5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Desere Steenberg
Published 23 months ago by Desere Steenberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Could it be any more American?
I enjoyed the story, don't get me wrong, but the author went to "high school"??? Secondary school in Ireland, or is it different in Dublin. Oh and she applied for welfare in England? Fair enough. But social security in Dublin? A good few phrases that are making me doubt the authors credibility. Silly mistakes.
Published 23 months ago by M. Donnelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Desere Steenberg, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Did You Hear Me Crying? (The Heartbreaking True Story of a Child Abused) - Child Abuse True Stories (Kindle Edition)
This book deserves so much more than the 5 stars I can give it on here. It is closer to a 100 stars. The book was not only well written but written with true depth,meaning and emotion so strong and courages that if I did not know it to be true I would have thought the author was a mastermind in laying down the bare facts without actually having gone through any of it.

My heart goes out to the author and the true horror she had to endure, finding the courage to write about it is one of the most courages things I have ever heard about. The book was so well written that I could actually pick up on the horror,emotions,upsets and heartbreak the author had to endure.

I was rooting for her all the way to the end as I really wanted this stunning,courages,absolute gem of a woman to find her way out of a life of horror. And in the end she made it and I could not be happier. I have always cried when reading a good book but this time I cried my eyes out and I at one stage got so upset at what I was reading that I had to put the book down to gather myself but could not resit going back for more to see what happens.

This is definitely the most emotional read ever and I for one recommend it to all woman having to suffer through abuse.

Excellent work Cassie,your a gem and I wish you only the best for the future!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could it be any more American?, January 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, January 19, 2013
I thought this book was well written. That poor child was so abused. I thought the Author did a great job portraying their story. Could not put the book down.

2.0 out of 5 stars The author points fingers at everyone BUT herself..., March 19, 2014
*Spoilers*
While I sympathize with the author's terrible childhood circumstances, and the cycle of abuse she found herself in as an adult, I was struck by her inability to accept any personal responsibility for her own choices.
While an abused child is never to blame for the actions of their caregivers, an adult who decides to stay involved with an abuser is somewhat responsible for the environment they live in.
I also found it telling that, at various times, ALL of her children have stopped speaking with her for different periods of time (including her oldest, who made the choice as an adult, having been raised without a mother in her life), and she (again) blamed other people's actions, rather than herself.
She is riding the victim train all the way to the station.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic Mom's Book Reviews, February 26, 2013
Today's Review is on Did You Hear Me Crying by Cassie Moore

Have you ever read a book based on someone's life that hit's you so hard that you need a little time to mull it over before moving on to another? This book did just that.

A sometimes horrific record of mental, sexual, verbal, and physical abuse, Did You Hear Me Crying will touch your heart as well as your very soul.

Cassie's story begins with the animosity that her mother feels towards her and the verbal and physical abuse she inflicted upon her. She then goes on to talk about the sexual abuse she had suffered at the hands of her stepfather who repeated the offense for years.

More times than not, children that are subjected to what Cassie had at a young age tend to latch onto the first person that shows them love and affection as a teen or young adult, and that's exactly what she did. Sadly though, this first love was just as bad as the parents that abused her. But life goes on and as such Cassie was able to find love once again and of course everything seemed well until he began controlling her, berating her, and beating her.

Finally hitting bottom, Cassie reached out for help and slowly but surely has broken free from the cycle of abuse, but at a great cost. She has no relationship with her mother and stepfather; which I think is actually a good thing, no relationship with her sisters, and her children deserted her.

Now, after 46 years of abuse she is finally in control of her life and is abuse free. Her children have opened the lines of communication, and she has finally found true love and more importantly, she has begun to heal.

A moving story of one woman's struggle that will leave you wanting to reach out to the author. To tell her to keep strong, and to tell her she is loved.

5 of 5 stars
Available at Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad, January 29, 2013
I couldn't stop reading this book, but I just didn't like how nothing was in detail and how it kept jumping years that eventually I had to guess or flip a few pages back to find out what was going on. This book isn't so bad, but I expected better honestly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 9, 2013
This was a sad but wonderful story of abuse and helping to put someones life back together again. There is a small series of these books the author wrote and they are all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, June 27, 2013
great book kept me turning pages great writting I would recomend it to anyone.I could not put it done. well written

5.0 out of 5 stars So very brave, June 22, 2013
This book is a perfect telling to help people understand why women stay in abusive relationships. Heartbreaking yet hopeful and strong. I recommend this book to anyone who is being abused or knows someone who is.
I doubt there are many that could read this and say "but she didn't have it as bad as I have". Ms Moore has been so strong in her willingness to bare her soul in this heart wrenching tale of pain and hope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart breaking!, May 25, 2013
The strength of this woman is mind blowing. There were times while reading her history that I felt like finding her abusers and offering a little abuse upon them, myself. As a mental health clinician, I attempted to understand the victim and the cycle if abuse and violence....eyeopening!