Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crumbs on the Stairs - Migas en las escaleras: A Mystery (in English & Spanish) (Mini Mysteries for Minors)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 27, 2012
Purchased this book hoping to help my kids 'warm up' to learning Spanish. It actually made ME want to learn because the technique was so engaging and effective.

This author's approach removes the fear out of learning a new language. He obviously has a gift with language and cleverly plays with words in both Spanish and English throughout the story. The pairing of Spanish and English side by side keeps the reader grounded while also authentically experiencing the foreign language. (In my experience, at least half of the challenge of learning a new language is the feeling of bewilderment which is absent with this type of learning.) This very approachable mystery picture book draws you in and teaches you by stealth!

The beauty of this book is that it opened my mind to learning in multiple new ways through a simple yet stimulating layout. Keep 'em coming, Karl!
on February 26, 2011
My daughter absolutely loves this book! First time I ever read to her she was 5 years old, she is 7 now and she still loves reading it, especially the words in spanish. The book is so fun and colorful. I would totally recommend it to anyone. Karl Beckstrand is such an amazing writer... I have read his other books also... they are all really cool! My absolute favorite is Anna's Prayer... makes me cry every time... tears of joy of course:)
on October 18, 2007
This is an excellent book full of color and creativity. Our daughters love this book so much that we give it as gifts. Their eyes lit up when they saw both English and Spanish. We would like to have more books of this kind for our children. Our eldest child (9) says, "It is an amazing fun book." Our youngest (7) says, "I like it!" - Jan Wood
on September 8, 2007
This is an adorable mystery book for children of all ages. A delightful story and wonderfully illustrated. We are using it to expose our children to Spanish, but it would be excellent for students learning English as a second language. A rare find in childrens literature. We look forward to more books from this author.
on May 28, 2013
I was looking for a book that would have some more meat to it. My family is able to catch the meaning in basic Spanish sentences so I had hoped that this would sharpen those skills. It was too simplisitic for us. Very few words and the Spanish translation was right on the page with the short phrase or sentence. Again, I am looking for something that would be a short paragraph in Spanish. Then the translation following.

I liked the layout of the book and the pictures.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
What better gift for a child than the gift of reading -- unless it's the gift of multi-lingual reading. Karl Beckstrand's children's books are a wonderful way to give two gifts in one very appealing package. Whether you have young nieces, nephews, children of your own or want to "gift" your local elementary school library -- this book is a perfect choice.
on September 18, 2013
As an author of children's books, I read lots of books written for children. I know kids love rhyming words and this entire books is a delightful play on words that rhyme with "stair." But, the book is more than a play with words. It is a mystery for the very young during which they wonder "Why are there crumbs 'everywhere?' It has a satisfying twist at its end. The fact that it is written in Spanish as well as English is a plus. My next door neighbor's grandparents came to the United States from Spain. Not only does she speak Spanish, she is teaching her children Spanish. I excitedly shared it with her, but she had already purchased the book for her children. No real surprise.
on March 23, 2011
I enjoyed reading this book and have used it in my classroom. I have read several books by the author and have enjoyed each and every one of them. The pictures are super adorable and the fact that is has both Spanish and English is helpful for my students as they are learning Spanish. Keep writing books like these, please!
on January 14, 2011
Love the book, the author does a great job of teaching Spanish throughout the book. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
on February 23, 2011
Karl writes in a fun manner and since this book is in both English and Spanish, you can help expand the child's horizons by giving a little Spanish teaching, while making it fun.
This is a great way to re-inforce a child who is learning Spanish in school.