5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I had seen it before, that was why I bought it, I recommend this to anyone. You cannot go wrong with this product.
Published 12 months ago by Murph

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at the pictures...if you are 3
As a fan of Crysis and game guides, I thought this would be a good buy. Especially since the last guides in the series were awesome - they showed paths, tactics, and all hidden items. I should have known that since the games went from 10-15 hour gameplay down to a whopping 5, that was a clue the guide would take a hit.

Man - the writers were just as lazy as...
Published 23 months ago by R. Stevens

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at the pictures...if you are 3, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Crysis 3 Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames Take Your Games Further) (Paperback)

Man - the writers were just as lazy as the developers.

This guide is nothing like the past iterations in the series. The Crysis 2 game guide had stealth / aggressive strategies, locations of ALL hidden collectibles, tips to get achievements, and MP tips. I usually play on my own and crack open the guide when I missed an achievement or hidden collectible opportunity. This guide claims to have information on the intel, datapads, and posters, but that is total crap! The only time they list it is in the beginning of the chapter. They will list the count for each, but NOWHERE do they show its location. So I bought the guide, but must hop on youtube for their locations should I miss them.

Which also let me say they list the achievements / trophies - but NO suggestion on how to do them. Once again, I had to go to youtube for this. EX: you get an achievement for taking down a chopper in a certain level. So Im trying that. Nada. WTH? Here, I get on youtube and find out that even though I was hitting the chopper, and got feedback like I was making progress, it was worthless - THAT chopper is immune. Had to go to a different level to see the same chopper again, but in this area, attacks were allowed.

PROS: I will give it 2 stars in at the very least, they do have 2 sections. One is blue, and covers the level for a stealth approach. The red border paged section covers strategies if you want to go guns blazing - multi tasking your nanosuit abilities. They do have nice screenshots.

The MP portion is nice but again, a brief primer on each MP level, but not as in depth as other guides that give suggestions, tips, good areas for an abush, etc. This I dont care about as much but you might. Most guides, for the same price, have 3X the content.

I understand the economy is bad, so games are shorter, book content is shorter. But don't false advertise and say that "Every cell intel, datapad and poster revealed!" when it clearly isn't. Just let me know this is a watered down version, you'll only cover 2 possible attack paths and neat little screenshots and background story on characters an weapons and that's about it. I would have welcomed the honesty and saved my money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your $$$, February 26, 2013
Very basic guide with very little information. It does provide maps for the multiplayer, but as someone that buys and uses tons of guides, this one is a waste of money, as the game is not a true open world, so finding "hidden" things isn't a chore to begin with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible guide, February 26, 2013
Linda L Sikkenga (Muskegon, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This ain't no Prima guide.....doesn't show good pictures of where things are or what to look for....the two strategy guide is moronic....one can do both at different times (stealth or more head on) or both at the same time....I don't need to be told how to do either, I do sometimes need help finding something or knowing where to go when everything looks the same, and if you want a guide to help you find things, this ain't it, but it is half the cost of a Prima and worth half of that at that.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, March 11, 2013
My wife bought me this game and the guide for a present. The game... a little short but sweet! The guide... seriously useless. I mean, lets say you just wanna know what the best machine gun is. NOPE... can't figure that out. No comparisons, no ranking of weapon types, they don't even tell you how much ammo fits into some of the guns. Oh yeah... all those data intels you wanna find... guess what... YEAH, put your visor back on cuz this book does not tell you where they are. It doesn't tell you where ANYTHING is really. What I wouldn't do to know where the heck another crate of bows are. You want a walkthrough right? Hows this: (near the end of the game just before the alpha-ceph) "Enemy targets start showing up on your visor scans. Tag them and come up with a plan of attack." HOLD THE PHONE... ME?! I have to come up with a plan of attack? Thanks A-wholes. Oh wait, that was the "stealth section"... let's try the "head-on" section.... SAME EXACT WORDING!!! C'mon man! last but not least.. Thanks Bradygames for the MULTIPLAYER maps. How about some maps telling me where these Triple-A gun ares and maybe a little warning every time I take one down, a few more ceph come along afterwards.

I remember when strategy guides showed me EVERYTHING, whether I wanted to know it or not. Sad to see these people profit on glorified instruction manuals.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, March 2, 2013
Riley (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
There just isn't enough information in this guide to justify the price. The weapon walkthrough is decent but that's the only positive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless!, March 2, 2013
This guide is worthless folks! I remember when Bradygames produced quality game guides and they have gone down hill and quite honestly they should be ashamed for even selling this product! Save your money folks and I hope Bradygames is paying attention to the reviews because they are spot on for this particular guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 14, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars My Review, July 20, 2013
Dave (Exton, pa United States) - See all my reviews
This guide isn't the best guide book I have bought, nor was the worst. I prefer guide books that are very detailed and give step by step instructions throughout the whole game. This guide book has alot of abbreviated parts and isn't the easiest to follow.

In my opinion, Brady Games publishes some really good guides, and, publishes some not so good guides. I wish we could preview a small part of all books before they are bought online. That is the one-good thing about buying in stores. You can preview the book in its entirety before handing over your hard earned cash.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate but nothing to write home about., April 18, 2013
English Prof (Brownsville, Texas) - See all my reviews
For those who are accustomed to using these guides, I fear that this one will leave you feeling somehow short changed. To me, it seemed neither as clear nor as well illustrated as others I have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think is a very good game. I have one level to do, July 17, 2014
After playing Crysis 2 to the max I was ready to play Crysis 3, well, or so I thought. 3, I think is a very good game. I have one level to do. Then I think I will go on line to play it. It should be interesting to do. AS... I say it is a good game.

Crysis 3 Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames Take Your Games Further)
Crysis 3 Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames Take Your Games Further) by Michael Lummis (Paperback - February 19, 2013)
$19.99 $14.92