5.0 out of 5 stars 78 Minutes
Published on March 31, 2007 by Steven Haarala

3.0 out of 5 stars good songs ,couple of poor renditions
i bought this for my daughter for christmas.i dont like greatest hits albums that have versions changed from original popular ones. it had a few live or changed versions.barely recognised landslide.i should have researched better.
Published 20 months ago by thehorseman1955

5.0 out of 5 stars 78 Minutes, March 31, 2007
Steven Haarala (Mandeville, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks (Audio CD)
78 minutes of power and pleasure, that's what this is. Not a weak track on here. All 7 of Stevie's major solo hits are included, and they sound fabulous! Then there are 3 solo songs that I was not familiar with: "Sorceror", "Rooms On Fire" and "Planets Of The Universe". All 3 are good, strong tracks, especially "Sorceror", which opens with a line that I can frequently relate to: "I'm tired, I'm thirsty, I'm wild-eyed in my misery..." For a little more variety, we have live versions of "Rhiannon" and "Landslide". "Rhiannon" packs quite a punch once the intro is done, and the orchestra gives "Landslide" an added dimension, making a song that was already beautiful even more so. And I'm glad to have the studio version of "Silver Springs", because I had never heard it before. Getting into some really different territory, there is the Deep Dish version of "Dreams", which is faster and harder than the original. And I absolutely never imagined that I would ever hear Stevie Nicks burn up the place with Led Zep's "Rock And Roll", but here it is.

Now - why 2 versions of "Edge Of 17"? Well, the studio version obviously is the one most people would want, so it is right up front. But by ending the album with the same track, we complete the circle, which, in Stevie's mystical world, just might be a cosmic necessity. (The End is just The Beginning, right?) Also, this album needs a very muscular finish, and with Stevie, the backup singers, the rock musicians and the orchestra having a field day at the end with additional lyrics and instrumental passages, the finale is quite a musical catharsis. Whew! I'll say it again: 78 minutes of power and pleasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fans have been waiting for this one!!, March 27, 2007
Allen Chapman (STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
First off this set is superior to TimeSpace and Enchanted. The treat here is the DVD. You get to hear Stevie's comments on each video and she has something funny to say about each one. You'll see that Stevie isn't as serious as you might have thought she was. The other real treat is the Bella Donna recording sessions videos. Long time fans will really love this CD/DVD, casual fans will want the CD which has some killer live tracks, but die-hards have been waiting for this DVD. Speaking of the live tracks, one can only hope that the full Melbourne show gets a release someday. The orchestra works really well, the strings playing the riff on "Edge Of Seventeen" is very cool.

Well worth the wait and long time fans won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the music of Stevie Nicks, March 27, 2007
Stevie Nicks is one my favorite singers. Even though I already have most these songs on other CDs, I didn't have the music videos for her songs until now. This CD and combo contains most of her greatest hits as a member of Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist. "Dreams" is my favorite track. This is her hit as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1977. "Silver Spring" is another hit Stevie had with Fleetwood Mac that is included here. This song is very touching. I love her solo hits like "Stand Back", "Talk To Me" and "I Can't Wait." I remember dancing to the songs in the 80's. I enjoyed the listening to the commentary for the song "Edge Of Seventeen." Stevie wrote this song after the death of John Lennon and her uncle. This is a very personal song, and it became one of her biggest solo hits. I love the duets "Leather and Lace" with Don Henley and "Stop Dragging my Heart Around" with Tom Petty too. "Whenever I Call You Friend" is missing from this set of songs, but that is okay. This DVD and CD combo includes great songs that are lesser known like the duet "Sorcerer" with Sheryl Crow. This is a really good song and video. "Everyday" is another lesser known song that I really liked. This song is cute and the tone of Stevie's voice is great. I loved watching the videos and listening to the music on this excellent CD and DVD combo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Near-perfect collection, April 11, 2007
This review is from: Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks (Audio CD)
Stevie Nicks is one of the last of the greats in pop/rock and roll music. Here is a woman who lived the mythical rock story: sex, drugs and rock and roll. Besides that, though, she is an excellent singer/songwriter who undoubtedly had to deal with the male egos of both Fleetwood Mac and record executives. She's one of the few female artists to find success in both a music group and solo career.

