4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty Device
I searched around for one of these all-in-one entertainment
units and chose this one because it recorded with
the use of a jump drive inserted into a slot in the front.
It was very easy to use. Simply insert the jump drive,
hit "Record", and start playing the album. Worked like a charm.
From there, you can just upload the mp3 onto your computer...
Published on December 8, 2009 by LMG

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound, good features, poor/thoughtless design.
Pros:
-fairly compact unit great for small rooms
-very good balanced sound considering built in speakers and size of unit
-plays all current media
-digital tuner (yes I'm fishing for pros)

Cons:
-tiny font on buttons very hard to read
-button placement is disorganized, not intuitive
-lacks standard layout and logos used on...
Published on December 8, 2010 by Quickship

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty Device, December 8, 2009
This review is from: Crosley CR7002A-PA Troubadour 3-Speed Turntable with USB/SD Card Reader to Transfer Albums to Memory Card (Paprika) (Electronics)
I searched around for one of these all-in-one entertainment
units and chose this one because it recorded with
the use of a jump drive inserted into a slot in the front.
It was very easy to use. Simply insert the jump drive,
hit "Record", and start playing the album. Worked like a charm.
From there, you can just upload the mp3 onto your computer and
burn it to CD or do whatever you like with it.

The unit looks very nice. (I bought the oak one rather than
paprika). The sound is not particulary powerful, but it's clear
and sufficient enough for casual listening. If I ever want to
crank it up, it does have external speaker outputs in the back.

The one negative aspect is the fact that the record player arm
does not return to its starting position when the album is done
playing. The album stops spinning when it reaches the end, but
the arm just stays sitting on the album. However, that's no big
deal since, once the album's done playing, I want to put it back
into the sleeve.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, December 23, 2009
L. Taylor "OnlineShopper" (Lansdale, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
I researched so many products for copying my records and tapes. This unit did it all at a reasonable price. It's not recording studio quality, but old albums, 45's, even 78's played just fine. I was happy to copy my cassettes and listen to cd's or record to them. The USB and SD feature is great. I can plug in my MP3 player and listen to music for hours. It has a cute design, and I love the timer feature as well. The arm on the phono player doesnt stop at the end of the record though. But I'm very happy with this radio so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound, good features, poor/thoughtless design., December 8, 2010
Pros:
-fairly compact unit great for small rooms
-very good balanced sound considering built in speakers and size of unit
-plays all current media
-digital tuner (yes I'm fishing for pros)

Cons:
-tiny font on buttons very hard to read
-button placement is disorganized, not intuitive
-lacks standard layout and logos used on almost all CD and Cassette players (ie. 'square' for STOP, 'triangle' for PLAY, 'double triangle' for REWIND or FAST FORWARD etc.)
-cassette insert to right rear of unit, thus nothing can be placed next to the unit
-display washes out easily when viewed from the side (my display was blue, I notice the product image has an amber display which may/may not have the same problems)

If all you really want is a unit to play your records. There are many turntables that also encode MP3 (will convert your records to MP3) for around $80, they can be attached easily to your current stereo or a modern shelf system with better features and design via RCA inputs. Or atleast try this oneVictoria GDI-TW3USB 7-in-One Stereo Entertainment Center with Built-In Download to USB/PC or Mac with the cassette player up front and more organized button placement. I hope this review saves many people money and eyestrain.

NOTE: This will not convert your records to CDs (nor did I expect it to. I apologize for the idiot that tagged this product "turntable cd recorder"). It will convert your records to mp3s stored it on either a USB flash drive or SD card, which you can use to burn onto a CD using your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 12, 2010
katcoo (Poughkeepsie, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Sound quality is great for me - For in one room. Can attach more speakers for bigger areas.
Plays LPs, cassettes, CDs and the radio all well.
Recorded a CD onto a USB drive, and plugged it into my computer. It does record the LP as one continuous song, but with sme kind of sound software like Audacity that can be fixed. Then if you want you can burn it to a CD.
There is a version of the Crosley that wil burn directly to CD, but I wanted to be able to convert the tracks which takes a little longer, but then it is done correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Record Player, May 15, 2010
Pretty good record player. Of course you are not going to get the sound of a big system, but it is good for me. I live in a apartment and the sound will not bother the neighbors, like a big sound system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine, January 7, 2011
Deborah (Arlington, KY, United States) - See all my reviews
My machine arrived packed in a box, inside a box, inside yet another box, so it was well protected. The finish is beautiful & it seems well put together. I was a little worried after reading a few bad reviews. I have found nothing wrong with it so far. The lid has a locking arm so that it stays up. The turntable stops after the record is finished. The sound is good. There is a kind of humming noise when recording but it doesn't effect the recording quality. I couldn't use a 4gb stick on mine, had to drop down to a 2gb, 2gb SD cards work fine, I don't know if it will record on anything bigger. Don't know if the cassett works because I don't have any to play in it. I like that it isn't connected directly to the computer because this is a beautiful player that you want out where people can see it, not cramed into the space by the computer. The only thing I don't like is that it has a credit card sized remote. Some people may find this to be a plus, but I have trouble finding the huge dvr remote so this thing will stay inside the player. All in all it is a great player/recorder.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crossley Troubadour Falls Short in Size of Disks Playable, December 29, 2011
I found the Crossley 3-speed player as advertised in all but one salient feature: the turntable area is so small (between the actual turntable and the mounting of the cartridge arm) that it cannot play a 33 1/3 record larger than the 10-inch disks sold very early in the history of this vinyl record type.

Therefore, with the exception of a few of my LPs pressed in the early 1950s, the rest of my 33 1/3 disks cannot be played or downloaded as mp3s.

I was quite disappointed, as I had hoped to convert my LPs so that I could enjoy them away from my home stereo. I didn't see any warning pointing out this limitation of the player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crosley Troubadour Radio, December 31, 2011
I had already returned another brand of radio with a turntable and was very pleased with the sound and quality of this one.
It had a digital tuner which I wanted and you can preset your favorite stations which is a plus. The sound when I play both
CD's and LP's is very good from the speakers on the unit or you can hook up external speakers. Overall I am very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with it., February 14, 2014
Justin "JRADIOMANP" (Carneys Point, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
One of the best purchases I ever made. Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole and Johnny Mathis never sounded better on CD & The Beatles, Elton John, Billy Joel, and Pink Floyd never sounded better on cassette. I hooked up 4 external speakers. I didn't want to give up my cassette collection and now I don't have to. Plus, I can now transfer my cassettes onto CD if I want to after I transfer the music onto a flash drive. That much said, the display and the names of the different functions on the front STINKS. I can barely see it after twisting my head 30 different ways. Whoever designed that should get a job at McDonald's. Still, the trade off is worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars The sound is so-so and the records, while being ..., July 12, 2014
The sound is so-so and the records, while being played, apparently rub on part of the turntable, making a "screeching" sound. This occurs particularly with older heavier 33's. The problem is that the turntable bed wobbles, allowing this interference to occur.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›