5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, its hard to beat the Titan GP Nitro Piston
Published on November 20, 2011 by Serrell Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Rifle
Good pellet rifle. Does what I got it for
Published 25 days ago by Michael Dobry

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, its hard to beat the Titan GP Nitro Piston, November 20, 2011
This review is from: Benjamin Titan GP Nitro Piston Air Rifle air rifle (Sports)
I have been looking for a break barrel pellet rifle for a while. My dad bought a Ruger Air Hawk in .177 and its had some things that I wasn't really thrilled with. The things I didn't care for with the Air Hawk is its loud for a pellet rifle and it also has more recoil than I was expecting. I happened to see the Titan GP Nitro Piston and liked the 22 caliber over the 177. Bought the Titan and it has been a joy to shoot. I sighted in for around 20 yards. The scope seems to be decent. Hard to complain when I can consistently shoot bullseyes. The Titan is quite for a break barrel. It is about the same as a standard pellet rifle. Maybe a little more but it certainly isn't an issue. I also like the safety on the Titan over the others I have seen. Its in front of the trigger. You flip the little lever forward and your ready to shoot. The Ruger my dad bought has a safety that has to be pulled out(looks like a plunger in the back of the chamber), can't really disengage the safety without taking your hand off the stock. Its hard to explain because I have never seen a safety like that one before. Power wise, the Titan has plenty of power. I shot at a piece of 3/4 inch flooring and the pellet went more than half way thru. Best I could determine after cutting the material away the back end of the pellet was more than half way thru, so it came close to full penetration. This was just with a standard lead hollow point hunting pellet. Gonna get me some non lead high velocity pellets and try them out. The FPS rating on the box is 950 using the high velocity pellets. Using regular pellets it comes in at 800. Personally, if you can't get it done with a standard pellet at 800 FPS (assuming the equipment is not malfunctioning) then the issue stops being the equipment and the user is at fault. It has plenty of power for hunting and more than enough for target practice. One of the things I wasn't sure about when I bought the gun was the thumb cutout in the stock. Every rifle I own is a standard style stock. Well, after shooting it a few times I really like the stock. It feels more comfortable which I would guess helps with accuracy. The positioning of the hand just feels natural. This probably also reduces fatigue on your wrist and hand. I love it and would not hesitate to buy it again if something happened to mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Benjamin .22 titan is a nail driver., January 24, 2013
Tony Bowers (MOBILE, AL, US) - See all my reviews
I have been shooting this gun all afternoon and it works like a champ right out of the box. The groupings are very tight at 30 yards. A lot of people don't like the scope. It's ok, I dialed it in after 20 shots or so. There is definitely a break in period. I can't think of anything I don't like about the gun. Very powerful, accurate, and fine for small game and plinking. I am enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent airgun, March 19, 2012
I bought this one almost 2 months ago for hunting small game and getting rid of pest pigeons that keep roosting on my roof. So far I've bagged 2 rabbits, 4 pigeons and a mourning dove, so there's got to be something good to it.
One of the things I like most about it is how quiet it is compared to other airguns, yet it doesn't sacrifice power, in fact it has plenty of power. I've popped several pigeons off my roof early in the morning (that's usually when I can get a shot at them) and I haven't had any complaints from neighbors. My wife being inside the house hasn't even noticed it until I told her, and she has good hearing. That's not to say it is completely quiet, but not bad compared to a lot of other guns in its class.

I've shot hundreds of pellets at cans, bottles and targets with pretty good results overall, yet as far as accuracy I'm not totally pleased yet. I have some more work to do to get it to be real accurate at more than 20 yards or so. The first time I installed the scope, I kinda messed up and I installed it with the wrong "turret" pointing up, then tried to zero in the scope and totally messed it up in the process. I ended up having to take it off and install it properly and by that time zeroing it was a huge pain because I had gotten it so far off. It was actually not too bad as it came from the box.
At 10-15 yards it is dead accurate, when moving to 20 yards or more, it seems to lose more accuracy than I'd like. Part of the problem is that the trigger is the weak spot of this gun, which is ok, since it can be replaced with a great trigger fairly easily an not too expensivelly (google GRT-III). The scope that comes with it is ok, but it's another part that I definitely plan to replace with a much better one since I need more magnification to get a more accurate shot placement.
Things I like about the gun: solid build, doesn't feel like a toy, fairly powerful, beautiful and practical design, quiet, I love the safety lever design, easy to operate without looking away from scope. Areas lacking are long range accuracy, trigger (big part of the accuracy puzzle) and the scope is ok but not great. you must squeeze the trigger carefully without jerking the gun. that helps with accuracy. Overall I'm pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rifle, September 28, 2012
This rifle has plenty of power. I had to use some locktite on the screws for the scope, now they stay tight. Shoots a very close pattern. Very happy wjth this choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Rifle for the money!, July 9, 2013
Great beginner-advanced rifle. Good quality, nice stock and it shoots! I have had mine for about 3 months now and I can tell you the modifications you should make in order to get great performance.

1. Clean your barrel well the first time you get it and keep it clean
2. GRT-III trigger kit for around $32 from [...]
3. Quality air gun scope
4. Try as many DIFFERENT pellet types, and manufactures that you can. (JSB - Exact Diablo Heavy worked great for me .75inch group @25yds)

Good luck with your rifle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Have had the Titan GP for over a year..., October 27, 2013
I've had this pellet rifle for over a year and I have to say that it's pretty solid. I had a squirrel problem. Now I do not. Once I adjusted the sight, I have not had to readjust it again. The gas piston is pretty quiet so I am not drawing too much attention from the neighbors while plinking, and I have hit targets in trees from 25 yards away dropping them cleanly (other reviewers don't like the sight...I think it's fine). The GP is great in cold weather keeping the fps strong, and the only issue I've had was a strange misfire a few weeks ago where I pulled the trigger and it jammed for a second, then fired. Hasn't done it since that one instance.

