5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Saw and Super Buy
Published on January 10, 2010 by PFN

1.0 out of 5 stars bad saw
well I had to take this saw to the shop for adjustment, then the oiler stopped working.They should stay with making lawn tractors.
Published 6 months ago by sterilebat

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Saw and Super Buy, January 10, 2010
PFN (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cub Cadet CS 5220 Commercial Grade 52cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered 20-Inch Chain Saw (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I took this ranch out to my ranch today and cut trees for about 5 hours with my sons. My other saw is a small Huskvarna 136 with a 16 inch bar. This thing is a monster in comparison and great for the bigger stuff. It cut thru a 24 inch oak tree and make chips fly like no other saw I have used. Something else that amazed me is that we went most of the afternoon on one tank of fuel running at very high throttle. This is very clearly a professional grade saw... much more solid than my little Husky or even the Husky 455 which I nearly bought instead. The anti vibration springs were a thing of beauty to watch and to use. It did a nice job of isolating the vibration from the user. So, with only one day of use its hard to give a definitive review. I have to say that the first impressions were very, very good. This saw is a steal at its current price on Amazon and I am very glad I bought it. One final note, the first saw I got arrived broken. UPS came and picked it up the next day and the new saw arrived the day after. Couldn't ask for better under the circumstance... Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars good solid saw, November 5, 2009
After receiving this chain saw I found it very easy to start(as long as you use the compression release). It runs well and dose not bog down even when the chain is a little dull. I cut fire wood for about 5 hours straight with it the other day with no trouble at all. This chain saw is a real time saver, though a little heavy it is lighter than the husqvarna we have of the same bar size.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad saw, January 25, 2014
sterilebat (SOMERSET, KY, US) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good chainsaw, September 16, 2010
I did not have a lot of expectations with this saw but for 52cc of power and at such a great price went with it. Used it to cut up two massive stumps with no problem. With a microchisel chain for the in ground part of the stump it did wonders even occassionally hitting dirt. It makes the Husqvarna 350 I had pitiful in contrast. I had to tighten the chain often but that was when working near the dirt for the large stump. The chainsaw starts easily and in all respects was a step up over the Husky and at a lower price.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's great when it works., July 17, 2010
I have had the chain saw for about a year. I take pride in my tools and like to make them last for a long time. I did spend quite a bit of time looking at reviews both professional and customer and finally decided on the Cub Cadet. The chain saw worked great for some time and now it is just one problem after another. If I am in the middle of cutting and run out of gas it will flood when I turn it on its side to fill it up rendering it useless until it dries out.

I spend more time trying to get it going then I do actually working with it. The bad part is that when it works, it works awesome and I find myself wasting so much time getting it running. I can see that there are other really good reviews for it and I unfortunately didn't have the same experience.

I am not going to buy a Cub Cadet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw, July 4, 2010
Michael A Ashley (Fish Creek, WI, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this saw to do some work around the property and it works great. Lots of cutting power. The only problem is with the instruction book. It forgets to tell you that you must put the chain brake on before you can fix the chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its rating - Commercial Grade, March 24, 2010
I'm an auto mechanic by trade, and know what a durable, quality tool is when I hold it and use it. This chain saw is everything it's cracked up to be. I'm very pleased with my purchase, no disappointments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unreal, Whata saw., March 8, 2010
I had been in the market for a good saw for a while after moving to a new property with plenty of fallen trees and a fireplace inside. I toiled between prices and as we all know things aren't exactly stable lately in the economy. One day while walking around sears I across the Chainsaws. I am the kind of person who spends the extra money for what I want and brands I trust. I took a gamble and bought a Craftsman 42 18" CC saw with the thought maybe this time I would save money and be happy too. It was "OK". The chain kept getting loose quickly and it just didnt cut very well. There was a flaw in the shroud that got stuck on the chainbrake handle so I was able to return it. I purchased the cub on Amazon and couldn't be happier. This thing is beast! cuts like butter, starts and runs well, and the anti-vib springs and system are a dream. You will not be disappointed. For the money, the horse power,bar length, and build is a deal. Go for it!

UPDATE******
1 year later.

Oiler is really became a pain. The cover over the sprocket has way too many nooks and cranny's for oiled up debris to get into and really muck up the saw. I have tried cleaing with Q-Tips, compressed air etc..The cover design makes keeping this saw clean a nightmare. When clean and maintained it cuts like butter but expect to have some major de mucking to do in that sprocket cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars mucho power, March 8, 2010
I bought this saw to cut through some fallen oak trees (24'' diameter). I have a smaller saw but it wasn't up to the task. I had to buy an additional chain because the oak is a lot tougher than pine. but with a sharp chain it cuts like butter. I had no trouble starting and it idled right out of the box.

Rate and Discover Movies