5.0 out of 5 stars A must for CO2 guns.
Published on November 19, 2006 by mgso

3.0 out of 5 stars Here's an alternative
Not sure this will get posted but I did a lot of research into an alternative to this very overpriced oil. Turns out this is nothing more than 30 wt non-detergent motor oil. You can buy it at an auto parts store for $4/quart. The red is a dye the original manufacturer adds for effect. Make sure to buy non-detergent or ND oil!
Published on March 13, 2012 by J. Christman

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for CO2 guns., November 19, 2006
In my opinion, this is Crosmans magic oil. It can be use to lubricate, but the most important, it preserves your CO2 seal. Expert(s) recommend a drop of this oil on the tip of your CO2 powerlet prior to inserting it. They recommend to do this every 3rd one use. I use 1 drop on each, everytime I use my guns due to the frequency, especially my repeaters (I shoot between

800-1,000 pellets & bbs/ week.) Check your manual. mgso

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, September 6, 2009
This review is from: Crosman Pellgunoil® Air Gun Lubricating Oil (1/4 ounces) (Sports)
I use this stuff to seal the CO2 cartridge on my Airsoft CO2 pistol and it really does the job. Before I started using it if I let the gun sit for a couple of days the CO2 would leak out. Now by putting a drop on the tip of every cartridge when I insert it I can leave the gun sit for weeks and it doesn't leak at all. This is surely a great product and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars " A must have for any co2 pistols ", April 27, 2009
Victor "Scarface" Azevedo ("Hollow" Bridgeport, CT) - See all my reviews
I recently bought a Beretta PX4, Walther CP99 & CP99 Compact, and I was researching for the best lube for my pistols. After a long time lookng for the best product on the market, I came across this miracle oil ! It works wonders, a couple of my boys even have even gotten seal leaks to stop with this stuff ! Crosman recommends 1 drop of oil on every 3rd powerlet, but I drop 1 on the tip of every co2 right before loading it into pistol..

I highly recommended this product ! If you plan on using a co2 pistol, you gotta get some !

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning, December 21, 2010
On the back of the package of oil is the note "Not for use with break barrel air rifles."

This Amazon page has no such warning that I can find.

Back to Amazon it goes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Here's an alternative, March 13, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR BREAK BARREL RIFLES., February 25, 2012
Joey (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
I'm not going to write specifically about the product because I never had a chance to use it, but nowhere in the description did it say that it could NOT be used on break barrel rifles. Annoying to find this written on the back of the package. Had to return.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oops, October 2, 2012
As previous review states, "this is not for spring air rifles". Well, i didn't read that before i bought this oil. I found out online that any oil placed in a spring air rifle can (and will) explode inside the chamber, similar to the combustion inside a diesel engine. Please add not for spring air rifles in the description Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crosman Pellgunoil, July 14, 2011
I purchased this oil for a Gamo break barrel rifle. When it arrived there in bold letters was this note "Not for use with break barrel air rifles". Makes me wonder why this isn't noted in the product description.

The instructions that came with the rifle were minimal at best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, June 29, 2011
GaryH (GeorgetownTx) - See all my reviews
This is what you need if you want to maintain the seals on your Co2 powered guns. Just a drop on each Co2 cylinder before you install it will keep the inner air seals soft and pliable so that they won't start leaking. At least that's what I have read on some of the airgun forums.

I have an older Daisy Model 45 Co2 pellet pistol that would never hold the pressure overnight. I could load a brand new cartridge, fire one shot, and the next morning.....no gas. I used the Pellgun oil on it for a couple of cylinders and now it has been holding for almost two weeks.

I will definitely be using it on my new Umarex SA 177 from now on.

My only complaint is the shipping cost. It was the only item I needed at the time from Amazon, and I needed it right away. Pyramidair had it for $2.99, but shipping was $8.00. So I went with Amazon for $4.00 plus $4.99 shipping. Cheaper, but still expensive for such a small tube. Doesn't anybody sell this stuff in a brick and mortar store? Not even Wally World carries it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Information., January 16, 2011
Received tube of oil and examined packaging.
Found that this product is marked as NOT to be used with Break Barrel air guns.
Have not tried the oil in anything, don't own anything but a Crosman Break Barrel "Quest" rifle.
I would like to see the product information modified on Amazon to include this "warning".

Thank you for reading this.