Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on July 27, 2008
I've been using Crucial memory in my notebook and desktop computers for years because Crucial memory is very reliable and remains one of the true "plug 'n play" products on the market. I purchased two 4GB kits to expand my desktop computer to 8GB to give me a little more headway to run Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 in a virtual machine on my host running Windows Vista x64.

Although Crucial PC2-6400 DDR2 memory is not the absolute fastest memory available, it is significantly cheaper than the "Extreme" varieties and offers plenty of speed for most demanding applications (image editing, movie editing, software development, etc.). Windows Vista x64 gives this memory a rating of 5.7, which is very near the top of the scale in the current rating system.
on July 28, 2010
I recently installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7 on my CPU, enabling me to go from 4 gigs of RAM to 8. I researched what memory would work best with my current hardware configuration, and came across Crucial's 4GB memory set. It's solid, easy to install, compatible with everything I have running (which is a sort of Frankenstein configuration), and has sped my computer up considerably. I am quite pleased with this product and feel it's reasonably priced.
on September 13, 2011
I bought this ram for my Dell XPS 420. I am running virtual machines for my college courses and the three gigs I had did not cut it. The XPS Book states you can only have up to 4 gigs, but I took a chance based on info from other forums and bought this 8 gig kit. Opened my case, popped out the old, popped in the new, and was done. Booted up my 64-bit Windows 7 and the RAM was detected. Computer has been running non-stop and the memory has performed flawlessly. No complaints at all!
on October 12, 2011
If your PC is slowing down with larger files or more complex applications/programs/large photo files/etc., then the quickest and most cost-effective way to improve performance is to increase the amount of internal RAM in your computer. Don't just add 1GB, go for a LARGE increase and you will be very satisfied. Check your computer's specs for how much RAM you can use. Depending upon the operating system or motherboard, you might be limited to only 4GB while others might be able to use 8GB. So Google to find your computer's memory capacity.

Be aware that most pc's are shipped with smaller capacity memory cards installed in ALL of the slots (usually 4) so don't count on using what you have installed ('cause you're going to have to discard some of that to make room for the newer, larger capacity memory boards you are adding); rather, consider using all four slots with new memory. That is, say you have 1GB of RAM now. It is probably made up of four (4) 256MB cards that take up all of the slots. So, if you want to go to 4GB you cannot order 3GB of additional memory because there will be no slots to use. Instead, order four (4) 1GB memory cards, remove the four cards that are in there now and install the new cards in the four slots.

Installation is a breeze - you can do it. Remember to unplug the PC power cord from the back of your computer or from the wall socket BEFORE you start. Then, before you open the computer case, touch a metal part of the case so that there is no buildup of static electricity on you. If you have some static it can harm the memory chips when you touch them.

Everything was flawless; selection, ordering, shipping, delivery.
on April 14, 2010
This item works perfectly in my HP PC. I bought two sticks previously, and figured I should buy two more for a matching set, and 8-GIGS of RAM....BIG help with my Photoshop Speed!!

Not a single regret!!!
on June 19, 2010
I was looking to upgrade (speed-up) our Dell Dimension E520 PC running XP at work and the manual indicated the necessity for installing new memory modules in pairs. I bought this 2 x 1GB memory kit hoping it would fit the bill. I wasn't really concerned about cost, but this kit was EXTREMELY cost-effective.

I installed the memory this afternoon, and it worked without a hitch.

Great product Crucial!

Wonderful, speedy service from Amazon, too (as usual).
on September 17, 2010
My 7-year-old XP was continually running slow and freezing up in spite of considerable maintenance with anti-virus, malware, optimization and registry fix software. My memory meter was always running low. I was concerned about spending money not knowing if the RAM would fix my problems but it did. Now it boots up quickly and never gives me any problems like I had before. VERY HAPPPY.
on September 28, 2015
This memory was fairly pricey, but it is legacy DDR2 memory for a 2010 computer so it can't be helped. I knew Crucial had a good reputation, and I never take chances on the quality of memory. I always bought Kingston before but they didn't have my desktop memory in 800 MHz, so I bought the Crucial. I have had no problems. I'll definitely buy Crucial again when I get a new computer.
on October 8, 2015
This memory performed as expected, and solved a problem for me. I had 4 gigs of memory in my Windows 7 machine, but I began getting memory errors about a year ago. The 4 gigs was in two 2-gig pieces, but they were from 2 different manufacturers. I finally found time to do some testing. What I determined was that either 2-gig piece would run fine alone, but together they created an error. From that I concluded that I had an incompatibility issue trying to run memory from 2 different manufacturers. I decided to solve the problem by buying and installing 2 identical pieces of memory. I did that and the problem went away.
on June 14, 2010
Our secretary has a Dell Dimension 4700 Plain Jane PC with 512Mb of RAM running Windows XP. She complained that it was slowing down so to keep her happy I pulled out the specs to see what was required for an upgrade. The Dell part number for a 1 GB memory module was A0735470 (aka SNPXG700C/1G). Dell's listed price was $42.99 plus S&H. An online search identified the Crucial Technology part as being equivalent at $25.83 with free S&H from Amazon. My first try at installation squeezed underneath her desk with bad lighting didn't take so I tried repositioning the card again and I finally got it snapped in correctly. After a reboot she was back in business with 1.5 GB of RAM. Total time may have been 10 or 15 minutes.