Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 19, 2015
Overall, I like the jump rope. It's the one I am looking for. I use it several times per week in the gym. However the quality of the jump rope is not as good as I thought. I only use it two times on the concrete outdoor and other times I use it in the gym. The rubber that touch the ground is broken and the metal wires are frayed.
review image review image
on March 21, 2015
 Really fantastic jump rope. Highly recommend. After years of using a standard one, this is a huge improvement! Thank you master of muscle!
99 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
I just recently purchased this - I haven't had a jump rope since I was in middle school. But I got it in hopes of amping up my home workout routines. This definitely does the trick. The rope itself doesn't come with any instructions on how to adjust it so for a beginner it is good to know that you just have to properly measure yourself and then cut it (easiest with tin snips) to the desired length and use the screw attachments to stop the handles from sliding off.

The rope itself has a nice feeling grip. It doesn't tangle and is easy roll up for storage when you aren't using it. Easily adjustable. This company also has a 100% lifetime guarantee (which I am sure I won't need to use), but it definitely shows how much a company backs their product.

The creators/owners, whatever are awesome! I was in direct contact after an introductory email with Dre from Master of Muscle and he was seriously helpful. In the intro email he said I could contact him with any questions. I certainly had a few and he replied back quickly both times. I enjoy customer service and this company will certainly be of service.

I have already worked up quite a sweat just using it two days and I feel awesome. I have no doubt that while I continue to use this I will just shed any extra weight that I want to. This gives you a great workout, quickly.

Anyways, If you are looking for an easy to use, no nonsense jump rope to amp up your workouts, or whatever, this is definitely a great buy. I would do it all over again.
on March 31, 2015
Like the other reviews have mentioned, this is a very easily adjustable rope. I have not had any issues with the cables loosening while I am jumping (just make sure they are properly tightened). The rope also feels good in my hands. The free workout ebook is really helpful and does have some great workouts included.

I did have a small issue with the black part of the rope chipping away where the rope hits the ground. That's more of my fault as I was using it on pretty rough concrete. I've since moved to jumping on a rubber horse mat (check out a tractor supply store for rubber horse stall mats), and there are no more issues now.

I've had a chance to do the WOD that was supplied a few times and they really kicked my tush. I wore my Polar FT7 HRM and it calculated that I burned 444 calories in about 25 minutes. For reference, I am 5'9" and about 192 lbs. That is about what I burn during a Shaun T: T25 video, so take that for what you will.

Dre also sent me an email asking me how I liked the rope and I let him know that I loved it. I mentioned the chipping that occurred and that it was more my fault for using it on the concrete than a fault of the product. He wrote me back thanking me for the feedback and sent a replacement rope (I made no mention that I wanted a replacement). That is OUTSTANDING customer service. It's really nice being able to email a company and receive more than just an automated reply. It also shows me that they really do stand behind their product.

I've included a pic of what the chipping looks like.

TL;DR: I love the product. Great customer service. Don't use it on rough concrete - the smoother the surface the better.
review image
on April 14, 2015
I have used many ropes when it comes to jump roping and this has to be my favorite set. Fully adjustable and lightweight. Doubles and triples can be done easily after warming up with a heavier set of jump ropes.Only thing you would need to watch out for is the surface you jump on, after a week of using this rope the coating started to come off revealing the wiring so I would use it on hardwood or a mat, rough concrete will wear and tear the rope. Customer service is just amazing. I hardly write reviews but i just had to for these guys. I would recommend this rope to others, hands down.
on September 29, 2013
Love this rope! I have been doing Crossfit for a while but could never master the elusive double under - now I can do up to 40 unbroken! I highly recommend to anyone who does Crossfit or who just wants a great cardio workout
on January 13, 2015
So, I got this rope, and tried it out at the gym - mostly for warm ups and some additional cardio, not really as primary exercise. I didn't realize how much easier it was to jump rope with this until I tried out all the other ropes that were laying around the gym. The speed, the weight of the cable, the fact that it doesn't tangle or twist - this is a superior rope. Factor in the cost (it might have jumped up in cost recently), this is a no brainer. Get it.

A couple of minor things: I wish the handles had some tack to them, as they do feel a bit slippery. But for the price, it's really nit picking - and nothing a wrap of athletic tape can't fix. Also, you have to be careful to measure the rope so it's the right length for your height/size/ability. Google that. Lastly, make sure you use a pretty sharp/capable tool to cut the wire, otherwise you'll cut the ends uncleanly, and you'll have trouble putting the rubber end caps back on (see below)

One thing that pushed this rope over the edge in an unexpected way: the customer service. I initially cut the rope to my right specs, but the ends were more frayed than I expected (I should have used a better/sharper tool). So I cut some more, and by that time, now the rope was a bit short for my body and it was getting caught on my feet when I used it. I emailed the company, and explained my situation, asking if I could get a replacement cable. "Dre" responded back immediately (on a Sunday, of all days), and told me he couldn't send me a new cable - BUT THAT HE COULD SEND ME A NEW ROPE. So, just 2 days later (via UPS 2nd Day Air, even), I have a brand new rope (with all the original pieces inside). Now, that's customer service! I'm giving my old shorter rope to my wife. That's probably one of the best customer service situations I've ever experienced.
on September 11, 2014
So far the jump rope is great. It was really easy to adjust, I like the case, and I'm very pleased with the handle rotation while using it. One of my concerns was that I would have a lot of extra wire hanging loose after the adjustment, but this was not an issue at all for me (I'm 6 feet tall). No complaints!
on January 9, 2015
This is an excellent jump rope and an even better value.

A few years ago I tried using a "classic" jump rope - leather rope, wooden handles and no swivel. I liked the boxing gym vibe but didn't like using it much - sluggish and stiff.

I later saw some Buddy Lee videos on the web and ordered one of his ropes. That was a definite improvement and i used it enough that I wore though the middle of the plastic rope and had to replace it a couple of times. Still, I never got a double under with that rope.

More recently there were some guys at the local box using this rope. They were going pretty well so I decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did.

First, as I mention above it's a very good value. My Buddy Lee rope cost more than twice as much. Buddy Lee is a great guy (definitely check out his videos) and he sells a good rope. I think part of the difference in price relates to the handles and swivels. The Lee handles are signficanly longer and thicker and the swivel more complex. I'm sure that raises the cost but I didn't find that if makes a huge difference in performance.

So the rope is less expensive to begin with, and then it comes with a cloth case that's handy for packing the rope in your gym bag as well as a link to download a jump rope work out PDF. The PDF has some great workouts on it and I've seen similar work out guides asking about the price of the rope just for their PDF. All in all, great value.

One of the other reviews mentioned that there weren't instructions about adjusting the rope. Mine came with a card explaining how to experiment with lengths and then finalize the rope to your length when you find it.

They may have missed packing the card with that rope, but no matter. The other thing that surprised me about the rope is that amazing degree of customer service for such an inexpensive product. I've had a couple of email exchanges with Dre about his rope and his company. He's extremely responsive and wants you to have a good experience with his products.

Which brings me to the bottom line. This rope works fine. I like it at least as well as my other rope and I'll be staying with it. It may be a coincidence, but I got my first double under two days ago and put a few of them together several times during my workout today. This is now my lucky jump rope. Hope yours works well for you.
on June 11, 2014
Cable rope with nice plastic coating to create a little extra weight for double unders. Fast. Outstanding customer service. A valuable ebook with step-by-step guidance from the basics of using a jump rope to advanced workouts that include jump rope along with crossfit-style total body movements. Very impressed with Master of Muscle company. They are interested in quality products and improvements to help you reach your full potential.