Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2012 2:18:28 PM PDT
Aaron Eastin says:
Will Amazon be offering the "crossbuy" where you get PS3 and Vita versions for one price like Sony is advertising? Will it be automatic or will they sell this differently?

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 6:34:25 PM PDT
Tico says:
I actually bought both versions here on amazon. But I will cancel it if I see they do nothing about it.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 6:10:02 PM PDT
You probably don't need this answered now but yes, Amazon will be offering "cross-buy" if you pre-order the ps3 version of the game; it will come with both the vita version along with a bonus para glider skin and an outfit for Murray. This will probably be a promo card with a code on it that is stuck in every new box of the game, amazon origin or not. (Although I can't say this for sure: for example, Gamestop's website doesn't mention any cross-buy promotion.)

However, I don't think the Vita version has a code for a ps3 version, however, so if you want both, purchase the ps3 copy.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:41:04 PM PST
Yes, all you have to do is preorder or purchase the PS3 version. All PS3 copies will include a voucher for the Vita version of the game. Purchasing the Vita version will not give you access to the PS3 version. Cross buy is not limited to preorders.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:31:11 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
That does kinda suck just from the stand-point that most of us have way more extra storage on our PS3's as opposed to our Vita's. Either way I'm not going to complain about a free game. I'll make room for it on my Vita, no problem.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 3:07:03 PM PST
The cross-buy feature has nothing to do with any particular retailer...If you've seen somewhere that a game is included in the "Cross Buy Program" you'll be getting the free Vita version of the game with any purchase of a new PS3 copy whether it is included in the product description or not. There isn't even a download code for the Vita version, it's a feature included on disc...when you put the game in the PS3 there will be more "discs" than just the usual icon you would select to launch the game, and one of them will be titled "Disc Benefits." When you launch "Disc Benefits" it will bring you through the process of claiming your game...it's a Sony thing, included at manufacturing, not retailer promotion.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 8:07:50 AM PST
Just wanted to make sure everyone following this thread knows that they reduced the price of the PS3 version to $40 and the Vita version to $30...so now we are getting both versions of the game for $40!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2013 11:09:28 PM PDT
thank you for your explaination
but when i try and click on the disc benefits i got a message saying disc benefits are coming soon.
any idea ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Aug 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (303)