Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 23, 2013
If you enjoyed the base version and are looking for a little more, this is a great game. If you've ever looked at all those Muslim Sultanates and Emirates and wished that you could control one, well, now you can. And it isn't just Catholicism wrapped in a different package, it has all new events, options, and gameplay styles unlocked for the Muslim nations.
on February 19, 2015
Excellent content is to be had here. It unlocks a wealth of content for one of my favorite games. Playing as an islamic state provides unique gameplay mechanics that cant be replicated by the other religions within the game. Nothing like conquesting as a Sheik!
on June 25, 2013
This DLC adds a lot to the game by simply enabling us to play one third of previously unplayable characters.

The only downside is that it would be nice to have a few more new game mechanics.
on September 8, 2013
Excellent game, quick download through Steam code. Always look out for Amazon deals, they are sometimes better than Steam sales!
on June 29, 2013
Islamic nations can be hard to play, but when you get going and into western Europe its a slaughter with your holy casus belli
on August 25, 2014
Crusader Kings II is an awesome game and any DLC is well worth it.
on September 5, 2012
The more I play Crusader Kings, the more I find myself thinking that the programmers think themselves entirely too clever. This DLC definitely helped dramatize that for me.

The truth was that I found that this didn't add as much as I expected. With this expansion you can now play nations that start with an "Islamic" government. These nations operate under slightly different rules (such as receiving a prestige penalty for not having multiple wives.)

But after you get around the few new quirks, the game is much the same. Through a combination of alliances, military actions and patience you are attempting to take your ruler's dynasty and make them rulers over as much of hte world as possible.

I found this fun, but only for a while. In the end this DLC was not a huge boost to the playability of hte game, so I'm sticking with 3 stars. Overall the game is fun, but in solo play it doesn't really keep ones attention for very long.

(I cannot speak on the multi-player aspects because I avoid online play.)
on September 9, 2012
I buy the DLC pretty often when I find a game from Paradox I love. So Crusader Kings II was no exception. The songs add a little more ambiance to the game and it goes to a great cause.