Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2012
I have been searching for the perfect camera backpack for a while and this one is almost perfect. I currently carry around a Canon 5D MIII, 15mm Fisheye, TS/E-17mm, 16-35 L, 24-70 2.8 L, 40 pancake , 50 L, 70-200 2.8 L IS, Macbook Pro 13", iPad, lens hoods, flash, batteries, cards and other gear WITH EASE. This is a lot of gear to carry around and it does an excellent job of distributing the weight and being low key. Tripod mounts easy and securely, and it opens from the back for more security.

With the ability to carry this much gear, my only design wish would be to add a rainfly. I purchased mine in a Crumpler store and the sales person stated that it was designed to be weather resistant without a rainfly, and it most likely is, but I'd still prefer to have one.
on March 5, 2014
The backpack looks big enough to hold a few bodies and lenses. Wrong! I had a tough time fitting a 5D MK III; 50mm f/1.2; 17-40 f/4; and a little pancake 40mm f/2.8. No room for a flash.

I gave it one start because I do like the way it zips against your back, so you have to take it off to gain entry, but thats about it. This version went out of style a few years back, the new version is much better, Buy new stock, this older version is absolute garbage.
on February 3, 2014
I was originally excited to be getting this bag...but was very disappointed at it's size. It can only hold 1 body and 3 L series Lenses (24-70 II, 24-105, 17-40). Throw in a couple of filters and the bag is overflowing. Overall I like the bag, I just wish it were roomier. Oh well, another bag for the bag shelf I guess.
on September 30, 2013
Got this for my partner, just unaware so far, it's a gift. it will happily fit all camera equipment and her sony viao z. We travel often mostly Australia to the USA and MN in particular. Great secure carry on for plane. Thief proof when on or over shoulder, and distributes weight really well. Crumpler is no longer making this version of the karachi, so if it fits your needs and you can find it, get it.
on November 12, 2013
Love, love, love this bag. Been using it with my Nikon D800 w/ grip and 24-70 f/2.8 attached along with a 50mm f/1.8 and 16-35 f/4. On trips, I can throw in a Nexus 10 in the laptop slot with no issue as well. Personally, I like the zipper location as I can be confident that thieves can't go snooping around in the main compartment as long as I'm wearing the bag. It does make things a little more difficult to access if you're trying to do so while also walking around, but it's worth it to me for the additional security. The rainproofing does seem to work pretty well. I've been caught in a couple of nasty storms with and without an umbrella and upon further inspection, none of the internal components of the bag have felt damp let alone my cameras. Overall, just a fantastic, normal looking bag
on May 28, 2014
I have had this bag for about a month now; I purchased this bag at a discounted rate because the model I purchased was a floor model. I haven't used it that much as of yet. I only have a Canon Rebel XSI with a kit lens and a 70-300 lens (light weight gear), but already the handle has ripped off. I guess the floor model got a lot of attention at the store selling it. Otherwise, the bag is great.
on September 3, 2012
I like this Crumpler. It met all my expectations. What I like most is that when I'm not using the camera I can take the inner bag out and use the Crumpler as a regular day backpack.
on January 22, 2013
Loving it, it's small and functional a great bag for on the go. Love that I can modify the bag to carry components I need when I need.

See 1 answered question