Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Scent Name: Pomegranate|Change
Price:$5.65+ Free shipping

on September 21, 2012
I have very sensitive underarms and unfortunately I cannot use any anti-persperant because I am allergic to the aluminum. The Crystal Essence Deodorant Spray in Pomegranate does what it says, it stops you from smelling bad. Please note that this product is DEODORANT, not anti-persperant! Knowing this, I had no expectation that it would prevent sweating, it is not made to do that.

The fragrance is nice and fruity, not too overpowering. I use it every morning after I shower and I remain bad-smell-free until bedtime. It does take a while to dry but it is not sticky and does not stain my clothes.

The only drawback is that the spray nozzle and tube frequently becomes clogged. A quick rinse under hot water helps but it doesn't spray out like it did when it was new. I prefer the spray application to the roll-on only because it doesn't go on as heavily but i wish the deisgn of the spray tube and nozzle were a little more accomodating for the thicker consistency of the liquid.
on October 14, 2010
Unlike the other reviewer, I don't use this under my arms. I use the thai stick which is awesome. This spray is lightly scented, a good replacement for body sprays and perfumes. You spray it on yourself, but more importantly, in those little areas where you can develop an odor. Spraying this on after a bath or shower. It stops the bacteria that causes odor from forming and it works really great. The key, spray it on clean skin before bacteria sets in or it won't work if you already have an odor.
on February 21, 2016
I have what I would consider to be a problem perspiration and I have used Dry Idea roll-on exclusively for probably the past 25 or 30 years. I have never had any problem with and it always kept me sweet smelling and dry. Over the years they change the formula many times and I never had any problem with the changes but all of a sudden out of the blue 5 or 6 months ago I got a horrible irritation, swelling, bumps and bad redness under both arms, bordering on abscesses and I knew it was the Dry Idea and that I needed to make a change. I have wanted to get away from anti-perspirants for a long time and on and off had tried some of the natural things over the years, but I couldn't even make it through a 12 hr day without smelling bad. But since I know now that anti-perspirants are bad for me after having a reaction, I decided to force myself to deal with whatever happened when I switched to a natural deodorant. I bought various forms of it such as the Thai solid and powder lines, various forms of Crystal Essence and found that pretty much all of them work about the same, so I decided to just keep what I liked the smell of which ended up being the Crystal Essence pomegranate spray and the same scent in the roll-on. In between showers if I started to notice odor, I wet some dry wipes I buy here on Amazon with 91% alcohol and clean under my arms with that. It has less water than regular 70% alcohol, and is usually sold alongside the 70% in drugstores. It does not irritate me at all, and I found that this killed the smell better that washing with even Betadine surgical scrub or other strong soaps outside of the shower. In the shower I'd have to wash and rinse at least twice to kill the smell. Anyway I figured that I was in for a life of never making it through a day without starting to smell, but over time I noticed it starting to get better and better and after about four months I noticed that I wasn't smelling at all anymore and I was able to make it fully through the day and longer. I think your body has to adjust to it and I think that allowing the toxins to come out for all those months brought me to a healthier new "normal" which I am thrilled about. It has always bothered me using chemicals under my arms as it seemed like a bad idea to plug up an exit spot for toxins. As you know, this does not stop sweating, but as long as I don't smell, I do not mind a little dampness when it's hot outside. I have not had wet underarms at all. I have it down to using the Crystal Essence pomegranate roll-on after a shower and if I need to touch up or cannot shower one day, I use the spray after I wipe the underarms with alcohol (which rarely is necessary anymore, but I do it for hygiene). The spray lasts a very long time, I use 4-5 sprays for each arm, but 4 is plenty. So glad I stuck it out because it was very rough at times! I just figured it was my lot in life to deal with stinky underarms and had no idea it would get better with time after all the toxins had exited. Here are the dry wipes I use for the alcohol cleanings - they have a lot of personal uses: http://www.amazon.com/Medline-Ultra-Soft-Disposable-Cleansing-Cloths/dp/B00O8169VQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456058274&sr=8-1&keywords=Dry+wipes
on February 24, 2016
I'm not sure of I got a bad batch or what, but this smelled disgusting, like plastic and chemicals. I have bought it from Whole Foods in person before and it had a nice, slightly sweet, pomegranate scent. It worked well if used correctly-clean skin! This won't work if you already stink. Thankfully Amazon has excellent customer service and refunded my purchase. Since I no longer live close enough to a store that carries this, and I didn't want to take my chances online again, I decided to do more research on natural deodorants. I discovered that one of the ingredients in this, potassium alum, is potentially harmful so I will no longer be using any crystal deodorant from any brand. I've gone back to LaVanila and I love it.
on July 11, 2015
Love this deodorant. I've been using Crystal Body Deodorant for a long time now and this is my first Pomegranate one. It smells good but strong at first and then it subsides. All of the scents for this body spray smell strong only for the second you spray them and then it goes away. I like that it has no chemicals in it, nor parabens, etc. I use this for any part of my body that needs refreshing! Underarms, Feet, and even private parts. It lasts for about 8 hours and then reapply it if needed. Highly recommend.
on November 24, 2013
I love this deodorant! It has nothing artificial and it allows your body to sweat without smelling. The toxins come out as they should but you don't smell. I did notice that after wearing antiperspirant for years it did take a little while for my body to get used to switching over. I actually waxed my under arms a few times to pull the hair follicles out. I was told that antiperspirants take a long time to get out of your system So I figured waxing my under arms would help clean everything out. Just a thought.. I always thought underarms smell in the past. I had to use antiperspirant at least two times a day. Now I only use this once a day and I rarely smell. I am so grateful for this product
on July 23, 2014
If you are looking for a deodorant that has a fragrance that lasts throughout the day, or even for a couple of hours, this is not for you. However, if you want a spray that's completely natural (there's only five ingredients and all are natural) and smells pleasant, this if for you! Don't let the small bottle fool you... it lasts for months!
on October 31, 2015
This is a good natural deodorant (if you want to avoid aluminum found in normal deodorants and antiperspirants). However, the roll is better than this liquid spray. The spray is nice for the fragrance of pomegranate but the spray makes the skin a bit sticky.
on July 10, 2013
I like these products, because I"m sensitive to many deodorants and these work well for me. I usually use the roll-on, but I find that if you're not a shower every day kind of person (I'm not) then using roll-on on a wiped clean underarm doesn't keep the odor away all day. AND sometimes it funks up my roll-on bottle so that it permanently works less well. This spray does the trick on non-shower days, keeping odor gone for the workday (I reapply when I get home). AND it's great for any other areas that tend to get sweaty and smelly and aren't 'roll-on' shaped.
on August 31, 2014
I bought this and the smell was okay. It's not really a sweet smell like I was hoping for. I used it for a week and my friend told me I smelled like b.o.! I smelled closely and it just smelled like the deodorant but with a hint of b.o.! I trashed this product and bought the salt crystal again. I'd rather smell like nothing than body odor!

See 1 answered question