5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER CLEAR PAST 100 YARDS!!
DO NOT be discouraged to by a Centerpoint scope after using the one that comes on most benjamin/crossman air rifles. That scope is good enough, but blurry after 40 yards or so.

THIS Centerpoint scope though is amazing. YOU CANNOT beat it for the price. it has all the features of a high end scope without the high end price. I was expecting it to be somewhat...
Published 16 months ago by jeffharper47

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Features
Unfortunately this thing did not hold up to my .25 Hatsan Mod. 125 air rifle.

It only took about 20 shots before this thing had cross hairs bouncing all over the place.

On a .22 it would be great! This thing has alot of features packed into a very affordable scope. Well worth $150
Published 6 months ago by gary

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money it was worth it, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Crosman CPA416AORG2 Centerpoint 4-16x40mm Riflescope (Sports)
I chose between the gamo 4-9x30 scope but I decided to get a centerpoint scope because it is clear the clearest between the 2 . I prefer this scope better than any other scope .im going to put it on my gamo bone collector bull whisper .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile scope for my Marlin 795, March 6, 2013
Great value for the money. I love the power adjustment 4-16 for target shooting and viewing the results. I also love the adjustable distance settings. The optics are very bright and has red and green illumination for low light. Much more versatile than my Nikon. The flip up lens caps are great protection carrying in wooded areas. It was a breeze sighting in my Marlin 795 with this scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and good quality, March 19, 2013
I own another two of these Centerpoint scopes, both 3-9X32 on .22 rifles. The 4-16X40 also turned to be a very nice scope for the money. Turrets are smooth, solid and with a very precise click adjustment. Lenses are very clear and, to my concern, as good as any of the Bushnell Elite ones but paying way less! Good scope, well constructed, and very attractive too. Flip caps and scope rings are a bonus!

2.0 out of 5 stars I WISH THAT I COULD RAVE ABOUT THIS SCOPE, October 5, 2014
What can I say, the features are phenomenal for the money, but good luck getting your zero to hold on an air rifle! I tried this on my Bone Collector .177 and just could get a zero at 20 yds. I ended up putting the cheap fixed power scope that came with the rifle back on and was able to get far more decent results. I'll try it on a 22LR, and if it doesn't work I'll be looking at a less expensive Simmons or BSA Sweet 22 -it's kind of like a beauty with a poor moral center - not worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airgun Scope-The best choice at this price range, April 20, 2013
Have a Gamo Bone Collector IGT Bull Whisper.
First tried BSA Essential 3-9x40 Scope. Could not hold zero. Moved/shifted zero all the time. One day difference the other day. Every time difference. Frustrated!
Second tried UTG/Leaper, it was said the best by some reviewers. Not really true! One has many "dots" inside the lens, and the other range ring (Objective Lens Adjustment Ring) fell off after a couple of rounds. Frustrated again!
By far this is the best: Better quality than both BSA & UTG. More solid looking. Hold zero!!! No more worry the zero shifting. A couple of hundred rounds now, still good. Time will tell...Best so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Abundant features are useless if the scope cannot hold zero., July 21, 2014
Sure, the scope has lighted cross hairs, a nice zoom range, and is fairly solid; but it's all a moot point when it cannot hold zero on something as small as a Marlin M60 .22 rimfire. I have used many optics and dot sights and this one is just another product from centerpoint that is all flash (also owned a dot sight for my 12 gauge that would not hold zero either). Think I will stick to Bushnell from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars CENTERPOINT 4-16x40 AO, IR AIRGUN SCOPE, June 20, 2014
As with everything I buy, I read all the reviews on every site I could find. And as usual, the reviews range from '5 star Phenomenal!' to '1 star JUNK!'...so I bought it! lol

After installing it on my Beeman springer, I spent the remainder of the day with it. I'm guessing 300+ shots. It zeroed very easily at 20yds. Out of the box, it was a little high, but the windage was very close to correct. I had to tweak it ever-so slightly for 30yds, but that just seemed to tighten it up even more at 20.

