Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Color: Brushed Chrome|Change

on November 19, 2010
I really like the retro look of this phone, and everything on it works just fine. My only problem is the cord. It's too short, and cannot be changed. I didn't realize the cord was hardwired into the handset. I had purchased a long cord along with this order, only to discover I can't use it with this set. I don't think Amazon should have offered it as an option to purchase with this item.
44 comments|217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2008
This phone was purchased for my wife to go in our vintage inspired red kitchen. It is perfect. As noted in other reviews, the handset is fairly heavy. If I were rating this phone for every possible negative I would also note that there is this annoying tether that connects the handset to the wall. However, this is not a big negative because we already have a set of cordless phones for use around the house. They are used for long conversations as we can take them into the room with the sofa and lay around conversing for hours while our servants fan us and feed us grapes.

This phone is first, a decorative item. As such, it does an amazing job. Every time my wife looks at it on the wall she kisses me and says, "I love my red phone!" Second, this is a telephone. It gets an amazingly clear signal. There is no static whatsoever. I'm told this relates to the annoying tether I mentioned earlier. Another nice thing about the tether is that because of it, I always know where this phone is. Unlike the cordless phones which may or may not be returned to their cradles after use, this phone is always returned to the same place.

In summary, if you are expecting something cordless and portable, this phone is not for you. If you are looking for a corded wall phone with a vintage look and a colorful twist, you will not be disappointed.
1515 comments|335 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2007
Since the day I hung this beautiful phone on the wall I've being dealing with a HuMMMMMM sound on the line.
I tried taking the phone to another house but still I have the HUMMMMM sound.
Consider your buy because I've had a bad experience with mine.
I even call the telephone company and they came to my house in order to check the line, and told me the problem as on the phone.
1010 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2007
I bought this for style (because it is in a very visible spot) and function, since it is good to have one corded phone in the house. I love the look and heft of the phone. The cord is long and I find the ring amply loud. It even has that classic, metallic ring that I remember from old phones. The buttons are arranged in a circle, to resemble an old rotary dial, but I don't consider this a problem. The only thing that would improve it is to have a handset cord in grey or silver, which would go better with a chrome phone.
on December 12, 2006
Broke 3 times withon one year (dial pad just stopped working). Cust service refused to replace at all, unless shipping was paid both ways by me. Pretty shabby considering all 3 phones that broke were at my expense.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
Dear concerned.
We purchased crosley 302 red wall phone along with 12 foot extra cord which was for sale on same page. At check
out it stated most people ordered that to go with phone. We received both items but cord will not work because
short cord on receiver is permanently affixed. Phone works fine just have to use short receiver cord.
Thanks
on June 22, 2011
We've had this phone for about two years now.

It worked well until about two months ago, when we noticed a pronounced hum/buzz when using this phone. When using the other house phones, the hum/buzz is not present. Seems like an uncomplicated thing like a phone should last for life... like the real phones of yesteryear did.

One other thing to consider: this is not a rotary dial phone. It has a circular array of push buttons for number entry. It's not a bad thing, just not what you might expect in a retro phone, and the product photo doesn't reveal this fact too well.

Oh, one other thing: The cord is not replaceable as is the case with most "modern" corded phones. In this phone, the cord is a part of the handset; there is no disconnect for it.

One last thing: the "redial" function on the phone has not worked since we received it. It didn't annoy me enough to return it, but thought I'd include the information here.
on December 18, 2006
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the quality of this very beautiful phone. It's a bit heavy, which I liked, and the chrome phone looks very classy on the kitchen wall. The only drawback is the low ring, doesn't seem to ring any louder. Since we are on a farm, I need to me able to hear it from outside. Otherwise, it's a good buy and Amazon offers it at a much lower price than at other online stores.
on February 18, 2012
Like many who live in older homes, I have an old AT&T wall plate in the kitchen that's not near an electrical outlet. The only way to cover it is with a corded phone. I got tired of the old, beige early 90's thing I had hanging there and searched for something cool that fit my decor, without being overly cutesy.

The red phone is actually a nice dark cranberry color (my father tells me the color was all the rage circa 1959) and it provides a pretty punch of color to the wall. Unlike some reviewers, the sound on mine is perfectly clear, the bell tone (set it to low) sounds just like the rings of old, and while not quite as heavy as the phones I remember from childhood, it's a pretty solid piece.

It's truly retro in that there are no frills (aside from redial and flash) such as backlighting or caller ID, but my modern living room phone's ring tones tell me who is calling. As far as function goes, this phone is for answering when I'm in the kitchen and calling the electric company when the power goes out. But it's very pretty, well priced, and sure to be a conversation piece.

*Beware: Ignore the accessories Amazon associates with this. You cannot replace the cord with a longer one. It's molded to the phone.
on June 26, 2011
Loved the phone the minute I saw it. It was perfect for my new kitchen... but my calls kept getting cut off. I contacted the mfg several times for a replacement receiver and never got a return email or call. I proceeded to contact Amazon and they issued me a 1 time exception return because the mfg has not gotten back to me. I'm now looking for the same retro look but from another company.