Facts: Relatively new to the vinyl scene. Have never purchased a new needle prior to this one. Competent enough to be able to read about vinyl and/or needles and learn about them.
With that out of the way, this needle works. Easy to install and no problems with destruction during delivery. However, at points within the first 20% of every record I play under this needle, the record skips. Perhaps my records are dusty or scratched. Or I simply need to break my new needle in. All I know is that it's annoying and the original did not have this problem. The other 80% of the record is fine.
If Crosley needles are not proprietary I would be happy if someone would let me know, until then, here's to hoping this problem fixes itself.
We received the replacement needle, but the plastic portion that clips onto the front of the arm was not fully formed, so it wouldn't attach to our record player (Crosley) incredibly disappointed. It was a waste of time and money.
It was nearly identical to the one that came with my crosley player, but after it didn't "conveniently snap on" I compared it side by side to my original and the replacement was just barely longer and the lip that held it on the arm was just barely shorter so it didn't fit. Tried to improvise to make it work but the front wouldn't stay on. Don't really mind because it was really cheap and turns out my original needle wasn't chipped so I just went back to it. It did ship fast though.
This "needle" is barely passable as an audio stylus. Get the real one. This thing is a tiny little nub of steel (maybe) on the end of cheap, hair-thin rubbery plastic. It is complete crap. I fitted it to my turntable arm, and the stupid "needle" wasn't even tall enough to keep the arm from scraping on the record. Worthless. Get the more expensive one.
heads up, you should know what needle you're looking for when you are trying to replace one for your record player. never hurts to do a little research. this was perfect, works just great and i'm perfectly happy with it!