2,231 Reviews
 (1,682)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my old laptop lightening fast
Test Laptop - Dell Latitude D630 - 2.0GHz core 2 duo with 4GB ram
I installed this drive and then installed Windows XP pro. When complete I then installed Windows 7 home premium and set laptop up as a dual boot system. I then tested both by booting into Windows XP and Windows 7. I then ran every update and every service pack on both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 SP1...
Published on August 5, 2011 by David D. Arnold

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - Built-In Defect - MUST UPGRADE DRIVERS!
I bought this SSD and made it my boot drive, and it worked wonderfully at first.

After 6-9 months, my computer started to crash. It was an intermittent Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) about once per hour. (If you disable autoreboot, or snap a quick photo, you can see error codes on the BSOD. Mine included STOP: 0x0000007A and also second parameter...
Published on November 1, 2012 by Biz Person

‹ Previous | 1125 126 127224 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars my laptop is lightning fast and no worry about bouncing it around, January 16, 2013
G. Long (El Cajon, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
My computer tech suggested it when I had him tune up my windows 7 laptop. I now leave the computer on all the time and it is always ready to go. No need for sleep modes or worry about aging. My old hard drive is in an older laptop now. I am using the laptop as my desk top now so I run the laptop into a 23" IPS screen. As I sit down I press any key and the only delay is the moment it takes for the screen to come out of its sleep: moments. I have many tabs open at once and most are active: facebook,youtube, google and netflix. There is almost no delay as I bounce back and forth.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm never buying a standard HD for software again, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT256M4SSD2 (Personal Computers)
I bought this drive for my newest gaming PC build (Nov 2012). Wow, very fast.

Pros:
1. Excessively fast. I clocked a complete reset of my system (Windows 7, 3.5 quad core processor, 16gb ram.) Took less than 40 seconds to shut down and get back to the desktop.
2. I feel the need to list fast twice it is so sweet. I'm spoiled now. Load time on highly graphics enhance Skyrim is less than a few seconds MAX. I occasionally won't see the load screen at all.
3. Small and easy to install.

Cons:
1. Very expensive for capacity
2. Older cases may require an adapter to mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised., January 16, 2013
Awesome; now my MBP boots up faster and access speed has improved. Just like my MB Air; cant ask for anything more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, January 15, 2013
Zach B. (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Windows loads in a breeze, about 22 seconds. It used to take over 3 minutes. Awesome upgrade! Highly recommended for all considering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fast, fast, January 15, 2013
Much faster in my new desktop build than any HDD would have been, and a lot smaller (gigabyte wise). But if you want your OS to load in half the time or less and games to load and run noticeably quicker this is the way to go. I got great results with Crucial buying their memory cards and so far this SSD has been worth it as well. A good choice for new builds and replacements. It comes highly recommended and gets great reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 months, January 15, 2013
Was awesome when it worked. Super fast. Then, randomly after 3 months use, it completely died. Apparently this is a common problem with this drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speeds, January 14, 2013
Read and Write speeds weren't quite the boost I was expecting, but this seems to be the slower of the SSDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, January 13, 2013
I've got a Macbook Pro 2012 15'', and with its original drive it seemed a bit sluggish. After upgrading to SSD, I see the real deal - what it means to have a Mac that reacts instantly to everything you command.

I wasn't sure about which SSD to get, but I knew that Crucial is a dedicated company with efficient customer service. I haven't been disappointed so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, January 13, 2013
I bought this unit for my little HTPC from Asus, it came just in time and does what it promises. Do not forget to download and apply its latest firmware from the manufacturer's website.

3.0 out of 5 stars Intermittent error after 1 year of use - better now with firmware upgrade, January 13, 2013
Luan C. Do (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This SSD seems unreliable. After one year of little use on my spare computer, my PC sometimes cannot detect the drive, and the PC has to be rebooted when this happens. I have other brands of SSD drives in 3 other PC's and they all are working flawlessly with Windows 7 Ultimate, which is used in all my PC's.

UPDATE: After updating firmware, I have not yet seen the problem again. My rating has changed from 1 star to 3 stars.

‹ Previous | 1125 126 127224 | Next ›