5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!
Published on May 23, 2007 by Tawana Hawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars andr'e ward crystal city
Very good album. I heard some of his songs on Pandora. I was impressed. So I added this cd to my collection.
Published 16 months ago by Dwight Richmond

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!, May 23, 2007
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
Andre Ward has taken his smooth saxophone sounds to the next level. I imagine as an artist you're always trying to improve your craft in a way that is meaningful. I would have to say not only has this been done but the standard has just been raised. There's something here for every listening taste without compromising. Not one day has gone by that I have not listened to this cd over and over again. My hope is that people reading THIS review will give this project a chance. You will not be disappointed in any way, shape or form. There's a song for people who enjoy stepping...Chicago Here We Go. There are wonderful vocals as well. Marc Nelson formerly of AZ Yet sings beautifully on I Don't Want to Be In Love. I absolutely love the vocalists on Wishful Thinking and More Than Friends. Instrumentally...Abstract is bananas. It's not like anything I've ever heard and I absolutely love it. New Orleans Lights gives me a chance to remember a time when that city was at its bold, bright and most beautiful best. The title cut Crystal City is absolutely beautiful and I fell in love with Andre's Theme long before the cd had officially been released. If you're looking for something fresh and innovative. A cd that you'll never grow tired of listening to, Crystal City is the one for you.

Andre...you did your thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME !!!, April 27, 2007
D. Morrison (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
I started listening to Andre Ward after I heard his jazz version of "Step in the Name of Love". This cd is wonderful. It is full of soul and full of energy. It is a must have for jazz lovers. He has done it again!! My favorite is ....Well the whole cd!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Movin' on up!, May 21, 2007
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
Andre ward's cd crystal city is a very well put together cd. Like the master grover washington,marion meadows and my favorite the late great george howard... andre has carved out his own voice among saxophonists. With this cd he plays the ewi on chicago{here we go}.Which is a steppers jam bringing to mind everette harp on that tune. Very nicely produced by yasha and orpheus records

5.0 out of 5 stars Still getting better, June 30, 2007
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
Andre has put out another high-quality CD that should only boost his stock. This CD is a wonderful listen with a lot of mellow tunes, and if you see him live, this CD will at least match your expectations from his shows.

The mellow tunes are headlined by "Andre's Theme", "New Orleans Lights" and "More Than Friends", the last of which has quickly become a favorite of mine. "When You're Alone" is also right up there, and "I Don't Want to Be In Love" also has a nice feel to it.

He picks up the pace nicely with a couple of songs, notably "Chicago (Here We Go)" and the final track, "When the Nighttime Comes".

All in all, this CD is a very worthy addition to your collection, just like his prior CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Definite Jazz Must Have, April 3, 2008
SassyJazzBird "sjb" (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
I heard this during a bus tour and immediately fell in love with it after hearing only a few tracks. Once I bought the full cd I was blown away. I play it so much that I now need a new one. I love "More Than Friends" and "I Dont Want to Be In Love". These tracks are so sensual, the vocals just melt with the music to create such a romantic mood. Track #5 is excellent as well. It's smooth and builds to an intense climax toward the end where there is just a jazz explosion that's awesome. You gotta get this cd, It's a must have!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silky Smooth.....Just like Expensive Brandy..., September 4, 2008
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
I've know Andre' since our days at Tennessee State University, when he was playing in the band. The crowds used to come to the games just to hear him play during half time. He always had that smooth vibe going on. This CD is the by far the best work he has produced. You can here the growth in this CD. It is very smooth and it just makes it so easy to just drown out all of your problems and let the horn take you away. Dre', I'm looking forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Andre blows crystal notes, August 21, 2013
Wanda M. Green (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
What's not to like...He's pure magic. The songs featuring singing artists weren't my favorite but all in all I enjoyed the cd. My preference between this and Caution is Caution.

3.0 out of 5 stars andr'e ward crystal city, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Crystal City (MP3 Music)

5.0 out of 5 stars Charles, May 25, 2013
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
This was actually a gift my father requested. He loves the music and listens to it everyday. I would recommend this for people who like music for relaxing or feeling the groove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD!!!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Crystal City (Audio CD)
This is my first introduction to Andre Ward. I enjoyed every song. Great sound, love his music. Look forward to more!!!

Crystal City
Crystal City by André Ward (Audio CD - 2007)