4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!
Published on June 10, 2005 by Cindy Bowles

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but carries cancer warning label
I ordered this wonderfully pink Crosley phone as a surprise present for my mother who has cancer. I also knew it would also fit my mother's small bedside table beautifully and she'd have a ball using it.

Published on February 14, 2010 by Huckleberry Finn

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, June 10, 2005
This review is from: Crosley CR59-PI Princess Phone with Push Button Technology (Pink) (Office Product)
I was skeptical of ordering this online - however I was pleasantly surprised when I received the phone, it is great, it is a Real Phone, not these modern plastic faux chrome phones that have no personality. This phone has plenty of personality and the ring is also authentic. The only reason I did not rate this a 5 star is that I wish the dial had a light in it - that lights up at night - my original princess phone had that and I just loved that feature but all in all - you princesses out there will love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pink princess phone, January 7, 2008
Crosley Pink Princess Phone CR59 PL

I guess the only good thing about getting older is that you can get those things you wanted so badly as a young girl but there was no extra money for such luxuries in our household. I would watch Patty Duke and the other young girls in the 60s on their phones on our black & white TV and wonder what it would be like to have one of my own. Our phone was a dial wall model in the kitchen.

This phone is heavier than todays phones, more cumbersome, no extras, but oh is it beautiful. So here I am, a 50+ disabled women in a bedroom with roses, Victorian furniture and, yep, a pink princess phone. Patty Duke's got nothing on me now!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but carries cancer warning label, February 14, 2010

Well, the phone came very nicely wrapped, but as we were excitedly unpacking and installing it in the phone socket, a sticker on the phone box caught our attention. it was a Warning label that read: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm. Further checks of the phone found it was made in China. Now whether this has anything to do with the cancer warning is anyone's guess, but this has caused great concern in our household and I dared not place it my mother's bedside let alone anywhere in the house!

A great shame that manufacturers use cancer-causing chemicals in their products that we have to bear the risk as consumers. Crosley ought to have (1) been more forthcoming in exactly what sort of chemical's present in their phones that warrants such a warning, how it causes cancer during phone usage or (2) eradicate the use of such chemicals in their production facilities entirely.

The phone's a lovely colour, the features are fine, and it's a heavy, solid phone. But and this is an elephantine BUT, it's just not worth it if it contains cancer-causing chemicals. This is the last phone I'm getting from Crosley. If anyone from Crosley's reading this, would you please let us consumers know more about this? We have our own rights and are entitled to know as consumers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love My Princess, March 10, 2006
I just wish it had the dial-pad backlight, like it's original prdecessor. But it's SOOOO nice to use a phone that actually has some heft and doesn't feel like it was made by Fisher-Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty in Pink!, November 5, 2006
It looks so beautiful in my daughter's pink room. The phone works great, and seems heavy and sturdy enough to last. I think this was a great price. I have seen it at much higher prices. I was very happy to find this at such a great price, as I was looking to buy this phone for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink princess phone, May 12, 2007
Again, the same comments as with the blue version of this phone. I love it. The color is nice and it is comfortable to use. It appears to be well made and the small size allows it to fit anywhere.A fun bit of whimsy and nostalgia since I had a princess phone back in the '60's!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the original but a good copy, November 2, 2007
Julia L. Scott "itmaven" (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
It is a nice copy of the Princess Phone. It does not have the lighted dial nor are its edges as finely rounded as the original but, those days are gone so we make do with what's left.

5.0 out of 5 stars princess phone, March 3, 2010
Ever since I was a little girl with a "play" pink princess phone, I have wanted one! When the phone in my bedroom went out and I just happened upon this one, I was ecstatic! This was my chance to have a "real" princess phone! I absolutely love it - pretty and functional! All the Crosley products I have are so well made!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product!, March 24, 2007
I bought this for my Grandmother and it is exactly what she wanted. It is heavy and durable-a really well made phone. And there are a lot of cheapy,flimsy reproductions out there. Definately worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess telephone in pink, July 6, 2007
The phone was exactly as I anticipated. An exact replica of the princess phone I had for my daughter in the 1950's. It looks as if it was a rotary dial, but indeed is pushbutton and modern techn ology. It's the best.