4.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should!
I've been hunting around for a good Bluetooth keypad for my Mac for nearly a year now and this is the first offering that I jumped on. All the other keypads were often Windows centric or required a separate dongle. My key requirement was a "Clear" key that worked without having to get 3rd party software to set the keys.

The product is exactly as described,...
Published on February 3, 2011 by Jeremiah

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but failed attempt
Published on February 23, 2011 by Tom California

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should!, February 3, 2011

The product is exactly as described, down to the same type of keys on the current generation of aluminum keyboards by Apple. The product is solid so I expect it to hold up to constant keypunching as I use my spreadsheets (I've only had it one day). The keys all respond as you would expect without any configuration, which made my day. I paired it with my Mac and a few seconds later I was using it.

My only gripes are with some of the details in the build quality. Like I said, overall it is solid, but this is NOT aluminum. The metallic look is a textured plastic. Not cheap plastic but still plastic. The linkage bar is also plastic. The linkage bar fits perfectly with my Apple Bluetooth KB as advertised, but I worry that one day I'll move the joined apparatus too quickly and break something. The other part that bugs me is the battery door. I'm sure it just needs to get broken in, but it was a trick to get it open and closed so I may end up breaking that at some point too. Then again, it could last forever. It did come with batteries which was nice.

Last note: Shop around. There are other prices for it out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but failed attempt, February 23, 2011
Since Apple eliminated the full wireless keyboard I have been waiting for an add on keypad. I had great hopes for this product. The product itself has a plastic tacky feel. The battery compartment was difficult to open and close. The first challenge was finding the tiny black on button below the larger keyboard on button. I tried for 30 minutes to link this product and finally had success. The product went in and out of sync. When it was working it would intermittently stick on a number. If you pressed 2 you would get a line of 2's. I returned the product and now hope that Apple will once again provide a complete wireless keyboard with chunky keys that give the feel of the pc keyboards.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, July 8, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
I'm having the same problems with the LMP Keypad seen in the other reviews:

1. Fails to stay connected

2. Have to close the keyboard helper every time it reconnects

3. Key strings (one press, continues inputting keystroke until something else is pressed

4. Short battery life with almost new, freshly charged NiMH batteries

My system: Mac Mini, OS 10.6.8, keypad connected to the keyboard, pad located within 3 feet of the mini with NO metal or solid objects between them. I have zero problems with a bluetooth mouse (used occasionally) or Apple bluetooth keyboard (used constantly).

Since Apple doesn't make a bluetooth keyboard with a numeric keypad, this product is a great idea. Unfortunately, the product is a complete failure.

2.0 out of 5 stars "Meh", April 5, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
I have the Apple wireless keyboard. I realized I needed a numeric keypad so this seemed like the best solution. The first one arrived and had a short in it. The battery burned my finger it was so hot. I returned it (the Amazon return service is great!) and got one that worked. As someone else noted, it is disappointing that it is made of plastic and not aluminum. Anyways, I never felt comfortable using it. It seems slow and unresponsive. Whenever I need it, it seems to have put itself to sleep. The battery cover is ridiculously cheap. I can easily see it breaking in one or two uses. For the same money I just went and bought a full Apple keyboard (USB). I guess I'll use the wireless for my iPad. Just a "meh" product.

1.0 out of 5 stars LMP Bluetooth Keypad, July 21, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
This item is not fit for purpose. It doesn't work. Bluetooth find is sporadic. Once found, pairing is simple, but is subsequently lost - pairing again is impossible. The power button/light is not user-friendly at all. Is it on? Isn't it? A good idea: a separate keypad marries style and functionality with the small wireless keyboard, but in this case it is very poorly executed - it was even difficult to get into the packaging. And all that at the princely sum of £45. I feel misled too. The outer packaging and pricing are so similar to Apple products, I thought it was Apple; once I got over that (blaming myself of course), the darn thing didn't work. I didn't get mine from Amazon, but from my local i-store. They gave me a second one to try, same issues. Amazon, I couldn't seem to give 0 stars, 1 star is too much!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, November 6, 2011
Greg (DESTIN, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
This thing just doesn't work as expected. Constantly loses connection to the computer. Honestly we ended buying a wired Apple keyboard with numeric keypad. I originally bought this wireless keypad to go with an iMac that is used as a point of sale computer for a retail store. Reliability just wasn't good enough to function as a store computer. I ended up buying the wired keyboard just to have reliability. I just wish Apple sold a wireless keyboard with keypad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy!!!, June 22, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
This is great in theory, but getting it to work is both annoying and impossible at times. At first, it took me at least 20 minutes of setup only to realize I had to go through this process every time. I have only had it for a week, and so far, I would rather have a wired keyboard. I am so frustrated by this keypad! Just when I think I am in the clear, it disconnects. Now it has disappeared entirely from my Bluetooth devices, and I can't even get my Mac to recognize it at all....even after restarting, turning bluetooth off and on, running updates, etc. Don't waste your time or money. This may look nice, but it doesn't work. Go get a wired Apple keyboard if you need the keypad.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, July 8, 2011
Johan Canzanese (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
is the product does not link correctly with my macbook pro, when I can link, lasts a few minutes and falls and costs and help God to rebind that bad product, not recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars connection is horrible, October 31, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
the connection is horrible, i would not recommend the product unless you have a lot of time to waste. i would probably purchase an all-in-one unit

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails to Live Up to Apple Quality, October 9, 2011
This review is from: LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314) (Personal Computers)
I was very excited to see that I could add a keypad on to my wireless keyboard, but this product has left me frustrated and disappointed.

The Bluetooth is spotty; anytime I pair this keypad, I have to re-pair my keyboard and wireless trackpad. The overall design is lacking; it looks clunky, it's difficult to change the batteries, and the plastic leaves something to be desired.

It's not worth the cost of the device.

LMP Bluetooth Keypad (WKP-1314)
$44.95 $36.98