I didn't get the opportunity to actually try out the illumination in dim 'dusk' lighting, but I'm confident it will serve the purpose well. MANY times with my old scope I've wished I could light up the reticule in those conditions.

This scope is huge, especially when you're accustomed to a stock 4x32. I mounted it with a droop comp Dovetail/Weaver converter and the supplied rings. It hasn't budged after 300+ shots. Bright, clear sight picture, the mildot reticule is sharp and crisp and the AO works very well. (A lizard was kind enough to pose for me on top of the 30yd backstop...BLAP!...and POOF he was gone! I found what was left of him and it was a solid neck shot. Apologies to lizard lovers...but, I promise, he never felt a thing.)

As with any magnifying scope, it not only magnifies the target, it magnifies your every move, including heartbeat! It lets you know just how much wiggle there actually is in your hold!

As for the zero locking turrets, the instructions are very vague...actually, they barely even mention it! After tinkering with it and almost losing one of the microscopic set screws, however, I figured it out.

Anyway, so far so good...if it gets squirrely on me, I'll update this review, but for now on my home range it's a 5 star winner at 20 and 30 yds. (I'll be moving the bench back to 45yds tomorrow to stretch the scope out a little more. Might even get to utilize the mildots for 'pellet drop' at that range (15gr .22 lead). I'm sure it will do the job...so again, no news is good news.)

UPDATE AUG 5, 2014 -- Just returned the scope to Crosman/Centerpoint for a replacement. The rheostat which controls the IR had vibrated loose and become very floppy, undoubtedly due to the Beeman's recoil. I'll find out how their customer service is in a week or so and update again then. (Added $18 to the cost for postage to and from the mfgr.)

UPDATE OCT 3, 2014 -- After returning the scope to Centerpoint, they returned a new scope in a timely manner. The illumination knob on the new scope remains tight after several hundred shots, but now, the elevation turret has vibrated loose! Fortunately, I was able to fashion a tool (from a paperclip!) to tighten the unique screws atop the turret. Otherwise, no issues and again, the turn-around from CP was acceptable; about 10 days. Happy shootin!

4.0 out of 5 stars I happy with it now, for .308 Savage, May 23, 2014
This first one I bought was a complete POS, I purchased this from walmart for 69.99. I returned it and gave it a second chance. Its perfect now! Comes with mil-dot, Blue/black/Green reticle, flip up covers, turret system 15-200 and infinity parallax, and nice ring mounts. The turrets work perfect, if you have it zeroed and adjust it all the way up or down, then returned it to where it was originally zeroed, its still dead on!

One of the other problems I had besides having to return a bad scope, was the fact the parallax adjustment is at the end of the scope. So if you have to change the parallax you will either have to take off the flip up cover or just deal with the cover being rotated side ways. As of right now the sight can withstand the force of a .308 without losing zero. Ive only put 40 rounds throught it so far. Supposedly it can handle up to a .41 cal.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet scope, May 21, 2014
Awesome scope, was concerned with slappin it on my M4, but 500 rds & IM still dropping coyotes @ 400yds +. No adjustments, no bs. Nice scope for the $, u won't be disappointed. It would be nice if it weighed less, but you can't have it all

4.0 out of 5 stars bought it used, May 20, 2014
very good optics ..has held up well with my magnum springers. If you plan on mounting this on a magnum springer. Get the one piece mount .. And also get some blue locktite. I have had to use this blue locktite on everything I shoot. No more re tightening the screws. As I said I bought this used and have not even bothered with the battery. Its gonna go on my Benjamin discovery. Best rifle deserves my best scope. This is the only scope that has held up to my springer magnums.. My hatson sniper .25 blew up every cheap scope I put on it.. So I guess if you want to play and have fun. You will have to spend some money.. Really recommend a one piece mount. Happy shooting. I shoot daily. If you mount this on a break barrel.. You should check out on Yutube how to shim this because of barrel drop. Happy Shooting feel free to ask. It took me some time to learn.

Crosman CPA416AORG2 Centerpoint 4-16x40mm Riflescope