire under Ms. Slan...

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut, Crop & Die, August 8, 2009
I am not interested in the scrap booking hobby so I wasn't sure I would like to read this book. I almost purchased it once, then decided against it. I saw a copy at our local library and checked it out. I couldn't but it down after I began readng it. I loved it. I skipped over all the scrap booking hints included, but I am sure they were very helpful to scrapbookers. The story line and characters were great. I'd buy the next book in this series when it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, September 5, 2011
I read this book before I realized that it was number 2 in a series, but I enjoyed it so much that I will definitely read the rest of the series. I laughed out loud at Kiki's day at the spa, and I didn't guess who the killer was until right before it was revealed in the story. You don't have to be a scrapbooker to enjoy this book, since the scrapbooking tips are between chapters and I just skipped right over those. I can't wait to find out what Kiki does in the next installment.

1.0 out of 5 stars The TItle Pretty Much Says it All, July 13, 2012

I am so disappointed because this had the potential be a great read. But the snail pace of the plot development lead to rolling my eyes into the back of my head and wanting to beat it against the wall. If I hadn't wanted to know who killed the victim, I'd have given it up as a bad chore. All the fill in with the scrapbook stuff just made me nutzy. I read fictional mystery romance for the story not to learn to scrap book, UGH, UGH, Ugh.

I think I must have lost my mind if I paid $9.99 for this story because $.0 would have been too much.

Sorry, that's my last one by this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, June 18, 2012
This book was bad even for a freebie. It reads like something presented by a 7th grader at a Young Author's conference. Don't bother--even for free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scrapbooking mystery, May 21, 2012
This book was purchased for my Kindle from Amazon and was a good price....if you like mysteries and scrapbooking you will laugh yourself silly at this book. Not the greatest mystery every written but a light read and fun.Cut, Crop & Die (A Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Read!, May 16, 2012
Chauceriangirl (North Richland Hills, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Kiki Lowenstein is really having a rough go of things. Her husband's murderer is still out there somewhere. With Yvonne kicking the bucket at the scrapbooking event she and her employer worked so hard to organise, business is now down pretty dreastically at Time in a Bottle ("TinaB to those in the know"). Her 11-year-old daughter Anya has turned into a raging teenage hormone-fueled ball of rage. Her mother-in-law definitely has something up her sleeve (in addition to trying to get rid of the moles that have taken over her front yard). And Detweiler, the detective for whom Kiki's developed a keen interest, has secrets of his own.

My thoughts: I "purchased" this book for a whopping $0.00. Always a good thing, unless the book is dreadful. But this one isn't. It's actually quite good. And yes, there are more in the series (this is actually the 2nd book in the series), and yes, they're on my wish list at Amazon. This is the kind of book that benefits from being offered free, because it's so good that you'll definitely want to go read the others. Slan does a fantastic job of character development. My one quibble is that Kiki, once she's done up right, is drop dead gorgeous. I guess I get a little frustrated with that trope, because how many of us would that really apply to? I dress up nicely and all, but am far from drop dead gorgeous. Nonetheless, I adore Kiki and her friends and her family and definitely her dogs.

Score: A+

To see the original review, visit QuirkyGirlsRead.wordpress.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiki's adventure continues, May 2, 2010
I love this series of books. You will enjoy reading the continuing saga. I actually read this book first, but Joanna did such a good job of peaking my interest I actually purchased the first book and have since read the latest book. Can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kiki wades into another murder., October 31, 2009
PJ Coldren (Saint Helen, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Kiki Lowenstein finds herself in the middle of another murder case when one of the scrapbookers at a crop dies from anaphylitic shock. (You learn some new things in Slan's books.) Is the real target Yvonne, the nasty woman who died? Or is she just the wrong person in the wrong place, and this is really related to some anti-Semitic violence that's been going on around St. Louis? Or is it the work of the man who killed Kiki's husband George, a murderer still on the loose? Combine all this with a pre-adolescent daughter, an unfriendly mother-in-law, and some personal problems both at work and at home . . . Kiki's life as a single mom just is not an easy one (and there are lots of readers who can relate to that, even if murder isn't in their own personal mix). Slan has written another winner: fast-paced, humorous, and appealling. It's a pleasure to watch Kiki (and those around her) grow from one book to the next.

4.0 out of 5 stars great summer read, August 7, 2009
I am a scrapbooker and found it interesting to find a mystery combined with scrapbooking. I enjoyed the first book, Paper, Scissors, Die and couldn't wait to read the next book. Both offer great scrapbooking ideas I want to try. They are a great light, summer read and I enjoyed them both. I've recommended them to my scrapbook friends. It is a good idea to read the first book because the second one talks about things that happened in the first that contribute to the story line but it was nice that I knew the background in more detail. I am looking forward to the next book!

ARRAY(0xa71855f4)