Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 19, 2000
The latest release from Jaci Velasquez continues to stay true to her roots in Christian music but she has that pop inflection that makes her appeal to a wider audience. I suppose I am that wider audience since I am not necessarily a big fan of Christian music. I fell in love with Jaci because of Llegar a Ti, her Spanish language album. It has great Latin dance songs and moving ballads and that voice. That wonderful, "crystal clear" voice. In an age where female singers seem to show off their vocal acrobatics (see Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, etc.) Jaci's voice just flows naturally. There is no strain or struggle. It's truly a pure voice and a great instrument sorely missed from music today. Also Jaci appeals because of the messages in her music. How can one not be moved by You're Not There? It's message rings so true. We think of God being this distant figure when in reality he's inside of us always. It's truly a remarkable song. Check out You Don't Miss a Thing for the best uptempo track on the album. It's a dance song. It's really cool!!! Jaci's vocal talents are best displayed in Imagine Me Without You, Come as You Are, and the exquisite Just a Prayer Away.
Jaci's music transcends the label Christian music. Buy Crystal Clear if you want to be inspired by wonderful lyrics and an amazing voice.
I just hope we see another Spanish language album. Jaci won't abandon her Christian music roots for mainstream success. Let's hope she doesn't abandon her Latin roots either. Somehow I doubt she will!!
P.S. Jaci please stick with Rudy Perez. He is a great song writer and producer. The best songs on Crystal Clear are Rudy Perez songs.
on September 7, 2000
This album was totally awesome. Her voice is just incredible. From the rockin' upbeat 'Every Time I Fall', to the enchanted-sounding title track, 'Crystal Clear', and the Beautifully soft 'Just a Prayer Away', Jaci always puts it Crystal Clear that she is a Christian and she lives for the living God. This album is incredible because she was going through a lot when she was recording and it shows a lot of the emotions of the last year for her. I definitely recommend this album, it is a mature version of Jaci Velasquez in the most dedicated-to-music form I have ever seen her.
on October 17, 2002
Crystal Clear is the best CD of Jaci V's Ive ever had! It has very cool and beautiful songs in it!Id give this baby a 5 star! The Albums' great!You just wanna play the songs over and over again!I suggest that you buy this CD!
on May 31, 2004
This CD is great. The song "Crystal Clear" is such an awesome song; I've listened to that song around a thousand times over the past five years. And right after that song is "Every Time I Fall", a song that blows anything today's secualr pop-stars are doing. There are a few songs that fall a little short of the rest, but all and all this is a great CD that any Christian would love to have in their collection.
See ya next review.
[...]
on February 9, 2001
This album inspires me in so many ways than one! It makes me smile, it makes me sing, it makes me hope.. the album is so great from the fast, upbeat songs to the slow, sweet and inspirational ones! "Just a prayer away", "Imagine me without You" and "Adore" are songs that will really touch your heart. And the absolutely fabulous duet in "Come as YOu are" is just the best i have heard. ive recommended it to so many of my friends already.. and they have fallen in love with it
Jaci sings her songs from the heart.. and it comes out in every song that she sings... listening to this album.. makes everything "Crystal Clear" in life....
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you!
God bless you all!
on September 27, 2000
I have all three of her English and Christian albums. Although, in my opinion, her debut album was definitely a special one... This new one comes very close to being just as good. I usually like to listen to an album before I spend money buying it, but when I ordered it on an impulse, and finally got to listen to it, I was indeed pleasantly surprised. She has not strayed too far away from what I believe to be most important--the central message about God's love and His influence in her life and her music. With this album, I can truly see effort, and the fact that she has contributed to the lyrics also impresses me. I definitely recommend it if you have already liked her music. It's definitely one to buy...and listen to often. ;)
on December 13, 2000
I've been a big fan of Jaci's music since '96 and her debut album. I used to listen to it 24/7 almost. As time went on, I still listened to it, purchased the second album, then the spanish one as well. Life was great, and the music was perfect - then comes Crystal Clear.
For those of you who are NEW to Jaci's music (ie: llegar a ti) this CD blends a beautiful voice with great music and wonderful lyrics (my fav song-"Crystal Clear"). If you are NEW to her music, you will love this CD! The first song ("Escucheme") is a great start bringing her latin roots somewhat to this CD.
For those that have CD's back from her debut or sophomore albums - you will find many elements continuing in full swing... "Crystal Clear" (track 2) has the slow tempo beautiful music/voice combination found in songs like "Paper Tigers" and "You" from her second album. With the exception of "Everytime I Fall" (I will get to that later) this CD then takes a *SLIGHT* change - many of the songs tend to resemble those on her debut CD - such as "He's My Savior" and "Adore".
Finally- the most interesting thing about this CD is the third track "Everytime I Fall" which could pass just as well for a rip off some bubble gum teenie bopper album. Songs like "Stronger" from Britney, and "Day and Night" by Billie are probably the closest.
I personally listen to the first 3 or 4 songs of the CD, then change disc's. I really miss elements from her second album enough to make me continue to listen to it more than this latest release.
on August 2, 2004
This was sooo great. I borrowed this CD from a friend and after a few listens i was stunned. The first time i listened to it, I found it kind of slow, but the more i listened, i found the lyrics helpful, and i found i was almost entraced with it. i reccomend this. i really do.
on September 8, 2001
I love this CD! I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with one of the writers saying that Jaci is trying to copy Britney Spears. "Everytime I Fall" is my favorite song on this album and I think Jaci has done a wonderful job with her album. I'm really into the Latin beats and I'm definitly in agreement with the message that each one of these songs sends out. Jaci did a great job with this CD and I hope she continues to amaze people with her awesome voice and lyrics.
on November 12, 2012
Though Jaci is much younger than I, I found this to be a truly well done and well produced lp by a talented young lady who proves she is not subject to pop trends. I am a die hard prog fan and ccm collector as well. This lp is musically balanced and the players show top notch ability and skill in each track. Her voice is as pretty as her face and she can vary her style from soft to intense. Worshipful as well as upbeat.