5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good value
As a computer professional, I've purchased many Crucial Tech memory upgrades for a variety of machines, new and old, laptop and desktop. This particular product works like all others I've purchased from them: flawlessly. This is expected, since modern RAM chips are easy to produce and should rarely cause a buyer any trouble, regardless of the vendor.

However,...
Published on September 17, 2007 by Nick

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit for me.
I when I tried to put the new RAM in my Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook, it didn't fit. If you have an Acer Aspire One ZG5, consider [...] because they guarantee their products will work with your hardware or your money back. The stick shipped ok, arrived on time, and was in perfect condition when I opened it. It's hard to say any more on this since it didn't fit.
Published on July 16, 2010 by Wesley

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good value, September 17, 2007
Nick (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crucial Technology CT12864X335 1GB PC2700 DDR 333MHZ 200PIN SODIMM 2.5V CL2.5 Unbuffered Non-ECC Upgrade Memory Module (Personal Computers)

However, Crucial earns its five-star review (which I'm stingy at giving out) because of their excellent web site that helps buyers navigate the complexities of buying the right memory upgrade for their system. Use their web-based wizard to determine exactly what product you need, then buy it here at Amazon where the prices are invariably better.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, July 17, 2007
C. Bruce (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
i have a powerbook G4 1.5 GHZ and this is exactly what i needed. its working great so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just like I wanted, January 15, 2006
I put this in my Dell inspiron and it instantly recognized it. I went throught the whole should I order the memory from Dell thing. Kingston or PNY etc. Finally just bought this and am totally satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ended my random shutdown misery, November 1, 2006
I replaced my 1GB and 512MB Corsair Value Ram sticks with these Crucial 1GB sticks in my HP ZD7188cl notebook.

With my previous RAM, my system would shutdown randomly and without warning. The sticks were the same brand, just different capacities. It was infuriating when in the middle of working on a document, or on the web. I even swapped the sticks in the slots, but I still had the same problem. I just never knew when the shutdown problem would strike next. Even when I wasn't running any applications, or if I was out of the room, it would shut down. It wasn't a system stress issue.

I had to pull the 512MB stick out and live with 1GB of RAM to have a stable system. This has worked flawlessly for the six months since I tried it. The 512MB worked fine with the HP 256MB RAM that came with the system, but 768MB just wasn't enough for what I do. Something was going on, but I could not duplicate the problem or pinpoint the flaw.

Now I have 2GB of Crucial RAM and it hasn't tripped once. I also upgraded the 4200 RPM 80GB Toshiba HD with a Seagate 7200 RPM 100GB HD (see my review). The 3.2GHz P4 has always been a trooper, but the RAM and HD held it back. Now it's like having a new system.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC2700 ram replaces discontinued PC2100!!, January 5, 2010
I purchased this ram to max out my iBook G4 1ghz.
I had e-mailed Crucial about the compatibility of this ram with my iBook. [...] and many other sites listed the proper ram for my iBook to be 200 pin PC2100 SODIMM. When I used their compatibility tool, it kept taking me to PC2700 so I wanted to make sure this would work for me. BTW, my iBook is the "early 2004" edition. Later iBooks use PC2700 from the start.
Crucial wrote me back promptly and told me that PC2100 is no longer produced and assured me that the PC2700 is the 100% compatible replacement.
I just wanted to share this information in case anyone else with the same iBook is wondering if this will work for them.
I ordered overnight shipping and Amazon came through (as always). It was well packaged/protected. I installed it easily myself, with no issues whatsoever. It was recognized on the first boot. The price is right as well! I'd looked at Best Buy and the least expensive compatible ram was $69.99. I have heard that Crucial is highly recommended by Apple and Mac users so I feel confident using it in my computer and know it will help my resale value in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for iBook G4 1.33 GHz, August 29, 2009
It works with my wife's iBook G4 1.33 GHz that originally came with only 512 MB memory.

My wife typically opens several apps in background, and iBook used to crawl when switching between different apps (access harddrive, wait, wait, wait, access harddrive, access harddrive, waaaaaaaait, ad infinitum).

With this additional memory (1 GB + 512 MB = 1.5 GB total now), switching apps is much snappier than before. No, we didn't perform any scientific measurements, but both I and my wife immediately tell the difference.

We're happy about the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my Powerbook, September 19, 2006
I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work in my Powerbook 12", 1.5Ghz but it worked immediately and installation was a complete breeze. Compared to what Apple charges for their Samsung RAM ( they don;t make it themselves after all) I saved well over $100.

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal., July 12, 2008
Alberto M. Vasquez (buenos aires, -- Argentina) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these to boost my old Mac PowerBook G4 (15", 1.5GHz). They worked like a charm, it can now smoothly handle the latest Leopard Mac OS, as well as many applications simultaneously. I've had them working for 1 month now, and had zero problems. When I bought them, the Amazon price (about 50 bucks each) for these new RAM modules was almost half the price offered by the manufacturer's website. The service was superb, for 7 bucks I had them in my office (in USA) less than 48 hs latter. Be careful to select the right RAM for your particular model (mine is Aluminium, 15" screen and 1.5GHz), there are many on-line services that let you find out that.

4.0 out of 5 stars not as represented in image: 2 rank instead of 1 rank, July 25, 2013
edit October 2013:
Since install and laptop usage requiring maxed use of ram have suffered several bsod under winXP, and some crashes running livedvd Linux Mint. Replaced piece with 1 rank to eliminate crucial induced controller mismatch.

Ordered a "1 rank" module but received "2 rank" module. This uses a greater number of chips usually of lesser quality- or density to reduce cost. If I had wanted a "2 rank" module I would have purchased one.

The image at the time of purchase here (and on crucial dot com) shows one row of chips on the visible side. A 2 rank module has 2 ROWS of chips instead of 1 ROW.

Fortunately it does appear to function in the OLDer laptop for which it was purchased. Hopefully there will be no controller gotchas waiting down the line.

This module does use Micron chips. It is a double sided, 2 rank module.

Micron is the only memory manufacturer based in the USA: Idaho. Samsung and Hynix, the number 1 and number 2 largest manufacturer of dram respectively, both hail from South Korea.

If you don't mind "2 rank" or your system has controllers made with this possibility in mind and don't care the chips won't be samsung or micron consider the less costly:

Patriot Signature 1 GB SODIMM PC-2700 DDR-333 Memory Module -PSD1G33316S

That patriot module uses Nanya chips. Patriot might have used Elpida but since Micron acquired Elpida we might not see Elpida branded chips in the future. Micron now might be the 3rd largest dram manufacturer.

Whatever chips Crucial opts to use I hope they'll be a bit more honest with product representation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertized!, October 18, 2007
Sam (Montpelier, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I added this memory card to my Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook and it works flawlessly. The computer recognized it immediately and I am now enjoying the additional speed and function that the RAM provides.