So if you have squirrels chewing holes in your home, crawling through your walls and threatening your family's lives by possibly starting an electrical fire... This rifle is powerful, accurate, and the break barrel reloads quickly. I highly recommend this rifle based off a good amount of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Rifle JUNK SCOPE!, October 26, 2012
I purchased this Rifle from another source, BUT! The Rifle is a nice piece,The Scope is JUNK! WHY waste this rifle with the piece of JUNK for a scope! You can't adjust this thing no matter how hard you turn the screws! Just throw it in the trash and buy a decent scope!

5.0 out of 5 stars great gun, April 15, 2013
originally bought a gamo bone collector bull whisper. could not get it group period. Exchanged it for the titan np and I am getting 3/4" 5 shoot groups at 30 yards (with an aftermarket scope). Also even though this gun is supposed to be less fps then the gamo it is more powerful. Very happy with the purchase i would recommend a new scope though

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rifle at a great price, January 22, 2013
I agonized over which rifle to order for a week , very unlike me..... but I definately made the right choice... the gun performance4 is excellent, scope requires a bit of time and patience to get right but worth the time and nergy........
Highly recommended, functions like the $250 model.... save your money and get this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Accuracy SUPERB after I Put a real rail adapter mount on it., March 31, 2014
Craig R (Detroit, Mi United States) - See all my reviews
Had this pellet air gun about a month, and I like it.

Many people, including myself, had trouble with "bad accuracy",,it's because of 2 things that are easy to fix.

Number ONE,,is the Air-gun scope rail grooves,, 11mm,, and the scope rings will NOT hold tight enough to prevent the scope from sliding on the gun.
SPEND the $14 to buy an ADAPTER rail (from 11mm to Weaver/Picatinny, REAL rifle size), and then you can use REAL scope rings.

Number TWO,, is the TERRIBLE trigger pull,, goto youtube, watch how to put a couple of washers onto the trigger sear pin, and your trigger will be VERY decent. No more LONG, terrible, grungy creep. I had some right sized washers in my tool box,, this modification cost me only about 10 minutes time and NO money.

NOW my gun Shoots GREAT,, superb accuracy, AND the scope HOLDS ZERO all the time. NO scope problems with the adapter rail and real rifle scope rings!

Those low priced scope rail adapters can take the beating of a 30-06 or bigger,, so this is a very good, and very cheap fix to all the complaints about "bad scope syndrome".

It does take some big effort to "cock the barrel" 31 pounds to pull it. but it gets a bit easier after you've put more shots thru it. For come children, women, or men with arthritis, it can be too much, and the more expensive model (with higher velocity, takes 47 pounds to pull it.) I'm 60, no health problems, but my arm gets tired and sore after about 30 rounds.

It shoots more quietly than I thought it would. VERY accurate (but keep in mind that your first 100-500 shots will be less accurate than the later shots (normal break-in).

With the Weaver rail adapter and medium base rings, there is enough space for 60mm or perhaps 70mm fat scope on it. My scope has a 42mm lens, and have at least 10 mm gap before it would touch the barrel. With this combo, my scope "line of sight" is 2" above the bore. Low base rings, might reduce this to 1.5"?

As other people say,, the trigger pull is BAD,, TOO much travel. Did I mention the trigger pull is Krapp? (on Youtube, they show how you open up the gun,, and put some little "washer" onto some specific place and the trigger pull becomes very nice.. and the price of the modification is FREE if you've got a box full of screws and washers to pick the right size for the job.)

Filled an old anti freeze jug with water, set it out to 50-55 yards,,and hit it,, and the pellets (the 14.3 grain Crosman Premier Hollow points) went thru BOTH sides of the Water-Filled anti-freeze jug, this is good enough for raccoons.
I imagine a thin MILK jug will give a good indication of the maximum range for squirrels, birds, rats, and perhaps even a rabbit, etc.

The most accurate pellets (on the Youtube tests) is the Crossman / Benjamin Hollow point 14.3 grain pellets. (The Benjamins (also made by Crossman) are coated with dark GRAPHITE lube... gets you dirty,,but probably helps the barrel, etc. I prefer the Crosman "cleaner pellets" and put a blob of DuraLube motor oil in the can, lubes the pellets, lubes and protects the barrel.

For MAXIMUM accuracy,, take all your (other brand, LOOSE fitting) pellets (for target shooting) and press a BB into the bottom-skirt,, (then remove the BB).. this is to give EVERY PELLET,, the SAME skirt-expansion so they all fit with the same amount of "snugness" into the loading breach... and you'll have CONSISTANT shots.
The cause of most "inacuracies",, is "tight pellets" vs. "Loose Pellets".

As per Youtube, I tried super-glueing a BB into the skirt bottoms of a few pellets,,but that prevented my Crosman-Banjamin Premium hollow point 14.3grain pellets from going into the breach.. I could NOT load them. Perhaps some LOOSE fitting pellets can use this trick?

I found the Crosman Premier hollow points were already the exact right diameter size for the breach, just a bit snug fit, no sloppy ones yet, half way thru my 500 count can, super good accuracy.

NEVER DRY fire it,, you can damage the system.

Crosman BW8M22NP Benjamin Titan