5.0 out of 5 stars Great for so many things!
Published on December 4, 2012 by 1MomsMoxie

2.0 out of 5 stars Children's whistle - not coach's whistle.
You get what you pay for: this is more of a children's whistle. Needs a lot of effort to get loud and must be perfectly aligned. I immediately regretted not spending the little extra money to get a pea-less/dual-chambered whistle.
Published 2 months ago by M&M

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for so many things!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Crown Sporting Goods Stainless Steel Coach Whistle with Lanyard (Sports)
When I received the whistle I was so excited to use it. With five children we do a lot of outdoor games to stay active and spend time together, so this whistle is great for our activities. I also like using the whistle when we go to the park, my kids can run off to different areas and when I'm ready to go I just use my new whistle. The whistle is a good quality one, I have dropped it a few times with no damage to the whistle. I will be ordering more of these to give to some of my Mom friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to get your kids' attention!, October 26, 2012
We live on a farm. I've been searching for something that will get my kids' attention when they are outside playing, so that I don't have to yell so loud I give myself a headache. This did the trick.

The lanyard is sturdy, and perfect for hanging up next to the door, so that the whistle is always where I can find it when I need it. The stainless steel whistle is loud enough to cut through the noise that cancels out my voice when I yell for them. There is a little ball on the lanyard that helps to adjust the length a little so that if you wear it around your neck, it doesn't fall off, or fall over your shoulder when you move around.

I may not coach a sports team, but getting my kids' attention is a year 'round sport, and this whistle is probably going to save my vocal chords!

I received this product for free as compensation for a review. All opinions here are 100% mine, and were not affected in any way.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, December 3, 2012
Love it my voice is gone & it helps get my students attention when they are too loud to hear me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Interrupting Barking Dogs and Scaring Off Coyotes!, June 7, 2014
I originally bought this whistle because of the increasing number of coyotes in my area. A park ranger said that they hated the sound of a whistle and that was the best way to stop them from following you when you walk your dogs. I have 2 small Havanese dogs and I wanted to make sure they were safe when I take them for walks. Now I can feel safe walking them again! I'm glad I haven't had to use it for coyotes and hope I never do!

As a bonus, this whistle works great when a dog is barking at them or approaching them in an unfriendly manner on our walks. It stops them in their tracks! Also, it works quite well when my own dogs start barking in our home! All they have to do is see me hold the whistle usually, but if that doesn't stop them, I blow the whistle and that does!

It is made of stainless steel and I find the lanyard to be quite sturdy enough for the size of the whistle. It may be small but it makes a mighty noise and is just the right size not to look conspicuous when I walk the dogs. The harder you blow on it, the more noise it makes, so I don't blow very hard to start with, and then harder if that doesn't get the desired effect. If I ever see a coyote following us, I will give it all I've got! Remember, dogs and coyotes have much better hearing than humans!

This would also serve as a very handy protection device for women walking alone, especially after dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, February 22, 2014
Reminds me of my old lifeguard whistle. Works great. High pitch sound. Got to scare off the coyotes when walking the dog and hope I don't need to test it for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud and nice, March 19, 2013
I've only used it to referee once and it was very loud. NO complaints whatsoever. I definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 18, 2014
My rape whistle when I traveled around Italy by myself. I tried it out when I got it, and the sound is strong and clear. I didn't use it in Italy, but it certainly made me feel safer while wandering around a foreign city on my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 23, 2013
Bought for a prop for a superbowl party. I dressed as a referee. This whistle is just what a whistle should be....LOUD! Works great and made solid. Not cheap thin plastic. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Whistle, November 26, 2012
This is a great whistle loud and reliable. It doesn't rust due to bein made from stainless steel and the best whistle I have ever had. I do recommend it for hunters, and others who need to be heard for a distance

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 21, 2013
I am going to use this to get my students attention so I wont have to raise my voice in the class room.