on February 6, 2010
Verified Purchase
I just picked up the XCM Cross Battle adapter PLUS and it works flawlessly with my Sony PS3 Slim. Just connect it to your PS3, connect a *wired* Xbox 360 controller and you're in business. No delays or hesitation, it's very responsive. In fact, while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) I'd sometimes forget I was playing on a PS3 as it felt like the same playing experience as the Xbox.

Three important things to know. First, you cannot use a wireless controller with a charge cable to connect. The charge cable simply charges the wireless controller, it doesn't establish a connection between the wireless controller and the XCM. In short, you need a WIRED controller. Second, you cannot use an XBox headset that connects to your Xbox controller - the XCM doesn't handle that (not that I expected it to.) Third, if you find that you lose your connection frequently, turn OFF the Controller Auto-Off power saving option on your PS3. It's in the XMB (Cross Media Bar) under Settings > Power Save Settings > Controller Auto-Off.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 7, 2009
First of all, I loathe the dualshock design and have ever since it was tacked on to the original playstation controllers. I also have hand/arm "issues" (medical in nature) that make gaming on the PS3 uncomfortable to be polite.

This product is easy to use. Turn on your PS3, plug this device into the PS3, plug a wired 360 controller into the device and you're ready to go. It's that simple. If you love the 360 design, this is a wonderful thing.

There are a few drawbacks, however.

One is that you actually need the wired 360 controller.

Another is that while in use the green LEDs (that signal what player you are) all flash while in use.

Also, there is no motion sensing for any game that may require it (I recommend the Nyko Zero to solve this).

Next, this adapter will not work with PS2 games played on the PS3 (if you have a BC model of PS3).

Finally, this item would have really benefited from a way to assign controller functions. As is, you are still forced to use the bumpers for firing in some games such as first person shooters. I see this as a design flaw in the dualshock 3 design where even devlopers have tried to accomodate for the less-than-adequate, and slippage-prone L2/R2 "trigger." Unfortunately, the Cross Battle adapter cannot compensate for this unless the options are available in-game.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 16, 2010
Verified Purchase
I have the Street Fighter 4 TE and a HORI-RAP 3 arcade sticks and tried them both with the XCM Cross Battle adapter. I was able to get the joysticks to work right from the start and I was thrilled that I might be able to play SSFIV with some friends of mine that had a PS3. I went to training mode and started trying some combos. I was able to pull off basic moves just fine, but when I tried to link stuff together which required some faster joystick inputs (QCF or QCB in particular) the buttons wouldn't quite work. I opened up the input options in training mode to see what exactly was being inputted when I tried to do a fireball: I did a d,df,f+P on the joystick and it ended up inputting d,d,f,f+P. I tried it multiple times and anytime I tried to quickly pull off a fireball it wouldn't input the d/f. A simple combo like mk,fireball would almost never come out.

So, long story short the product works in that you can get your 360 controller/joystick to work on the PS3, but it is far from lag free input. Maybe it works well with shooting games but for a fighting game like SSFIV it is absolutely worthless. It makes a $125 joystick feel like you are using a $39 joystick.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 31, 2010
Verified Purchase
Basically, this product allows you to use a wired Xbox 360 controller to play on your PS3. I used this adapter to play Resistance and MW2.

The product I received differed from the one shown in the picture. It is not labeled as "plus" and the plastic used on it is transparent. However, it is functionally the same as the "plus" version (transmits rumble).

Things to be aware of:

1. You need a wired controller. A play and charge kit is not a wired controller.
2. Rumble functionality is included.
3. The Xbox Guide button serves as the PS Home button, and the lights on it still indicate which player you are.
4. The turbo functionality works and is simple to use. When activated, holding down the button is equivalent to rapidly pressing it.
5. The adapter includes plenty of cord length, so combined with the 360 controller's cable there should be more than enough length.
6. Most shooter games on the PS3 have firing your weapon set to R1, which translates to RB on the 360 controller. It is best to make sure that there is an in-game option to switch weapon firing to R2, which translates to RT on the 360 controller (This option is included for Modern Warfare 2).
7. Obviously, motion sensing controls don't work.

After playing MW2 on my 360, and then playing MW2 on the PS3 with this adapter I didn't notice any sort of controller lag.

Overall, this is a great product that is quick and easy to use and provides all the functionality I expected with no lag at a good price. The only thing I cannot rate is durability, as I have only had mine for 4 months.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 25, 2010
Verified Purchase
Thanx to this little piece of electornics, my $400 dollar bluray player, can now be used as a video game console as well. i was very hesitant to buy this, but i really wanted to play the God Of War games and i despise the PS3 controller, so reluctantly i made this purchase. and i couldnt have been more impressed... plug it into the PS3 usb port and start playing with the comfort of my 360 wired controller!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2010
Verified Purchase
The reason i have given given this a 5 star rating is very simple, this product simply works. As the description for the product says, it works by plugging a WIRED xbox 360 controller to it, not charge and play kit, just like that plug it and youre done, and as for what other reviewers are saying about the HOME button not working, and the led lights flashing all the time is in my experience NOT true. The xbox home button works exactly like the one on the dualshock 3, AND the led doesnt flash, but rather tells you what number controller you are using, just like the dualshock.
As for lag, i have not encontered any, and yes i did test them both the xbox controller with the XCM and the dualshock 3 side by side and there was no controller lag whatsoever.
Obviously there is no sixaxis because the xbox controller doesnt come with it, so its not the products fault.
Overall is a great product and works as advertised, if you already own an xbox 360 wired controller (like i did) this is a miracle worker.
on April 23, 2011
Verified Purchase
I ordered this specifically for my Razer Onza Standard Edition (I had ordered the SE and got it over a month before my TE finally shipped, when my TE arrived my SE was set aside to collect dust... until now). I can confirm that it works with both Onza's without problem. Even the two programmable shoulder buttons work. I've tried MW2 and BOPS, response lag is minimal, in fact I only noticed it when attempting to "Drop-Shot". The only two other games I've tried were Megaman 9 (works great) and a PS2 game (just to confirm it does not work with PS2 games, it doesn't!).
***UPDATE*** July 5, 2011
I just ordered my second XCM, this thing is amazing. I'm beginning to believe there is no response lag; I can say this because I use it for Wipeout HD and Tetris - my scores are the same as if I were using my Sixaxis.
on August 1, 2009
I couldn't find out this information anywhere so thought i'd include it as an amazon review for future buyers. I tried using the plug and charge 360 battery/cable (that plugs into usb essentially making a wireless pad wired) but it doesn't work with this adapter. The light turns blue to signal its usable but the green lights just keep flashing as if its trying to find a synced console when you press the guide button.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 2, 2010
Verified Purchase
Lets face it. The PS3 controller is horrendous for racing games. I use this for Gran Turismo and my overall times online have dropped by hundreds of places. I can more accurately counter steer the car and supply the exact amount of throttle. Definite buy if you want more substance while racing without going all out on a wheel. This thing also works extremely well with PS1 games so long as they support dualshock. Spyro is such a better game with this controller and don't even get me started at how much more fun the Crash Bandicoot games are. This will not work for PS2 games sadly.
on November 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
Allows me to use my wired xbox controller, and it works great to an extent but it seems like it doesn't respond too imputs occasionally witch gets annoying. Also it will occasionally not allow for a button to be held down for extended periods of time, for example the left trigger for scoping in on fps games, or the left thumb stick. So it works but is far from perfect and definitely aggravating at times.