Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Crossed Seduction (Astrology)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

40%
60%
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 9, 2011
I have to admit, when I realized this was about two Scorpios, I wasn't sure they'd both survive the book. :) But I was pleasantly surprised to find that the attraction of similars can lead to really intense romance. At first, they might not seem that similar-- she's a pickpocket on the wrong side of the law, and he's a stalwart military man. But they both have tragic past events that keep them from trusting, and powerful inner needs that drive them towards each other... and away.

This book has dramatic events, scorching love scenes, an intriguing villain, and a pleasurable glimpse of the delightful heroine from Lord Lightning, here as a minor character who adds a human note to the gritty view of Regency London.

This isn't a light romp, but a deeply felt and dramatic historical romance.
on August 30, 2011
In 1820 Dragoon Captain Miles Trevelyan has just retuned home to find a proper "military" bride after a decade stationed in India. One week in London and the bored Miles wants to go "home" as he was only fifteen when he enlisted following his father's death.

A tiny girl sells Miles a poorly drawn picture of a broadsword while all in black Temperance "Tem" Smith picks his pocket. However, Miles catches her in the act, but is frozen when he sees her. She flees knowing he saw her.

Miles cannot forget the woman in black and searches for her. She loathes herself for feeling passion for a dragoon as his unit killed her lover. While his mom seeks advice for her son's marital hunt from an astrologer who runs a homeless shelter for young women, Tem learns her dead lover lives in America. Trev finds her and persuades her to be his mistress. As lust turns to love, trust remains difficult for this pair of Scorpios to accept.

The second astrological Regency romance (see Lord Lightning) stars an intriguing pair who meet when she steals his wallet. The story line starts slow until the second encounter speeds up the pace as the two Scorpios battle one another and their respective hearts. Anchored by real historical tidbits interwoven into the plot, readers will enjoy this fun nineteenth century tale as love is in the stars.

Harriet Klausner
on September 17, 2011
This is my first book by Jenny Brown, so I had no expectations. I read the blurb on netGalley, and thought it intriguing. I've never read a romance story that incorporated the Astrology, so I went for it. Let me just state that after reading it, I'm putting her début book and the first in her Lords of the Seventh House series, `Lord Lightning' on my Wish List and as soon as I get it, it'll go on top of my TBR pile.

This story is so much more than just a romance. The blurb above is only the beginning of this beautifully crafted and executed, heartwarming and heart wrenching love story. The author has taken the time and care in developing, dare I say giving birth, to two characters that literally jump off the pages with life.

I was impressed with its realistic portrayal of humanity of Trev and Tem. The emotions, doubts, second guessing and confusion of their feelings for each other were too real and heartfelt. This is one hundred percent character driven story that will grab you from that first paragraph where she introduces us to this young soldier that's not just lonely, but lost and in search of something that even he doesn't quite know what it is. As he meets and rescues Temperance Smith, his heart battles his mind over the fact that she gave him something no one ever did-the feeling of coming home.

The scene in the alley, when Tem runs away from him, and he's left all alone and humiliated is so raw that brought me to tears. I literally felt his pain and humiliation.

The scene after they're together for the first time is heartbreaking and very emotional. The depth and scope of these two characters made them very human and their road to each other became important to me. That, my Bookworms, is a rare talent in a writer and it's meant to be savored to the fullest! The combination of a fast pace, a believable and intriguing plot with twists and turns kept the story moving for me and at no pint did I ever find myself bored. As a matter a fact, I wished it was longer!

Ms. Brown welcome to my Keeper shelf. I have no doubt you'll be there for quite a while!

*ARC supplied by Harper Collins (Avon) via netGalley for an honest review.
STAR CROSSED SEDUCTION by Jenny Brown is an exciting historical romance set in 1820 Regency England. It is Bk #2 in a series "Lords of the Seventh House" that began with Lord Lightening,but can be read as a stand alone.This is a story on Astrology and Zodiac signs. "Star Crossed Seduction" is based on the Scorpio sign. This is the story of Captain Miles Trevelyan and Temperance "Tem" Smith. Their struggles with secrets,the past,betrayal,passion,loyality,romance,sweet sensuality,romance and love. While, Captain Trevelyan "Trev" and Tem must learn trust,they also fight their attraction.Captain Trevelyan is a dragoon that was stationed in India for a decade.He has issues with trust and loyalty. Tem is a pickpocket,who also has trust issues. Captain Trev is assigned to retrieve a valuable jewel,but along the way Tem is not only a distraction but someone he could loss everything for in order to gain the love and peace they both are seeking in their lives.A story that will leave you wanting to know more on Astrology and the Zodiac sign. A must read.A fact paced,action packed thrill with mystery and suspense. Received for review from the publisher.Details can be found at Avon, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers and My Book Addiction Reviews.
on December 4, 2011
I received this book as an E-Galley from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. I received no further compensation for my review. I was so excited to get a chance to read this second book in the Astrology series.

This was a really good read. I loved all the secrets and mystery. This wasn't just a romance but a mystery. It was great to see Eliza and "Lord Lightning" again as well. Lord and Lady Hartwood are running a home for girls who live on the streets. Eliza wants to try and give them a second chance to better themselves. Temperance ends up in the home but has trouble with the reforming part, especially with Miles hot on her tail trying to convince her to become his mistress. Nothing is straightforward in this book. Everyone seems to be hiding something. It was a wonderful story of love against all odds. I am really liking the Astrology Series. I'm really looking forward to reading more books from Jenny Brown! This book is an adult book with sexual scenes.