Published on February 2, 2008 by Kimberly Hough

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting snack
Published on June 23, 2006 by Lantana Al

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting snack, June 23, 2006
This review is from: Crunchies Freeze-Dried Fruit Snack, Tropical Fruit, 1.5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I like this snack, though it is not without its negatives. First, it is expensive... but then again it is suppose to be healthy, so that's a plus that makes up for some of the expense. Also, it seems like a good snack for kids. However, sometimes there is an unpleasant flavor with the "Tropical Fruit" flavor. It is not pleasant when you get a bad piece of dried fruit in your mouth. I also tried the "Organic Strawberries" and like those better, probably giving them a 4 out of 5. The strawberries are good to eat with dark chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Calorie, Nutritious and DELICIOUS...what more could you want?, February 2, 2008
I was at Costco one fine Saturday afternoon when they were handing out samples of the Mixed Fruit Crunchies. I was immediately struck by how flavorful they are! Crunchy, and crisp, not leathery like most dried fruit. On their own they are a fun snack for kids and adults alike. I've also discovered that they make great flavoring agents for frostings, truffles, cakes, etc. I used a mortar and pestle to turn, for example, the strawberry Crunchies into a powder, then used that for the Triple Berry tea loaves and the Strawberries & Cream truffles I made during the holidays. The intense, refreshing, true fruit flavor is what I love about these. And the crunch, but then I'm a texture person!
p.s. the other reviewer: It's the banana crunchies you think aren't good, I would bet money on it. My daughter doesn't like them either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Nutritious!, April 2, 2008
I've bought many packs of various types of the Crunchies brand dried fruit and they are all excelent in my oppinion. This type of Crunchies is quite 'crunchy' and I like to sprinkle these on my brakefast cereal in the mornings. Plan to buy more of these delicious Crunchies brand snacks in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, February 27, 2014
I love these, one problem I forgot to mention in my other review of their product. I ordered 20 a month. but instead, i got,
a giant box with only 7 then the next day 5, saying the order was fulfilled. Same with this order. why didn't they just send the 20 in the box? it was a waste of shipping, packing, boxes. The product though is great, it's wonderful and I love them.
But please when a person orders 20 a month. send 20 in one box each month.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty But Not Much Variety, February 11, 2014
Nicole Peterson (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) - See all my reviews
I got the tropical fruit mix, but "mix" is a bit of a stretch - there's maybe 4 pieces that are not strawberries, otherwise it is ALL strawberries. Hopefully I just got a bad batch, but 2 of the 6 bags so far are 99% strawberries. They taste good, but I want a variety!

1.0 out of 5 stars Blah!, August 3, 2013
Remember the astronaut ice cream that you could get at museum gift shops?
Now take that odd, airy texture and weird flavor and put it to dry fruit.
Yeah, it's that bad...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Variety, June 13, 2014
This is my favorite of them all! The tropical mixture is so good I would recommend it to everyone! This is a "must" try.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tropical fruit not so good!!, May 19, 2014
Didn't care for the tropical fruit. Won't be ordering it again, real hard and bulky, flavor was not on the mark

3.0 out of 5 stars Good taste but the tropical fruit was mostly strawberries, April 12, 2014
alligatorsmith (Murfreesboro, TN United States) - See all my reviews
Tried these out, so I could take tropical fruit to the office as a snack. I liked the two pieces of mango and the strawberries, but it was all strawberries and just the two pieces of mango and nothing else. I'll try taking cans instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and healthy snack, March 8, 2014
The best price and the best quality. The healthiest snack you can be addictive without any guilt. Enjoy eating and enjoy being healthy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›