This collection may not have all the original versions of her hits but the live verisons and remixes that do replace the originals are still worthy of a listen. The recent live version of "Rhiannon" is powerful, and hearing "Dreams" in a dance version brings this timeless song into the millennium. It's a treat to hear the original "Silver Springs". It's hard to believe this track was not included on the original pressing of "Rumours". It's simply brilliant, and it's easy to understand why Nicks was upset that it wasn't originally included. But at least this song is getting its due. It's become an important part of Nicks' legacy.

And there are so many more great songs: "Edge of Seventeen", "I Can't Wait", "Talk to Me", "Stand Back", and "Rooms on Fire".

It would have been a perfect collection if this compilation included "Gypsy" and "Sara", two of Nicks' finest songs with Fleetwood Mac, but ultimately integral to Nicks' own career.

Small quibbles aside, this is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Visions, September 8, 2007
This review is from: Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks (Audio CD)
I really can't say I am a diehard Stevie Nicks fan but I always have enjoyed a good number of her popular hits (with and without Fleetwood Mac). Her best of collection CRYSTAL VISIONS is perfect for casual listeners like msyelf. The cd contains all of my favorite songs that Stevie has done in the past and present. My personal favorite songs? "Room on Fire" and "Talk to Me" (which goth band Diva Destruction does a spectacular cover for the indie film GYPSY 83). I never really was crazy about Fleetwood Mac's music but in this case I really enjoyed songs like "Silver Springs" and "Landslide".

In this day and age of Hannah Montana, The Pussycat Dolls, and other disposable pop tarts who tries to pass themselves off as singers, it is refreshing to hear Stevie Nicks. In my opinion, Stevie sounds as good as ever with her distinct raspy vocals which I absolutely adore. She can definitely teach the latest pop du jour on a thing or two about singing and maintaining a career that has gone on for more than the proverbial 15 minutes. CRYSTAL VISIONS is a great testament to Stevie's longevity in an industry that is more concerned with the bottom line than creating long-lasting careers for artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Amazing !, March 27, 2007
I just recieved the CD and the CD / DVD today and I cannot stress enough to each and every Stevie Fan out there what a MUST HAVE these are!

As expected the tracks off of the CD are enough to get me in the mood for a Stevie Concert, but after watching the DVD I have a new found affection for Ms. Stevie Nicks. Watching how much time,effort,energy and devotion she puts into making her songs perfect and preparing for her shows just to please her Fans is beyond Amazing.

The never before seen Home Video of Stevie Nicks is an eyeopening experience in itself. To watch her work on the Bella Donna album is yet another triumphant step up for Stevie. Watching The parts of The Making of Bella Donna made me feel as though I was a part of the Process, ( or maybe envious that I wasn't there to witness it in real life ). :-)

I think any and every Fan , Hard Core or Newbie, of Stevie Nicks will find this to be a MUST HAVE for their collection! I want to write more, but unfortunately I can't , I have to get back to the CD / DVD. ( this is my third time listening to it ).

I am positive that anyone who purchases this will not be dissapointed.

Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks (CD / DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars True "best of" package, April 2, 2007
When I first heard Stevie Nicks would be releasing yet another "Greatest Hits" type package, I wasn't thrilled. She released Timespace in 1991 and the Enchanted Box Set in 1998.

However this set, while not as comprehensive as Enchanted, but way more than Timespace--is the ultimate set, especially for the casual Nicks fan. Enchanted usually sells for around $40, being a 3-disc set, with this CD + DVD is going for around $20, it is a much more affordable package.

The only TRUE Fleetwood Mac track is "Silver Springs," the other Fleetwood Mac tracks are performed live by Stevie on solo tours (Rhiannon and Landslide), and "Dreams" is a Deep Dish dance remix with new vocals recorded by Stevie in 2005. It was an interesting and effective way to put a few Mac tunes on Crystal Visions. Some may wonder why not all solo work? Well most people associated Stevie Nicks with Fleetwood Mac AND her solo work. It makes the set more comprehensive.

The live tracks are masterfully recorded in perfect quality. Landslide and Edge of Seventeen sound magical with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, recorded in 2006 live. Stevie's rockin' live cover of Led Zeppelin's "Rock N Roll" is also an added gem. It has become a staple in Stevie's concert set list since the Summer of 2005, and definitely was added to appeal to Stevie's more "hardcore" fan base.

