5.0 out of 5 stars Performs well on my Mac Mini
I bought this as a DIY upgrade for my Mac Mini (stock Mid 2011, i5 @ 2.3GHz, 2 GB DDR3 RAM).

Published on October 22, 2011 by Erwin Peil

1.0 out of 5 stars Not CRUCIAL memory!
My order arrived two weeks after I ordered it. I have read other users say that shipping was a joke, well now I am confirming it. The packaging was a joke too. Put in a small letter sized bubble envelope, that's it! Each one was in a little pink anti-static baggie that was resealed and no doubt resold. The memory was placed into my laptop and I got the blue screen of...
Published on January 19, 2013 by Brian

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs well on my Mac Mini, October 22, 2011
This review is from: Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT51264BC1339 (Personal Computers)

The RAM fits correctly and has noticeably improved the performance of my machine. Installation was a little tricky because of the confined working area inside the Mini's case. Eventually I got both sticks to fit into their slots and clipped down. Overall the install took less than five minutes -- nothing to sweat over. I booted into OS-X (Lion 10.7.1) without any issues and the 8 GB showed up in 'About This Mac' immediately.

I highly recommend this product, especially if you're a DIYer and want to save some money on your Mac Mini RAM upgrades.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2011 MacBook Pro 15" Memory Upgrade, March 30, 2011
A. Bojan (Costa Mesa, CA) - See all my reviews
Just installed this 8gb ram kit into a new 2011 MacBook Pro 15"; upgraded from the standard 4gb to 8gb with no compatibility problems. These module manufacturer labels matched the originals removed.
Writing this review just an hour after installation. So save the $100 from Apple upgrading your MacBook Pro ram and you still retained the 4gb as backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! My 27" iMac SCREAMS with this additional RAM added!, April 1, 2011
As usual, Crucial does not disappoint! I have never had a problem with any Crucial product. They are the best!

FYI, If you own a computer with one of the newest i3, i5, or i7 processors, you NEED extra RAM! The new Intel processors, while fast, are very RAM hungry! My previous iMac (a mid 2007 24" model with a 2.8Ghz Core2 Duo processor) only had 4GB of RAM (the max it takes), but did just fine. I never expected that a computer could ever possibly need more RAM than that.

But, after I loaded all the same programs onto my new 27" iMac with a 3.2Ghz i3 dual core processor (using Apple's migrate utility), I was shocked to find that it was running MUCH SLOWER than my old iMac, with the same amount of RAM installed as my old one (4GB)! I checked the Activity Monitor, and it turns out it was using up all the RAM (and then some) and then using virtual memory after that (you could always hear the internal hard drive spinning)

Fortunately, unlike the previous generation of iMacs, the new ones have 4 RAM slots instead of 2, and can take up to 16GB of RAM. Presently I am running mine with 12Gb (8GB from Crucial, added to the 4Gb that came from the factory) and WOW! What a difference! It is MUCH faster, and the hard drive isn't spinning all the time anymore!

According to the Activity Monitor my new iMac is actually using up 10 of those 12Gb right now, and I don't even have Photoshop open! I can't believe the new Macs use up so much RAM, but they sure seem to! It's not like I'm running any NASA mission control critical systems programs or anything! (Although I'd bet that 12GB of RAM is far more memory than was used by the ALL the computers at mission control during the first flight to the moon!) All I have running is Windows XP running on VMware Fusion (Which I have just increased the memory allocation from 1.5GB to 3GB), Microsoft Office (for Mac), Firefox, iTunes, iPhoto and a couple of games (that I only open 1 at a time). What the heck is it DOING with all that RAM??

Oh well, at least RAM today is very affordable and FAST! I think I may even buy another 8GB kit from Crucial at some point to replace the factory RAM, and take my iMac up to the maximum allocation of 16GB.

(Just to put things in perspective on how affordable RAM has become, in 1996 I purchased 1GB of RAM for my Power Macintosh 9500 (back when that was considered a huge and unimaginable amount of RAM) so that I could BLAZE through my Photoshop work at 10 times the speed, and the cost back then for that much RAM was $16,000!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly with 2011 15" MBP Pro and Mac Mini, September 19, 2011
Alan C. "Alan" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Ordered two kits - one for my 2011 15" MBP Pro (Core i7 2.2GHz) and one for 2011 Mac Mini (Core i5 2.5GHz). Installation was painless and both sets have been working flawlessly so far. I didn't order from Amazon as a small number of customers reported kernel panic issues so I wasn't sure if this would work with mine. Went to Crucial and ordered two sets as they guarantee compatibility with my 2011 MBP Pro and Mini. For some reasons they have two different part numbers but when I received the modules they both have the same material code "CT2KT51264BC1339". Therefore all 4 pieces of 4GB modules are identical as far as I can tell.

Should have ordered from Amazon as the price is a bit lower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant speed boost & battery life upgrade, September 28, 2011
Wow. Just installed this on my 2011 MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 i7 (takes five minutes) and the difference is incredible. The performance before and after was so drastic for me I'm surprised Apple didn't just include 8GB from the start. Applications launch almost immediately now. This is what I expected when I upgraded to the Sandy Bridge line. Before this RAM upgrade, I was considering investing in an SSD to remedy the poor performance I was experiencing. I had no idea $50 of RAM could double the speed of my computer!

Like other reviewers have mentioned, whenever I had checked Activity Monitor I was running low on RAM. In addition, because the integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card shares memory with the RAM (384MB), I found the computer almost always had to use the AMD Radeon 6750 1GB graphics card - a true power hog that will cut your battery life from 7 to 3 hours. Now that I have the additional RAM, the Intel card has 512MB of space to work with, and the computer is able to utilize it more (confirmed using iStat menus).

Now that RAM is so inexpensive, I would recommend paying the extra $5-10 or so for the Crucial brand. It's not worth taking any chances on cheap stuff.

Anyone who enjoys multitasking and browsing the internet should want this. Anyone who creates media on their computer NEEDS this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great with Dell Latitude E6510 with Intel Core i7, May 28, 2011
Punkin (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
Crucial memory has never disappointed me. Love their memories. Put them in and immediately recognized by the BIOS and the OS. My new laptop is Dell Latitude E6510 with Intel Core i7-740QM Quad Core 1.73GHz running on Windows 7 64-bit. It has been months now and I expect to run them great in the future, just like my 8 years old Dell Inspiron 9300.

At crucial, the part number is named as CT1232327. It is the same as this CT2KIT51264BC1339. They are alias to each other.

If your E6510 doesn't have i7 quad core, you should get PC3-8500 (DDR3 1066 mHz); otherwise, you won't get the full benefit speed from 1333mHz.

FYI, here are some information for crucial memory that can be used by Dell Latitude E6510:
DDR3 PC3-10600 (DDR3 1333mHz)
- Crucial Part Number: CT1232327 ( a.k.a. CT2KIT51264BC1339 - good for intel i7)

DDR3 PC3-8500 (DDR3 1066mHz)
- Crucial Part Number: CT1232335 ( a.k.a. CT2KIT51264BC1067 )

5.0 out of 5 stars 8GB Crucial Ram Kit for Mid 2011 Mac Mini i5, December 2, 2011
This Crucial 8GB ram kit was perfect. Took 6 business days to arrive (free shipping) and was packed well. It takes about 5 minutes to turn off your Mac, open the back cover, and pop in new ram chips. It's so simple anyone can do it, even if you have zero computer knowledge. Check out the $599 mac mini on the apple web site, and upgrade it to 8gb. Apple charges you a mind-boggling $300 for this. Get it done here for $30.

Initially I was disappointed with the performance of the Mac Mini, it had a difficult time opening multiple apps, and even opening iPhoto on it's own was a complete joke. Now, iPhoto opens with hundreds of raw size photos nearly instantly. Just how it should have been straight from Apple. Make sure you order the 10600 1333mhz variety for the new Mac Mini. The slower version of the ram 1066mhz is for last years model (2010).

5.0 out of 5 stars Working out well so far on my 2011 13" 2.3/i5, October 8, 2011
I have had crucial replacement RAMs on my other unibody Macbooks and they have never let me down so I trust the brand very well. I bought this for my new 13" 2011 2.3/i5 Macbook Pro. The allocated VRAM for the Intel HD 3000 GPU is now 512 MB, up from standard 384 MB. You can see it in the System Profiler. It does say in Apple.com that 2x2GB will yield 384 MB shared GPU RAM, but when upgraded to 2x4G, the shared memory also goes up to 512 MB, which is good. That's the only reason I bought to upgrade as I work on Lightroom 3 and Swift Publisher 2.

This is certainly not the brand or OEM RAM that came installed on my new Mac. Others have claimed otherwise. But it doesn't matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars 15" MacBook Pro Late 2011 Base Model, December 27, 2011
Nick (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
I refuse to pay $200 for a RAM upgrade period so after searching the web I came across this Crucial kit for $37. For that price I knew I had to go for it and I am glad I did.

This kit is amazing. With the stock 4GB I was regularly hitting 1GB or less while monitoring the usage and it felt very sluggish overall when opening Apps. While this is normal behavior of the 5400RPM drive(next upgrade is a 750GB Momentus drive) I knew the RAM was hurting me. I checked the usage to see that it was actually paging from time to time and that is just unacceptable. The only programs I run are Chrome, Coda, Pages, and a messenger or Textual from time to time. It was normal to see the icon bounce 2-3 times prior to opening and that just felt wrong.

I finally get my RAM sticks earlier today and the only con I can think of is I hate the packaging. It isn't a huge deal but those RAM sticks were REALLY in there... I mean good. I had to bend the package all up just to pop the stick out but I guess you could say that is a Pro since it is definitely secure.

When you get started you are going to have to find a tiny screwdriver... I had to use an eyeglass repair kit to find a proper screw driver size. I believe it is a Phillips #00 size but don't quote me on that.

KEEP TRACK OF THE SCREWS! They are super small and can be easily lost. They may be in there pretty good too with blue loctite. Try not to strip them.

Once the case is open installation is painless. The RAM modules in the MacBook Pro pop up on their own once you open the little tabs and go in and come out with no effort at all.

After the install it booted up faster, performs much better, icons bounce once and launch, and the internet even moves faster for me. Overall the machine is much better with 8GB of ram. You also increase the Intel 3000 integrated graphics from 384MB to 512MB in the process.

If you have a MacBook Pro I highly suggest this upgrade as well as a SSD or Hybrid drive. The performance is amazing for less than $40.

5.0 out of 5 stars great memory, December 12, 2011
Worked perfectly in my Acer AS5552-5898 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) upgrading to 8 gb has made it sooo much faster and the price was awesome!