5.0 out of 5 stars Great large capacity USB drive at a good price
Published on February 12, 2012 by Bron

1.0 out of 5 stars Big and SLOW
There's not much else to say. The capacity is good, but reading from it is painfully slow and writing to it is even worse. Your hair will turn gray waiting for your files to copy. I have a 4GB Kingston that is much, much faster.

Published on April 30, 2012 by Just another reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great large capacity USB drive at a good price, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Cruzer SDCZ36-064G-A11 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
This was one of the better priced 64 GB USB thumb-drives I could find. It is a nice design. The USB connector slides out easily with a thumb press and locks in place. After removing, a gentle press and it slides back in for protection. No cover or cap to lose. The unit seems solid enough (plastic). It has worked well, not the fastest or slowest I've tried, about average. I have had good luck with Sandisk Cruzer drives over the years, so hopefully this one is of equal quality. In this size, it would be nice if USB 3.0 were supported, but I knew when purchasing that this was 2.0, so no issues there.

It has worked well on several different laptops and it is very convenient to have a fairly large capacity (59.6 GB formatted as FAT32) available. Very useful to transfer files between systems or even for quick backups of critical data (which you can transfer to a hard drive later).

I have not tried the supplied software (for encryption and portable software support) as I use these primarily for quick storage and file transfer. In general, I just backup the software (in case I want to try it later) and remove it. In the past, it has usually worked fine, just not something I need.

At about a dollar per GB, I think this drive is a good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars great flash drive, May 1, 2012
John (NY United States) - See all my reviews
this comes in handy for sharing pictures and videos with other family members 64 gb holds a lot in a small portable device

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow but Huge & Cheap!, March 13, 2012
J. Ferris "tunawish" (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil) - See all my reviews
I use this on a MacBook Pro & although it's a bit slow; it gets the job done with plenty of storage space.

The USB ports on the Mac are very close together & the width of this flash drive makes for a very tight fit when I've got my iPhone synch cable plugged in at the same time.
If I could find a thinner flash drive with 64gb or more; I'd buy it but alas it doesn't exist (yet!)

This drive has been reliable for transporting large files that I don't want to share over a network.

The price is unbelievably low!

1.0 out of 5 stars Big and SLOW, April 30, 2012

I've read that buying thumb drives is dicey because there are many counterfeit items out there, built with inferior chips. I don't think this is one of them though, because I bought it from a well-known brick-and-mortar store.

I wish I hadn't bought this thing. I wouldn't take another even for free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it every day!, January 2, 2014
This USB drive is my best friend, I use it every day as one of three backups for my personal pictures and also just to transfer general files from one place to another. Transfers are very quick, like I said I love this drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, December 6, 2013
This was purchased as a gift to replace an in car iPod and works just like I hoped it would. Shipping was fast, price was great and the packaging was secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars 64gb thumb drive, June 19, 2013
This thumb drive worked perfect for me. I use it to back up all of my important docs and favorite pictures. The price was excellent and the retractable connector was deciding factor for me. I would recommend this product to anyone in the market for one.

5.0 out of 5 stars SANDISK CRUZER 64 GB USB FLASH DRIVE, May 13, 2013
I have to admit it took longer than expected to receive but i am happy with the product. I use it to record programs on my new converter box which is able to record programs via UBS Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, January 9, 2013
I love this flash drive - has plenty of room to store pictures on. So glad I ordered it - less flash drives to take care of.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but often the "vault" will not accept the files., November 30, 2012
One great product and you can create one vault for the entire drive. But often you must close, eject and then re-open the "vault" for it will not accept the files the first time you try.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›