4.0 out of 5 stars Clam Critique
The product, ordered easily though Amazon, arrived promptly and on opening a can, found that the clams were minced, not chopped, very handy for use in different dishes. The clams had a clean, fresh white appearance and tasty. When my supply is exhausted, I intend to reorder.
Published on January 30, 2010 by S. I. Rubin

3.0 out of 5 stars bennyclams on clams!
I use canned clams because I no longer live in the northeast. I use them for linguine with clam sauce. I found Crown Prince chopped clams more like minced than chopped. Also they were packed in water rather than clam juice. I had to add bottled clam juice to make it better. Overall they were adequate but I have returned to Snows chopped clams packed in clam juice.
Published on February 24, 2008 by Ben Coletti

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars bennyclams on clams!, February 24, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Clam Critique, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Crown Prince Minced Clams, 6.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favorite and I'll give some ideas for it, October 23, 2010
Back in the day, I used to just eat these right out of the tin. I've always loved clams in any form. Same is true for smoked foods. You can't beat the combination of flavors. But let me toss a couple ideas at you:

1) Get the big scoop sized Fritos, add a blob of cream cheese and one of the clams. Repeat until you fill a tray. Easy hors'dourves!

2) Big sushi rolls. Add strips of cream cheese, the clams and some chopped green onion. Yum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best canned clams I've ever used, January 24, 2011
My local grocery store has stopped stocking Crown Prince canned clams and I'm forced to buy them online instead. I've opened cans side by side with Snow's and have been shocked that the Crown Prince cans contain more than twice as much clam meat, drained, than Snow's. In addition, the Crown Prince clams are pink and look cleaner than Snow's. I actually opened, drained and weighed a number of cans of each variety so I'm sure it wasn't a fluke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best clams, March 29, 2011
We enjoy clam chowder. These clams are the best we have ever tasted for making fine clam chowder.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, October 24, 2009
Darrell Bowmer (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
I have not been able to find smoked baby clams in the supermarkets nearby.
So I was excited to get these when I found them here.
I was not disappointed, the clams are tiny and very delicious.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sandy Clams, February 5, 2011
Robert Olson (MC CORDSVILLE, INDIANA, US) - See all my reviews
The product "Smoked Baby Clams" was full of sand and not edible. Obviously I won't buy again.Crown Prince Smoked Baby Clams in Oil;3.75-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for the smoky goodness!!!, January 31, 2009
Zombunny "PDXMODCHICK" (The Great State of Awareness) - See all my reviews
My local grocery stores had stopped stocking smoked baby clams some years ago, I suspect this is because my mum and must be the only ones that would buy them. When I was little my mum would crack open a can of smoked baby clams and we would share the can as no one else in the house would eat them. I was happy to have them to share with my mum as I get a tummy ache eating an entire can myself. As I got older the size of the clams in the cans got larger as well. So large that I would not concider them baby or even small clams. Maybe this is why the grocery stores stopped stocking them, they got too large for the can :)

As for this product this is one of the best smoked baby clams I have ever eaten. The clams are quite petite, as the name "baby" would denote. And the smoke flavor is not overpowering. Just right. I would agree with a previous review that there was a large amount of oil, but this is of minor consequence as there is a major feast in each can.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sandy and not very tasty, November 22, 2009
These clams from China are very sandy and I don't care for the taste either. Don't get me wrong -- I like clams and I have had excellent canned smoked clams from another brand in the past. Honestly, I was expecting more flavor and less sand. I could go on but why?

2.0 out of 5 stars less clams, January 30, 2013
Compared to other brands of same weight, this product has less clams and more water. Quality of meat was ok just less quantity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›