5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant romantic adventure :)
OK, to be perfectly and completely honest, I wasn't expecting to like this as much as Lacey Weatherford's Of Witches and Warlocks series. So far I've loved everything she's ever written, but I generally prefer fantasy to contemporary. So, I expected to love it, just not quite as much. Hah. I was wrong. This is probably Lacey's best novel yet.

For characters,...
Published 21 months ago by Lieder Madchen

3.0 out of 5 stars No steamy scenes
This is a nice story for a teenage girl. I pretty much had the mystery figured out before any mystery really started. It kind of reminded me of a Scooby Doo episode. With the abandoned "haunted" theater with the odd smells and weird noises. Still yet, the author chose to saddle both of the main characters with impressive morals which makes this book great for wayward...
Published 5 months ago by Jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant romantic adventure :), October 20, 2012
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)

For characters, you have sweet, thoughtful Cami, mysterious, troubled Hunter and geeky, unsettling Clay. I really loved Cami. She's very kind and naive to the point of obliviousness at times, but there's a fierce stubborn streak that only comes out when you push her a little too far.

I thought upon first meeting him that I wasn't going to like Hunter much. He has issues like you wouldn't believe, including drug use and drinking. Despite that, you can't help but like him. He makes you laugh, he makes you sad, he makes you want to hit him upside the head in frustration, but most of all, you want to discover his secret. I came up with all sorts of theories with everything from, oh no, he's a vampire! to, hmm, is he in witness protection?

Clay is a fantastically written character. He's been Cami's best friend forever, but now he wants to be more. From the first scene with him, he gave me the shivers. The, oh dear, this is going to be sooo messy kind of shiver.

The first half of the book is mostly about Cami, though the POV alternates with Hunter. The plot moves at a marvelous pace, growing in suspense even as the focus shifts over to Hunter for the second half. And then that ending! So. Freaking. Awesome. It just pounces on you, and you think, so that's what was going on! It all makes sense now! I wanted to cheer, but it was ridiculously early in the morning and I didn't want to wake anybody up.

Whether or not you've read Lacey's other books, whether or not you like contemporary YA, you'll like Crush. It was fun, serious and adventurous all at once.

I received an advance e-copy from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. Thanks, Lacey!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weatherford rocks the romance!, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
Opposites attract in this latest novel from bestselling author Lacey Weatherford.

Cami Wimberley is the quiet, laid back, no nonsense good girl. Perfectly happy living her insanely normal life, being almost invisible as she finishes her senior year preparing for college. Hunter Wilder redefines the term bad boy with his smoldering good looks, charm and charisma. Polar opposite of Cami, he prefers the party animal life style, and is known at school as the ladies man. When these two collide sparks will fly.

Weatherford goes back and forth showing us both Cami and Hunter's POV throughout, managing to maintain the viability of the story and keeping Hunter's secret's right to the very end. Weaving a tale of drama and suspense as we watch the relationship between Cami and Hunter grow, and as hard as Hunter works to keep his secrets Cami works at unraveling them. Obsession leads to deception as love, jealousy and betrayal collide leaving us with a jaw dropping revelation at the end. Will Hunter's secrets ultimately tear him and Cami apart, or bring them closer together.

Weatherford has a distinctive writing style with the ability to create storylines with depth and realism; her characters are real, believable and relatable. If her name is on a book I immediately want to read it, regardless! Crush is yet another success for the amazing author, I was very sad when I got to the end I just wasn't ready for the story to end.

I give this one 5/5 guys, but that's just my two cents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This YA Novel, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
I am a late comer to this book, for some reason I thought it was a paranormal novel which I am not really into anymore. My friend recommended it as the second one is out now also. Glad she did, I thought it was an excellent read!

While I am not a huge fan of the YA genre either, if they are written well, as this one was, I enjoy them. I am also a fan of Lacey Weatherford's Chasing Nikki series.

Cami is considered a nerd at her high school, albeit a beautiful one, but a nerd none the less. She studies hard and has and after school job at a movie theater, so she has no room for dating, not that boys are knocking her door down for that anyway. Cami is best friends with Clay another nerdy-type student who has known her since they were five years old and also works at the theater after school with her.

Hunter Wilder is just like is name, wild. He drinks, does drugs, drives a flashy car and could care less about school, until he sees Cami. Hunter has a lot of secrets, ones that can never get out or his reputation will be ruined. He avoids the girlfriend route to prevent this from happening.

As much as he wants to not want Cami, Hunter does and bad. They keep ending up at the same place and same time and finally have to reveal they just might have some feelings for each other. As much as Cami wants this with Hunter, Clay doesn't. He knows Hunter's reputation and that it will eventually cause Cami nothing but heartbreak. Plus it is getting harder and harder for Hunter to keep his secrets safe from Cami as she wants to get to know him better.