Purchase the CD/DVD set is a much more value conscious purchase than purchasing Crystal Visions as a CD only. The DVD features all of Stevie's music videos, except 1998's "If You Ever Did Believe" video, a song from the movie "Practical Magic." Viewers have the option of watching the music videos by themselves, or with added commentary by Stevie Nicks. It feels like Stevie Nicks is sitting next to you on your couch when watching the videos, from start to finish, with the voice over commentary. Instead of the same comments we've all heard before, Stevie offers tons of insight into the making of each video. Highlights of the DVD include the "Stand Back - Scarlett Version" which Stevie humorously pokes fun at herself throughout the video. She adds during the "Stop Draggin My Heart Around" video with Tom Petty that her lip singing was NOT at it's best in her first video.

The set is recommended to any Stevie Nicks fan. It also proves that Stevie has not let go of the album form. She included written background stories to each song (Except "Rooms on Fire," and I'm not sure why) in the booklet of the CD, and tons of beautiful Stevie Nicks photos.

Finally Stevie fans have a "Best Of.." set to be proud of!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear, April 3, 2007
Crystal Visions is a superb Stevie Nicks collection, culling together all her greatest hits in both music and video formats. The songs speak for themselves, "Stand Back", "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", "Leather & Lace", "Edge Of Seventeen", "Silver Springs", "Rhiannon", etc. are all classics (the only hit missing is one of her best songs, the country-rock Top 40 hit "After The Glitter Fades"). The DVD is a great bonus. Even though some of the videos are elementary in nature, it's great to have them available. This set is perfect for fanatics and those curious about Ms. Nicks' music.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic collection of music, videos, commentaries and home movies., March 29, 2007
John Seger (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I got this collection the first day of release.
The cd portion does have some familiar hits released before. However, also included is the smash hit Deepdish dance remix of "Dreams." The songs recorded with the Melbourne symphony are gorgeous: "Rhiannon," and "Edge of seventeen" have an amazingly fresh sound to them. As does "Landslide." The 3 part harmony in this song is beyond words. Gorgeous. The gem is the live version of Led Zep's "Rock and roll." It is as amazing as when I saw her cover it live in 2005.
The DVD portion is what fans have been dying to have! I owned her "I can't wait" collection" on Betamax, which covered the videos from the first three solo albums. On this dvd, it doesn't stop there: it covers all Nick's solo video clips(sans "If you ever did believe") It includes the unreleased Scarlett version of "Stand Back."!! As well as the video we all know and love. Also included are the very rarely seen videos of "Whole lotta trouble," "Sometimes it's a bitch," and "Blue Denim," And also included is the famous live version of "Edge of seventeen" live performance" taken from the famous cult video "Stevie Nicks in concert"--Which I also own on Beta!! The picture and sound quality on the dvd is amazing!!
As if this were not enough, each video clip has an option to listen to Stevie's commentaries for each video, which are great!
Also included on the DVD is a 30 minute home video from the making of Stevie's debut solo album, the 5 times platinum selling "Bella Donna."
The photos selected for the package artwork are gorgeous.
Also included is a little booklet of Stevie commenting on each song or clip, as well as rare pictures she contributed.
I paid $19.95 for this set, and it is well worth it.
Fans have been begging for her video clips to be finally released on DVD, and not only has Stevie given us that, she added a whole lot more.
In rock and roll, no artist compares to Stevie Nicks. She created her own genre.
She is arguably the top selling female rock artist of all time. Her fan base reaches multi-generational audiences.
Some may complain she hasn't released a true solo album since 2001's top selling "Trouble in Shangri La" but I think this package is an amazing gift to fans, especially considering the very reasonable list price.
Stevie Nicks is an amazing lady, artist, and very inspirational. A true rock and roll icon.
This "Crystal Visions" set is nothing short of essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, March 29, 2007
I just got this CD today. I'm listening to it as we speak. This is just not another "Best of" CD. Stevie really selected the perfect songs and/or remixes of her best songs.

I love the Deep Dish mix of "Dreams". My co-workers are probably going to kill me before the end of the day with that one.

The live track of "Rhiannon" is fantastic. One of Stevie's best performances of this classic.

I've waited a LONG time to hear the live "Landslide" & "Edge of Seventeen" w/ the Melbourne Symphony other than a choppy clip off You Tube. The strings on "Edge" are fantastic. I think thats my favorite cut on the CD. I'd like to see that whole Melbourne concert on DVD.

Speaking of DVD's, I haven't watched the DVD yet ...... I AM working ya know!

Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks
Crystal Visions - The Very Best of Stevie Nicks by Stevie Nicks (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies