4.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this for a Benjamin 392. I don't ...
Published 4 months ago by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars works ok but...........
works ok but you have to grind the bottom to lower it first if used with benjamin sheridan 392/397.. if not it will group high.

Funciona bien pero primero hay que limar el fondo pues queda muy alta para usarse con rifles benjamin sheridam 392/397. Si se deja como viene agrupa muy arriba.
Published on November 16, 2009 by Ignacio ir

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars works ok but..........., November 16, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this for a Benjamin 392. I don't ..., September 14, 2014
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
I purchased this for a Benjamin 392. I don't know how Williams did this, but they manufactured the sideplate opposite as shown in the photograph. In other words, the large side screw with the silver ring around it, which is the elevation control, is on the left side instead of the right side as shown, and the single witness mark is on the right side on the bottom instead of the left top so only 1/4 of the 20 witness marks are able to line up with the single one. Mounted with no problem, sighted it in for windage and elevation by aligning it with the factory rear sight which happened to be at the bottom-most elevation setting. I thought I read somewhere that the front sight had to be either higher or lower to make this sight work, but I didn't find that to be true at all. I drifted the factory rear sight off with a brass punch and brass hammer. Fired four shots at 20 yards unsupported and they were centered within about 1-3/4" with no other adjustment. That was with me wobbling around, it would be tighter groups for sure if I had a rest, but that's all the accuracy I need. I can estimate drop after that so I won't need to adjust this. Much easier to see and align with the target using the peep sight over the factory one. I would give this five stars if it wasn't for Williams manufacturing incompetence as mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossman Williams peep Sight, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
Fast delivery. Arrived safely. Good quality. Peep installed easily and directly onto my Benjamin C9. The peep is far superior to the the factory open-notched sight. The peep was adjusted, aligned and zeroed-in by the tenth shot!

3.0 out of 5 stars and only after I had a few stern words in reply to the e-mail from the seller a few days ago asking me how I liked it. Well, November 23, 2014
Jay Moreno says:

No, it is definitely NOT "Okay" but I had to give it 3 stars to get published.

Something here simply does not compute. I ordered this sight on August third, within days of taking delivery of my Crosman Benjamin 392. It did not arrive until today, 11/22. and only after I had a few stern words in reply to the e-mail from the seller a few days ago asking me how I liked it.

Well, sure enough, the pre-tapped holes on the right side of my 392 match up perfectly with the holes in the sight mounting, if you turn it upside down so that the aperture is backwards.

In order to mount it , I would have to clamp that part of the sight into a vice and take a grinder to it. I would have to grind off 15/32 of an inch on the two protusions, one beneath each of the two screw holes on the ends.

Some reviewers say they have no problems. Others cite this same problem - having to grind it to make it fit.

There is not enough room on the rifle for the holes tapped into the rifle to be too low.

The only possible answer that comes to mind is that there are different models of this sight and some of us are receiving the wrong model.

The plastic "safe" mine arrived in has a label with a bar code and the words "XOOOHEUBH7 New- Crosman Williams Peep Sight." Even worse, I just found the cardborad insert that came inside of it. What they sent me was a model 5D-SH. That is listed on the back of the card as being "5D-SH - for Sheridan Blue Streak and Silver Streak Air Rifles." There are descriptions of 6 other sights in the "%D series. NOT ONE is listed as fitting a Crosman-Benjamin Model 392. God only knows how many of us have been sent the wrong damned sight!

I'll be copying the seller, one Don Monfet, the owner of BigTProducts, at support@bigtproducts.com to solve this mystery and either get the right model or a refund.

Jay Moreno
St. Marys , GA

P.S, I have gone to the website of the manufacturer and find no sight listed as being a fit for a Crosman-Benjamin 392 air rifle. However, the one in the photo on the Amazon site looks like it would fit perfectly. Does anyone who got one that fit a 392 perfectly without modification know the model number of the sight they received?

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable but dissapointing, September 15, 2010
I didn't have to file the base of mine to make it fit, but I have heard of this limitation from dozens of other airgunners.

My particular problem was with the adjustment range of the azimuth (left-to-right) setting. There is roughly 1/4 of an inch of adjustable range, which should be plenty, but when this sight is mounted to the right side of the receiver (the only attachment option) the centerline of the sight baseblock is offset 1/4" left. That means to zero, I had to adjust the aperture 1/4" right, which is the whole range. Now I won't be able to add right if I need to in the future.

For now, I'm zeroed, and so I guess I have to admit that the sight functions. But it is disappointing that I can't adjust it in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars You got to have this..., July 12, 2014
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
This is a great sight for the Benjamin 397 PA. I am sure that it will fit others. One will have to take the back sight off. I could have left it on there and used it, but I am training kids to shoot with this before going to the range. Would I buy it again...YES. No tapping for mounting at all. Make sure the you use Loctite blue to secure the mounting screws and I plan on using Loctite for the final adjustment. Expensive, yes,,,,but it is worth it. All metal construction. (well made, will last a lifetime)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. The sight cannot be adjusted low enough to ..., July 26, 2014
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
Very disappointed. The sight cannot be adjusted low enough to sight in the rifle. The site has the appearance of a high-quality item, but in reality it is very poorly thought out. You can disregard this review and buy it anyway, but when you get it you're going to find your point of impact to be way too high and there is nothing that you can do about it except to try to grind down the mechanism to make it sit lower. Good luck with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars This peep site works great! I ran into the clearance/fit issue reported by ..., July 27, 2014
Roger E. Martin (Yamhill, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
This peep site works great! I ran into the clearance/fit issue reported by many other reviewers. The installation instructions recommend extending the front site when this happens. I fashioned a 1/8" extension from a pre-1982 penny using a vise, hacksaw and files. The shape is similar to an upside-down "J," so there is support from the front and the top of the existing brass site. I removed some of the paint from the front site and wrapped the bottom with a wet rag. Using flux, plumber's solder and a small propane torch, I quickly tinned the brass site. I also tinned the "J" copper extension. The most difficult part of this modification was soldering the extension to the top and front of the existing site. I used a small vice-grip and duct tape to hold the extension in position while I soldered it. Extending the front site rather than grinding the rear site allows you to adjust the site as it was designed, and gives you more "cheek" room.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better have a grinder!!!, December 22, 2014
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
I have a newer Benjamin 392 (.22 cal) rifle. I like the sight, but needed to file down both the sight as well as the front sight on the rifle (about 2 mm) to get the shot groups to raise up to where they are supposed to be. The sight is now awesome, but it did require some fabrication. I have a grinder and metal file and some know-how, so it worked out okay. However, do not buy this sight if you do not want to do the aforementioned steps to make it work. I would rate it a "5" if I didn't have to permanently alter the sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, January 16, 2015
This review is from: Crosman Williams® Peep Sight. (Sports)
I must say I hated it at first, it looked awkward at first and I had to take about a half a mm off one of the mounting screws since it rubbed on the bolt, but I really like it now. The 392 sort of reminds of a M1 Garand and more so now with a peep sight. At 60 years old I had eye problems using the stock sight but this really helps and I can get more of what the gun is capable of with much faster target acquisition than with a scope.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Crosman Williams® Peep Sight.
$49.99 $39.95