Cross Play with Vita?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 28, 2012 8:56:53 AM PDT
Jeremy says:
It would be great if it allowed you to install on vita as well, but I'm fearing that the vita/psp version will be totally separate. If that is the case, buying either version should get you a major discount on the other. Thoughts..?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 3:11:28 PM PDT
Geomancer says:
Sure, everyone would want that. Me included.

However, I think we all know that won't be the case. If you want on both, you'll have to pay full price for both (or wait for a price drop).

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:41:36 AM PDT
Rev says:
i doubt it with a title like this. the only co-op was the verses mode. not much content for cross play to even be worth. dont get me wrong id love to see any title get cross-play/cross-platform treatment.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 7:15:17 AM PDT
I'm too lazy to find the old link, but when this was announced Kojima said that all his games using the Fox Engine, and games that are released for both Vita and PS3 at the same time would come with both copies. I've not heard anything more in this regard, but I'm going to keep thinking the PS3 version will come with the Vita version until I hear otherwise.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 10:21:13 AM PDT
Rev says:
actually thats sounds like he was saying that the PS3 version will have both the first and second game; and that the Vita Version will do the same. i dont think unless he does a special edition of some sort that you will get 2 copies of each game resulting in multiplatform play. sorry if this busts that thought but it wouldnt be something theyd take a loss on since this game is "Niche-fan" based title.

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 2:17:18 PM PDT
Both copies meaning both platforms. It was explicit that it would include both the ps3 and vita versions, not just both games. However, I was looking for that article and couldn't find it so I'm thinking I gave up too soon or it was a mistranslation simply referring to the tranfarring between ps3 and vita. Time will tell.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:41:14 PM PDT
There has been no mention of transfarring or the Vita version since last year... I'm guessing the Vita version is indefinitely on hold. The new cover art doesn't have any transfarring on it either. http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1344355/A2JQqmoCIAAbALu.jpg

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:43:48 AM PDT
B. Hoover says:
I suspect that a Vita version remains in the works, but we'll end up seeing a staggered release. Just like with the MGS HD collection, the Vita version was released months later.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 28, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Zone of the Enders HD Collection by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (81)