Along with a budding romance, this book has some nice twists and turns in it. I will admit I had it figured out before the reveal, but still thought it was written well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book!, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! Hunter is sexy, sweet, popular and not what he seems. Cami is sweet, innocent and thinks herself a nerd. Clay, Cami's best friend is not what he seems either. Follow Cami's journey in finding love, secrets and betrayal!

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, June 26, 2013
Amazon Customer (Brownsville, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
Wow I liked the storyline. It hooked me since the beginning and the ending was so unexpected. A great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Hunter, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
I could use a Hunter any day. You gotta love him... smooth talker, protector and some very delicious eye candy according to Cami.. Hopefully we can be given another book as a follow up.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great YA read..., June 28, 2013
**4 out of 5 Stars**

Read my full review at [...]

This is a cute little book. The writing style is easy to follow and there aren't any errors. The characters are lovable for the most part and the plot is enjoyable. There is enough mystery and angst to hold an older audience captive...likes me. I'm 30 and it's YA so I was a little worried but it was fine.

Cali is a nerd by all standards in her high school...more nerd by association though. She's beautiful with long red, curly hair, perfect skin, a curvy but slender body. She's perfect. She's 17 and finishing up her senior year of high school. She's the girl all boys want to date but because of her social status no one asks her.

Hunter is the bad boy. He just moved to town a few months ago. He quickly climbs the social ladder but all in the wrong ways. He likes his parties, his alcohol and his drugs. He's not looking for a relationship of any kind and he's got a secret. A really big secret. He's got black hair, brown eyes and a perfect smile. He's the guy every girl wants and every guy wants to be.

Cali and Hunter meet at school. She's not his type and he's not hers. For some reason they are both crushing on each other. He tries to stay away but can't. The problem is, he has a secret that may destroy any chance he has with the girl. What do you do when everything about yourself is a lie? Can you make everything right once the truth comes out or should you walk away before you hurt the girl you're falling for?

For this to be YA, it really kept my attention. I enjoyed it. It has a 21 Jump Street feel to it. It was a good book. It was a little immature for my taste at times but it kept me interested. I give it 4 stars. I'm looking forward to Smitten since it will be college based.

5.0 out of 5 stars lalaloved!!!, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
I loved it!!! I cat say I was surprised at the end. I kind of knew what was going on from the beginning!!! It kind of sucked knowing but I went along with it and loved it!!!! I will definitely read more from this author!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly unexpected, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
This was an amazingly unexpected story about an undercover cop playing a high school student trying to take down the drug ring in a high school. Hunter falls for Cami the moment he lays eyes on her. He has to know her. As he lies to her daily to keep from blowing his cover they fall deeply in love. She is a minor and he wants so badly to be with her. Will do whatever it takes to protect her even if it means risking his life and career. Turns out her nerdy best friend clay is selling drugs and has murdered before to keep guys interested in Cami away from her. Hunter discovers the truth and is shot by clay in the process. Clay is killed by cops protecting Hunter. He is down off in critical condition to a hospital. Cami has no way to contact him and he us ordered by a judge to stay away from her pending investigation until her 18th birthday. On her birthday weeks later he comes to her to beg forgiveness. She still loves Hunter deeply. She takes him back on the condition he will be completely honest from now on. Great story of love, suspense, and secrets. Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story but predictable., June 26, 2013
This review is from: Crush (Kindle Edition)
I love a good romantic novel laced with suspense and danger and Crush is all that and more. Perfectly paced and plotted.

So I started this book WITH FULL Knowledge of Hunters "Secret" from a Spoiler a reviewer made,well actually that was their review! SPOILER Blah Blah revile Hunters Secret!

So it really kind of ruined that for me.But I think I would have figured that out pretty early on in the book anyways.Actually I figured out pretty much the whole book and what was going on by about oh a 1/4 of the way in. When Clay makes his big transformation from Total GEEK to stylish and trendy,to talking about buying a new car.Yeah I was pretty sure I knew what was going on.It only got confirmed when it is actually hinted toward later in the book.

Hunters Cryptic POVs were interesting,maybe I wouldnt have figured it all out had I NOT known his secret before starting the book.
It was a good book,deals with some real Issues but it was a bit Juvenile and predictable.Plenty of Romance and Mystery thats for sure.although the romance scenes are really on the "clean" side so its really a clean romantic mystery.WIth a HUGE creep factor.

I Liked Cami,she is a level headed girl thats thinks for herself and not what everyone tells her she should be thinking or doing.I thought she was pretty ...I want to say Nieve to the seriousness of Clay but that just doesnt fit either,actually it was the only part of the book I thought wasnt totally believable.

Ok Because I dont want to start spilling "secrets" Im going to stop now.Its a good sweet romantic book.witha bit of Mystery and creepyness.And even though I figured out the situation pretty early on the ending was a Great suprise,one that left me with a smile on my face.

So It gets 4 stars for a pretty awesome ending and for well a FANTASTIC HOT Cover!

Crush