4.0 out of 5 stars Great product
I have owned an A.T. Cross set since 1966 and it has served wonderfully. I had a small problem with the old style pencil works a couple decades ago, but Cross honored their lifetime warranty and replaced the thick-lead innards with the new style 0.5 mm works. BTW, Amazon incorrectly says the pencil uses .05 mm leads; it actually uses 0.5 mm.

I would have...
Published on June 8, 2009 by D. C. Hawkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this
I had a Cross pen & pencil set back in the day, so I remember the quality from the past. I was excited to receive my new set, but not anymore. I'm returning this idem for refund. This pen & pencil set is not worth the money. This is a cheap replica of what Cross use to be. Must be made in China, need I say more? I give it one star for good shipping only.
Published 16 months ago by Space Grazer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 8, 2009
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Cross Classic Century, 10 Karat Gold-Filled/Rolled Gold, Ballpoint Pen and 0.7mm Pencil Set (450105) (Office Product)

I would have awarded a perfect 5 stars except that A.T. Cross has sent their manufacturing (at least part of it) to China. This icon of American quality should stay here. I for one would have paid more for the set. When I buy Cross, it is for special gifts and the "Made in China" label diminishes the image of the gift regardless of whether or not the quality and guarantee are as good as ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, December 4, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic, April 4, 2009
Both the pen and the pencil are well designed, functional, and surprisingly durable. The two Waterman pens I had developed cracks and showed their cheap construction but the Cross barely shows any wear. I received the 10K Gold filled Cross set over 20 years ago and it still works and looks fantastic. Still brings unexpected compliments from business associates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grad gift pleaser, January 30, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
My grandson graduated from college in December, so I decided to give

him this Cross gold pen & pencil set, along with my attache case. I

have not used the Cross set, but he was delighted w/it. He's started

his master's program, & uses the set & the case. He is happy with

this gift, and had a big smile & kiss for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not how I remember Cross, May 27, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
If these are really Cross pens, they are not up to the standard I remember for Cross. I have used cross pens since the sixties... But the last set I bought was 15 years or more ago. This gold set fells like plastic... Not really a nice gold color
Like I remember. The edges are sharp at the joints. Just does not feel like a hundred dollar writing instrument.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the originals, August 27, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I owned an original of this Cross pen and pencil set since 1986 until this year but after 25 years of daily use managed to lose them within a week of each other. I ordered a replacement this August, 2012, in the hope that the reported bad quality since the shift of production to China could be something I could live with. A big mistake...

Unfortunately the quality is awful and I have returned them. The pencil mechanism has changed yet again (I had my original pencil repaired and the 'innards' were changed from the 0.8mm to the then 0.5mm 'new' one) and the characteristics of the pencil have completely changed. You wouldn't want to open the pencil to use the now tiny eraser and to expose the cheap plastic mechanism.

The pen doesn't feel as well constructed and the refill end protrudes too far out compared to my original. Also both the pen and pencil have the same top, with the gold 'blob' on the end, whereas only one should have it so you can tell them apart easily.

If I could find an original set I would be happy to buy it but will certainly make sure I handle them first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad pen, January 10, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
The pen arrived in poor condition, there is a gap that opens between the spinning cap and the pen. I have another set (exactly the same model and everything) and it doesn't have that problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars unbeatable, September 15, 2010
my grandpa had this pen set for 50 years and i can tell you this...it never broke and he said it was one of the best material possesions he had ever owned

5.0 out of 5 stars Cross Classic Century Pen and Pencil set, August 18, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Very nice set. Work very well. I like their small diameter. I also have a Waterman set which is also fine, but heavier. I prefer this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pens, January 30, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Great pens. I have been using them for 10+ years and they really hold up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›