Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crumpler The Karachi Outpost Gear Carrier-M KO-02-01B
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 6, 2011
I haven't taken it out for an event yet, but I was able to pack all of my camera gear into the bag.

I had to rip out most of the compartments, but I was able to squeeze in my 50D, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/4, 50 f/1.4, flash, lens hoods, charger all in the camera compartment. Not much room to spare. The lower portion of the bag is not as usable for equipment, except for stuff that you wouldn't go for often, not too accessible.

The notebook fits a 15" as described with some other compartments for misc camera/laptop accessories.

You do have to completely take off the bag, uncurl the straps around the bag and then unzip for your equipment. Definitely not for accessibility, but your stuff is definitely secure from the random person reaching into your bag. Not many compartments outside the bag, maybe for some paper on the left and right side.

Update: 2012-01-16
I took this on a trip last year overseas and this bag was perfect. Doesn't look like a camera bag so it was definitely inconspicuous. I do have to say that it's inconvenient to open and close on the move, but when on the ground everything is accessible. When i fully packed it with my laptop and camera gear, it was hard to close the bag because it was filled up. It would be nice to have pockets for other stuff, or even a water bottle as reviews have mentioned in other areas. The side pockets are useless, doesn't really fit anything, except paper.
on January 27, 2013
Crumpler makes great bags, I own two this being my second. It easily held all my gear for a trip to Yellowstone last summer (though I did have to remove my battery grip for it to fit). It's very comfortable to wear and I plan on taking it with me to Chicago this summer. The only thing keeping it from earning a fifth star is that when the bag is stuffed to the brim with gear, the side pouches are difficult to get into. Don't hesitate to buy this bag!
on February 10, 2013
It a great bag when one wants to travel with a laptop and camera gears. It is safe and well organize.
on April 25, 2014
Big Bag but it holds everything you need. body plsu 3-4 lenses and a travel size tripod. I have taken this everywhere with me. The only thing I don't like how I have to unzip all the way to un velcro the laptop pouch, to get my laptop. If I had things on the inside, outside the zipper mesh container, things can fall out.

Lack of pockets was also a thing I found annoying as well. Once this bag is filled up, the side pockets are rendered useless as teh contents squeeze the side pocks so much, you can barely get your hand in there to get to the bottom of the bad.

I'm still looking for that perfect camera bag for long trips but this one is great for the hiking trip. carry 1-2 lenses, body, and clothes. (travel tripod on the outside this tiee, as opposed to it being on the inside when i wrote about it above.
on December 12, 2014
I searched to find one of these bags at the right price for 3 years.
Last month I found an 'as new' on a photographic trade site and snapped it up.
This is a great bag for carry camera gear or as an everyday day pack and excellent for traveling.
I am very 'attached' to my go anywhere Crumpler satchel.
Am now growing very attached to my Crumpler Karachi Outpost which performs to my expectation and more!
If you arr looking for a rugged, well made backpack for camera gear or as a day/travel pack you cannot go past this bag.
Yes, they are expensive to buy new and very scare to find on 2nd hand market but well worth the outlay or the wait.
on October 26, 2014
My carry all camera bag for a prosumer
on October 11, 2014
this camera bag is very good,i like it
this bag add 1 camera kit.some lens