5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and resilient
I've recently swapped from sitting at a desk (which I have done for nearly 20 years) to working at a "stand-up" desk. I found that standing on office carpets, even while wearing comfortable shoes, was tough - I would barely last 5 to 10 minutes. And the accumulative effects were enough that I doubted I would get acclimatized anytime soon.

Having tried this mat...
Published on January 31, 2007 by Andrew Monkhouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be thicker
Published 23 months ago by S. Shah

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and resilient, January 31, 2007

Having tried this mat for a week now, I found that I can stand on it for 20 minutes or more at a time straight away. And even at the end of the 20 minutes my feet don't feel bad - I am just sitting at that point because I am sick of standing, not because I have to sit.

Rather than move the mat out of the way, I am allowing my chair to roll over it. It is not conducive to rolling (being a high chair I don't have the leverage to move it much even on the normal carpet - on the mat I have no hope). When I move the chair away, I can see definite indents in the mat where the wheels were, however these spring back within 5 minutes or so.

This has been an excellent purchase as far as I am concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Relief for Your Feet!, October 3, 2009
Pippi "Have Faith Believer" (Atwater, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crown Comfort King Antifatigue Mat, Zedlan, 24 x 36, Royal Blue (CK0023BL) (Office Product)
I am a middle school teacher who never sits at my desk. I purchased this anti-fatigue mat after reading others' reviews. It is absolutely an awesome product! I refer to it as my "magic carpet" in the classroom. My students find opportunities to stand on it themselves. What a relief this is for those of us who spend a great amount of time standing at work. This is a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid mat for long term standing, December 8, 2011
I use this mat for my standing desk - which I stand at for stretches of an hour or longer. I've tried the more expensive Sublime mat, and it just doesn't provide the long term comfort that this does. The bright blue color may keep people from putting this in areas of a home where cosmetic appearance is important, but it perfectly suits my needs and seems to be the best tool for the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKE SOME STRAIN OFF YOUR KNEES, January 8, 2010
My wife swears by (not at) this mat. It is soft and yet stable, and seems (after several months now) to be durable. I have never tried a competitor, but this one works pretty much as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrifty comfort, July 12, 2013
Wade (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This makes for an adequate cushion for stretches of standing, particularly if you're not committed to the notion of standing in the same spot indefinitely.

As I am a standing desk dilettante, this is a cheap pad to use while I decide between being the kind of person who has serious talks about ergonomics or the kind who slowly melts into a chair. If you work someplace standing in one spot all day without your employer providing a padded surface to stand on, you should get something nicer. If you know you need a stealth bomber, you don't get the Hyundai Accent. If you're not sure you even need to travel, you get something cheap (and potentially used via the Warehouse deals site, scroll down to the bottom) until you're certain you need it. This is inexpensive enough to just throw away if your experiment doesn't work, but it's also the right thickness and grippiness to make for a durable drawer mat if you can find shears sturdy enough to cut through the rubber. (Don't throw things like this away. It's bad for Gaia the Earth Mother and it makes the blonde girl from Captain Planet cry a little every time you refuse to reuse or recycle.)

This thing is bright blue. Pool cover blue. Child's drawing of the ocean blue. Aggressively blue. It's got a pebbled texture and the barest of bevels along the edges. It's not winning any beauty contests, but I can't imagine anyone entering it into one. It's blue, rectangular, and the edges slope to meet the floor (less like a beveled edge/more like the die-press they use to cut these just happens to squish the sides down permanently.)

It's not terribly thick, but it does provide another halfish inch of cushion between your feet and the floor. Which, it turns out, is enough to eke out another couple of hours standing in the same spot. It's definitely nicer on tile or wood than carpet, but it's helpful on all three surfaces.

Get it if you're not sure you need it. Don't rely on it for looks unless you're rocking a Roy Lichtenstein palette. It's a great starter mat, and tiny people might be able to yoga on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mat eases leg fatigue, July 15, 2009
I stand most of the day at work. The Anti fatigue mat helps to reduce leg and foot swelling that I was experiencing as a result of standing all day. My feet don't hurt as much when I get home in the evenings. All my co-workers are jealous and want one of their own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Mat for a standing desk, July 12, 2012
Micah D. Mills (Henderson, KY USA) - See all my reviews
I have been using this mat with my standing desk for about a week, and it works pretty well. I stand barefoot between 6-10 hours a day, and this has proven incredibly helpful on the concrete floor in my basement.

My only complaint is that the mat tends to scoot around on the floor as I step on it. So about once a day I have to reposition the mat, but that isn't such a problem.

If you are looking to transition to a standing desk, this is probably the best anti-fatigue mat for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be thicker, March 2, 2013
I bought this mat for my standing desk, since I had been experiencing pain in my heels when standing still for extended periods. This mat reduces the pain a bit, but I really think it needs to be about twice as thick (and maybe a bit softer too). The mat would be great for people who are standing for less than an hour or two at a time. If you're standing for longer stretches, I'd seek out something thicker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sticks to floor, December 18, 2013
This mat works fine for fatigue relief. But we've got concrete floors in my studio and this thing is stuck down like I glued it there. Peeling it up leaves bits and pieces stuck to the floor. So if you value your floors I would go with another product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, October 16, 2010
This mat is better than what I expected.
- The surface doesn't get sticky, stays relatively clean in busy kitchen.
- It stays flat, doesn't get in the way, it's practically invisible.
- I don't notice my feet getting tired as much, I think the mat's helping.

Crown Comfort King Antifatigue Mat, Zedlan, 24 x 36, Royal Blue (CK0023BL)
$44.10 $29.61
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.