5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent very solid phone--we love it!
Published on June 29, 2007 by Robert C. Petersen

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels good, but defective
Just as another reviewer said, it wouldn't hang up. I plugged the cord into the phone jack and heard a continuous dial tone, regardless of the position of the cradle. Makes me worry about quality control at the factory where the phone is produced. I returned the phone and was given a prompt refund by Amazon.
Published on October 19, 2012 by Goatfarmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent very solid phone--we love it!, June 29, 2007
This review is from: Crosley CR64-BK Candlestick Phone with Push Button Technology (Black) (Office Product)
Unlike the reviewer whose phone was made of "light plastic," ours certainly is not. In fact, it weighs a hefty 55 ounces, 3 and a half pounds. It rivals the phone of my childhood in being as heavy and as solidly constructed as the original was. It also has a volume control under the base which the original did not. In short, it's not only a trip down memory lane, but a solid instrument as well--rare in these days of cheap phones. It goes beautifully with my rolltop desk and lifts my spirits as well. Modern convenience with a traditional flavor leads us to say, we love it! We think you will, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Phone, March 8, 2007
We built a new house and specifically had a place in a wall built just for this phone. It is just like my grandmother's. When I saw this phone available, I ordered it and I love it. It's not our main functioning phone, but I use it often. It is a real conversation piece for youngsters that have only experienced todays phones. It works great and I love the looks of it. The ringer even sounds like the old phones. I've wanted one like this for as long as I can remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone., February 23, 2007
I have always wanted a phone that looked like something they used on the Waltons. Now I have it. My kids think it's a kick, and we have a history lesson every time we use it. With things so high tech, it's nice to bring a little of our telephone past into my home. The sound is great, as are the redial and flash features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold The Phone!, November 8, 2007
This phone looks fantastic, the price is totally right and I, too, have no idea what one reviewer is referring to when he complains it's made of lightweight plastic. On the contrary, I was really pleased how heavy and absolutely solid and well-made this phone feels from top to bottom. I received far, far more than I expected and how often does that happen?

5.0 out of 5 stars coolest phone ever!, March 18, 2007
A Kid's Review
My mom bought me the candlestick phone and it is great. My friends love it, too. It looks really cool and the ringtone it just like my grandmas old phone. I can hear everybody really clear and they have no problem hearing me. I am very happy with this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, October 9, 2008
Good build quality, very solid. Cords are cloth covered like the originals. Earpiece feels weighty in my hand. It has controls for redial and flash hidden as a pushable center button. Tone/pulse, earpiece volume, and ringer off/on are switches under the base.

I like its retro look. Ringer is a real bell sound (pleasantly nostalgic).

I only marked it down one star because I would have preferred the sound and feel of a real, spring-loaded rotary dial, but the push-button tone dial is probably more useful for most people.

You get what you see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get me the newsroom!, September 20, 2008
This replica that sits on my bar becomes the center of attention. Most remember the old movies with reporters running out of the court room and grabbing this model of phone. It is a well built replica with the weight and feel of the original phone (I am an old guy and I remember!). The dial looks like the old rotary but is easy to access push buttons. You can hear very well because the receiver fits of over the ear. I also bought the replica Crosley pay phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars So close to the real thing...just wish it was!, October 24, 2011
I have always wanted a candlestick phone. Watching "Boardwalk Empire" on HBO and seeing these phones used in just about every scene, only heightened the urge to buy one as soon as possible.

I have looked into getting an authentic candlestick phone off of Ebay. They are very expensive, and quite frankly, I don't know how well they would actually function as a phone.

The Crosley Candlestick Phone seemed like a possible alternative, but every time I looked it over on the Internet, I felt it came across as being more of a toy than something that actually replicates the phone from the era of the 20s. The one aspect of this replica that really turned me off was its dialer. Nothing ruins that authenticity of a phone like this than seeing modern push-button dial functionality.

I would have hoped there had been several discussions at the Crowley company at how to effectively market this phone. Should they make a phone that completely replicates the original right down to the rotary dialer? Personally, that would have been my choice. However, I am certain the company felt that if they didn't bring this phone up to modern standards by implementing a push dial feature, customers would be very unhappy about its technological setbacks.

I don't agree with the inclusion of a push-button dialer. It looks absolutely silly on this phone. The fact that the number are glaringly red, doesn't help the cause either.

..but let me talk about the rewarding aspects of this phone...

It's very well built. This is a quality device despite the fact it is made out of plastic. You pick it up, it feels heavy and solid. The cradle the earpiece rests upon is very durable. The earpiece itself is very solid and and heavy, with attached cloth covered cords.

Voice quality is excellent, though the mouthpiece microphone seems to widen the soundfield to the point where it picks up a lot of background noise.

Really, sitting on your desk, this phone looks extremely authentic. One could actually mistake it for the real thing, that is, until they move their eyes down to the dialer. It just looks so completely out of place on this phone that it goes from looking completely authentic to being a mere toy.

Fortunately, the phone is a lot of fun to use, and anyone who uses it, won't mistake it for being a toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, eye cathing phone., April 19, 2008
i bought this phone for my roommate for Christmas. It is very heavy and feels solid and well made. It is no an everyday phone since it is best held when used. It works well and sounds good while talking on it. People on the other end say it sounds like a regular corded phone. I like this phone and its style factor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Phone, December 23, 2008
This phone is as authentic as a replica can be; even down to the mechanical ringing bells. Very solidly constructed & works well. Totally love it!

Because if its weight & requires two hands to use, not too practical for lengthy phone calls though.