5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for all cross-country skiers, new, old and wanna-bes., January 28, 2008
Dianne Miller (Tahoe Vista, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cross-Country Skiing in the Sierra Nevada: The Best Resorts & Touring Centers in California & Nevada (Paperback)
Living in North Lake Tahoe for over 33 years cross-country skiing has become one of my great passions. In the winter months I spend four to five days a week skate skiing for fitness and pleasure. After all this time I figured I knew just about all I needed to about the ski areas in and around my home, but was I wrong. A short time into Tim's book I had already gathered new information and ideas for some exciting excursions both close to home and a day trip away. I would recommend this informative, fun book to both experienced and novice cross-country skiers. Also, if you have thought about cross-country skiing but haven't had the chance to try it, this is also the book for you. It will help you make some good decisions on where and how to start this great sport. Now, get out there and have some fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to Sierra Nevada XC skiing, December 19, 2007
Laura Read (California, USA) - See all my reviews
With brevity and charm, Hauserman shares his thorough knowledge about local and regional cross-country ski areas. (There are 13 between Mt. Shasta and Yosemite.) Anyone yearning to get out there on skinny skies - either as a novice or as a veteran looking beyond the everyday workout - should buy this book. For beginning skiers, Hauserman breaks down the complexities of this oft-misunderstood sport and tells where to get more help on the web or at local ski shops when you need it. For veterans, he provides ski maps, directions, resort highlights, activities and even a little natural history. The chapters and guide entries are straightforward. During his two-plus years of field research, Hauserman explored thousands of kilometers of trails and ate in every resort restaurant (for research, of course!). He checked out local lodgings and interviewed managers and local skiers. The end result is a book that clarifies details and whets appetites for the best of the Sierra Nevada's groomed resort terrain.

$11.95 $10.60